View Poll Results: What will be the Broncos' final record for 2007?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16 - 0

11 5.95%
  • 15 - 1

0 0%
  • 14 - 2

4 2.16%
  • 13 - 3

8 4.32%
  • 12 - 4

36 19.46%
  • 11 - 5

54 29.19%
  • 10 - 6

38 20.54%
  • 9 - 7

21 11.35%
  • 8 - 8

7 3.78%
  • 7 - 9

2 1.08%
  • 6 - 10 or worse

4 2.16%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Make your official season prediction for the Broncos in 2007

It's that time of the season again. We've seen all we're going to see of our starters before opening day so we have about all the info we're going to get in order to make our predictions. This is a public poll so your names will be recorded to whatever prediction you make. Remember that this is for fun and not to persecute the overly negative or even the 16 - 0 predictions.

Actually, I haven't even seen the outcome of our game versus the Browns, so I won't be placing my vote until after I watch the game tomorrow. And since there hasn't been a single reported post tonight (I'm not sure what to make of that) I won't even have the results spoiled for me. Yep, even in preseason I hate to know the outcome before I see the game; silly, I know.

So let's have your official picks. I do this every year so if someone beat me to it, I apologize. But I'm not even reading posts tonight so I can't check. Good luck and hopefully you 16 - 0 forecasters will be spot on!

Please include your week-by-week predictions if you want. I'll be doing mine tomorrow after the game.

--EDIT-- Here's the schedule for your convenience:
    Code:
    Week	Date	Game
    1	9-Sep	DEN @ BUF
    2	16-Sep	OAK @ DEN
    3	23-Sep	JAC @ DEN
    4	30-Sep	DEN @ IND
    5	7-Oct	SD @ DEN
    6	Bye	
    7	21-Oct	PIT @ DEN
    8	29-Oct	GB @ DEN
    9	4-Nov	DEN @ DET
    10	11-Nov	DEN @ KC
    11	19-Nov	TEN @ DEN
    12	25-Nov	DEN @ CHI
    13	2-Dec	DEN @ OAK
    14	9-Dec	KC @ DEN
    15	13-Dec	DEN @ HOU
    16	24-Dec	DEN @ SD
    17	30-Dec	MIN @ DEN
    Last edited by Javalon; 08-26-2007 at 01:51 PM.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

I'm one of those 16-0 people. However our first teamers haven't really shown me much in the first 3 games but I hope its just getting use to the new D and the fact that our whole offensive core is the walking wounded.

My Biggest scare is Probably Buffalo right now. Those opening day games are always tricky for us.

Lets hope we start the season off 1-0 and take it from there.

I cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    I'm one of those 16-0 people. However our first teamers haven't really shown me much in the first 3 games but I hope its just getting use to the new D and the fact that our whole offensive core is the walking wounded.

My Biggest scare is Probably Buffalo right now. Those opening day games are always tricky for us.

Lets hope we start the season off 1-0 and take it from there.

I cant wait
    Hahaha 16-0 for me too! I predict that every year! I did come close one year when we started 13-0 before that dreaded 14th game against Kent Grahm and the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Hahaha 16-0 for me too! I predict that every year! I did come close one year when we started 13-0 before that dreaded 14th game against Kent Grahm and the Giants.
    I say 16-0 a lot as well.
    And that game vs the Giants was actually my first game I've ever watched.

My dad got off work and went to take a nap and told me to tell him what happened. So I watched the game and wrote down notes because I didnt know anything about football and was writing everything down. Then we lost but it didnt really phase me. I didnt watch any more football until the next year which is when I began watching football on a daily basis.

I didnt even watch any of our SB wins.
    Its kind of sad knowing that I never got to watch Elway play.

8-8. I know, what the heck. but I'm not too sure about the Bates D. I havent seen anything special yet. unless you look at the run blocking what sucks right now
    [IMG]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3828/johnlynchsigzs3.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    I say 16-0 a lot as well.
    And that game vs the Giants was actually my first game I've ever watched.

My dad got off work and went to take a nap and told me to tell him what happened. So I watched the game and wrote down notes because I didnt know anything about football and was writing everything down. Then we lost but it didnt really phase me. I didnt watch any more football until the next year which is when I began watching football on a daily basis.

I didnt even watch any of our SB wins.
    Its kind of sad knowing that I never got to watch Elway play.
    16-0????

OK, that's your homer pick, but pretend for just a second like you have money on the game or it's life or death or something.

What's your REAL pick?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    16-0????

OK, that's your homer pick, but pretend for just a second like you have money on the game or it's life or death or something.

What's your REAL pick?
    15-1 with a loss to the lions

I wish I'm wrong

I think the Broncos as it looks like, will win 6 games but I don't think this is the kind of team that can get into the playoffs much less the Superbowl. But hey, tell me how wrong I am and I'll be glad. I just haven't seen anything to tell me that these Broncos this year are special. For every positive, I can see glaring negatives...hope I am proven wrong.

Another rebuilding year?!

I'm REALLY getting sick of these rebuilding yrs. Here's my observation: This team looks totally incompetent on both O & D so far this pre-season & wasn't the Brown's game the one to show everyone we're ok? Well, we're NOT ok.

I'm holding my prediction until after game 2. If we drop the opener at Buffalo, then come home and lose to the Faiders (which is totally plausible - if the Broncs play anything like they did these last two games! Hey the Texan's spanked Dallas last night); then I predict this will be a long long season for Broncos fans.
    Broncos (can) Rule (again)!!!

Without looking at our schedule I was just thinking we'd be around 10 - 6 this year, maybe better if we jell quicker than expected. But then I broke down the schedule and I think we're going to do better thanks to our early emphasis on home games. I'm thinking 13 - 3 (which still feels too high) just based on our schedule but I doubt we'll win 9 in a row so one of those wins will probably be a loss. I'm settling on 12 - 4 which will be a very nice season considering all the change on our team.

Code:
    Week	Date	Game      	RESULT
    1	9-Sep	DEN @ BUF	W - This looks scary but I think we surprise with a good start
    2	16-Sep	OAK @ DEN	W - Not a gimme but Shanny owns Oakland
    3	23-Sep	JAC @ DEN	W - Decent team but home field wins out
    4	30-Sep	DEN @ IND	L - It's in Indy so we still can't get over the hump
    5	7-Oct	SD @ DEN	W - Tough game, IMO, but I'm not convinced about Rivers
    6	Bye		
    7	21-Oct	PIT @ DEN	W - Not sure about PIT this year but we're home
    8	29-Oct	GB @ DEN	W - Favre already broke Elway's record so we break him
    9	4-Nov	DEN @ DET	W - All the talent but they're still the Lions
    10	11-Nov	DEN @ KC	W - Normally a loss but they struggle with O-line & QB
    11	19-Nov	TEN @ DEN	W - Young loses to Cutler in Denver
    12	25-Nov	DEN @ CHI	W - I think we match up well with Chicago
    13	2-Dec	DEN @ OAK	W - Shanny still owns Oakland
    14	9-Dec	KC @ DEN	W - Finally not in KC in December, we win
    15	13-Dec	DEN @ HOU	L - I think Houston will be tough in their stadium this year, upset
    16	24-Dec	DEN @ SD	L - Could be a lot on the line but SD wins at home
    17	30-Dec	MIN @ DEN	W - Winning note going into the playoffs

I'm going to add the schedule to my original post so nobody has to go look it up.
    Last edited by Javalon; 08-26-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Code:
    Week	Date	Game
    1	9-Sep	DEN @ BUF W - While we might struggle, Buffalo in Sept. isn't formidable.
    2	16-Sep	OAK @ DEN W - Oak at home, a team that will be trying find their way (oak, not denver)
    3	23-Sep	JAC @ DEN W - Jax is alway tough, but there D isn't as good, win at home.
    4	30-Sep	DEN @ IND L - Any given Sunday, but nothing indicates we are capable of beating them.
    5	7-Oct	SD @ DEN  L - Right now I have to lean towards a SD sweep of Denver
    6	Bye	
    7	21-Oct	PIT @ DEN W - Ben will be a different player, but Denver should win at home.
    8	29-Oct	GB @ DEN  W - Should be fairly straight forward
    9	4-Nov	DEN @ DET W - Kitna will surprise people, but a win on the road.
    10	11-Nov	DEN @ KC  L - Wow, will Huard still be QB, what about the O-line?  I think LJ will hurt us.
    11	19-Nov	TEN @ DEN W - Ten and Young will take time to develop.
    12	25-Nov	DEN @ CHI W - I think Bly and Bailey will make Grossman pay for his gunslinger approach.
    13	2-Dec	DEN @ OAK W - Is Culpepper the starter?  What kind of team will Oak be?  Denver sweep.
    14	9-Dec	KC @ DEN  W - Series split.  Denver will be getting into a stride offensively by now.
    15	13-Dec	DEN @ HOU W - Houston still has a ways to go.
    16	24-Dec	DEN @ SD  L - By now Denver should be a stronger team, but in SD I give the edge to Rivers, LT, Merriman and co.
    17	30-Dec	MIN @ DEN W - If we are playing for something, then I think we win, but week 17 is always tough to predict this early.
    Ok, working through them game by game, I come up with 12-4. However, these are the games I can see swinging:

• SD @ Den -W- If Denver quickly gets their ship righted and proves that the preseason was an anomoly, then I would give them the edge at home.
    • Pit @ Den -L- If Denver doesnt't quickly get their ship righted and prove the preseason was an anomoly, then I would give the edge to Pit.
    • Den @ Det -L- Detroit could surprise some people and finally have a powerful offense. I think Kitna will have a good year.
    • KC @ Den -W- If Denver plays the way many experts expect following the offseason moves and Cutler getting experience, Denver 'should' win this game.
    • Den @ Chi -L- If Cutler struggles in the regular season like he did in the preseason, then the Chicago D could make him pay.
    • KC @ Den -L- If Denver struggles all season like in preseason, then KC could have a season sweep.
    • Min @ Den -L- If Denver struggles all season like in preseason, then a loss to Minn is very possible.

So, when you look at my swing games, I show that Denver could win two additional games if everything went well, but could also lose 5 more if all went poorly.

So, I am going with:
    12-4 as most likely
    14-2 as best possible
    7-9 as worst possible

If you look at my best and worst possible being 7 to 14 wins, then the median or average (or whatever you mathematicians would tell me the right name is) would be 11, so I could go with 11-5, but will stick with 12-4.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

8-8. We'll be picking in the middle of the draft just missing out on a player we really could use on the team. We'll pick a player 15th or 16th who'll show signs of promise and the next year we'll sign a veteran to play his position and move the promising rookie out of position. (sarcasm)

I really hope I'm wrong.

7-9. Porous defense, and inconsistent offense led by an inexperienced QB means no playoffs. We can't stop the run and can't get pressure on the opposing QB. Not to mention special teams is still shaky overall. San Diego will run away with the division title.
    Last edited by Max Power; 08-26-2007 at 02:25 PM.

Probably 4-12, perhaps 6-10.

9-7 maybe 8-8 if they don't win the 1st game. Forgot my orangecolored glasses, but I hope they prove me wrong!

Losses to Jax, Indy, KC (Arrowhead), Tenn, Chicago, Oak (on their turf), SD (at Quallcomm) and Buffalo game is a toss up but I'll say a win.