Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: quinn vs cutler

quinn vs cutler

It is pretty sad that quinn played very well against our starters,meanwhile cutler looked shaky and impatient in the pocket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yea nd it doesnt help when You dont have T.H back in the backfield and the O-line is all allowing presure every pass down but 2.. o and if u look at its Cutlers 2 year in the West coast O.. and what Quinns 4th.

If that's the comparison of the 2 last night, then Cutler must be 2 or 3 x's better than Quinn in both potential and game management.

Quote Originally Posted by tpoz34 View Post
    yea nd it doesnt help when You dont have T.H back in the backfield and the O-line is all allowing presure every pass down but 2.. o and if u look at its Cutlers 2 year in the West coast O.. and what Quinns 4th.
    Cleveland doens't have the same type of offense that Notre Dame has so I'm not sure where you're going with that last statement.

I would take Cutler over Quinn any day of the week.Missing 2 OL and Travis Henry in the backfield makes a big difference.If some of the balls thrown would have been caught then Cutler automatically looke a whole lot better than Quinn IMO.

Quinn did look good

I'll probably get flamed for this.....

BUT.....

Is it just me or does Cutler seem to not have that passion of the game in him? Is it that he is just a calm person? I just don't see him getting excited too often.

I am really looking forward to seeing his progression over the next season, just something that struck me last night.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Quote Originally Posted by Giveemlove View Post

BUT.....

Is it just me or does Cutler seem to not have that passion of the game in him? Is it that he is just a calm person? I just don't see him getting excited too often.

I am really looking forward to seeing his progression over the next season, just something that struck me last night.
    i think hes just a very chilled out person, plus the fact that there has been nothing to get excited about so far,

it will come, i saw plenty of instinces last season when him and javon would hook up for a big game and then they'd do the jump spin thing into eachother, or after other big plays he had that excitement i love

im excited for regula season no more holding back shanny and jay!!
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Giveemlove View Post

BUT.....

that one thing that im really interested to see this year

cutler seemed to have the personality of a cool and collected individual but lacked the passion to show emotion

i see it as his personality and if it works for him great, more power to ya. he just seems like someone that doesnt show his emotions. (good or bad) is that going to make a difference on the field, who knows

i am torn with his whole lack of emotion thing

on one hand its nice to see him being calm and collected (by looks alone) he might be a raging bull inside but nowone can tell.

on the other side when i see him on the field and something doesnt go right i love seeing a qb go balistic on his team. it get me fired up just watching.

sig by B4B6..

Quote Originally Posted by lynchembaby View Post
    that one thing that im really interested to see this year

cutler seemed to have the personality of a cool and collected individual but lacked the passion to show emotion

i see it as his personality and if it works for him great, more power to ya. he just seems like someone that doesnt show his emotions. (good or bad) is that going to make a difference on the field, who knows

i am torn with his whole lack of emotion thing

on one hand its nice to see him being calm and collected (by looks alone) he might be a raging bull inside but nowone can tell.

on the other side when i see him on the field and something doesnt go right i love seeing a qb go balistic on his team. it get me fired up just watching.
    i think weve already seen what this calmness can do for him, he had what 2-3 drives to take the lead late in the fourth quarter which is really excited
    -------

Oh my god please don't' say we'd be better suited with Quinn as our quarterback. Jay is such a stud guys give him some time. He is going to be a terror for years to come yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    Oh my god please don't' say we'd be better suited with Quinn as our quarterback. Jay is such a stud guys give him some time. He is going to be a terror for years to come yet.

I agree......just give Cutler some time........2 or 3 years down the road, I think we will see Denver back in the playoffs.......hopefully getting back to the Superbowl.....will find out in about 2010 or 2011 or so.....JUST BE PATIENT PEOPLE!!!.........Hopefully then as he continues to learn, he will still be surrounded by good, talented players....time will tell.....
    My 3 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team who plays Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by broncophan View Post
    I agree......just give Cutler some time........2 or 3 years down the road, I think we will see Denver back in the playoffs.......hopefully getting back to the Superbowl.....will find out in about 2010 or 2011 or so.....JUST BE PATIENT PEOPLE!!!.........Hopefully then as he continues to learn, he will still be surrounded by good, talented players....time will tell.....
    2011 lol?

wow, by then, half your team will be retired lol

brady quinn is a solid Qb and should have a good pro career, but lets not get excited over 2 preseason games, cutler has way more "intangables" and i for one am exicted he is here, there is no one i would rather have right now

Thats what i noticed about cutler too, no passion. There is a difference between getting excited when you score a TD, and passion to play the game. I thought it would be a problem at first, but now I dont think it will. He's just a chill guy, i guess. At least he can make the throws he needs to. I just prefer players with passion, they care the most about winning.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    Thats what i noticed about cutler too, no passion. There is a difference between getting excited when you score a TD, and passion to play the game. I thought it would be a problem at first, but now I dont think it will. He's just a chill guy, i guess. At least he can make the throws he needs to. I just prefer players with passion, they care the most about winning.

I guess people will find whatever they can at fault with The Denver Broncos QB. You'd rather have the Phillip Rivers act on the Broncos?

What some call poised, others will call lack of passion.

Such is a day in the life of a Denver Broncos QB.....