Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: quinn vs cutler

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    just curious do like jay because he is a good football player or because "he is good looking".

football is not like boy bands
    I know that silly, but I can't help it if Jay has looks and an arm. I like watching him play ok. I have learned so much about football because of this and well, did you know that football is pretty damn cool. It's also real nice to be able to watch a good player versus what use to be the leader of the Broncos.
    But still, I stand by what I said about Cutler. He's better at football than Quinn.
    And there's not much separating me from the fairweather fans, except I'll still like the Broncos win or lose as long as Jay is there.
    Last edited by I_Only_Like_Jay; 08-26-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Ok, I think some of you took my post wrong. I am in no way a fairweather fan. In no way have I lost faith in Cutler, don't know how I could do that when just a couple weeks ago the 3rd jersey I've bought was a white CUTLER jersey. I don't even own my favorite players jersey, Gold. I believe in the kid, and I didn't say if he didn't have passion he was going to be terrible. I asked if he had it or he didn't.

I was simply asking others opinions. I stated in the original post that perhaps it is that he is just a calm person.

I even stated that I look forward to his progression throughout the season.

Keep the name calling to yourselves. Just give me your opinion without the nitpicking bs. I asked an opinion, people gave them. None are right, none are wrong....it's an OPINION!
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDs.d. View Post
    It is pretty sad that quinn played very well against our starters,meanwhile cutler looked shaky and impatient in the pocket.
    Yeah Quinn did play with alot of "Poise"
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Giveemlove View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this.....

BUT.....

Is it just me or does Cutler seem to not have that passion of the game in him? Is it that he is just a calm person? I just don't see him getting excited too often.

I am really looking forward to seeing his progression over the next season, just something that struck me last night.
    It sure appears that way.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BOLT-MAN View Post
    Its another thing when your 14-2... you deserve to be there...

Well maybe your team needs to start acting like they deserve to be there. How many playoff runs is it going to take the Chargers just to make it to the next round? If Rivers is so great why couldn't he propel your team to the AFC Championship game? Something that even Jake Plummer could do. Maybe your mad because your hypocrit team lost their best chance at the Super Bowl last year. See you at season's end....

BOLT-MAN Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Artamentous View Post
    Cutler is still throwing off his backfoot A LOT. Even when he isn't pressured. If he doesn't cut that **** out. He is gonna have a lot of ints
    Not just ints but also a horrible game entirely (example vs Browns pre-season)...
    (1st Qtr)
    1-10-DEN 20 (9:42) J.Cutler FUMBLES -2 yards
    2-12 DEN 18 (9:09) J.Cutler pass incomplete
    2-9 DEN (7:39) J.Cutler pass incomplete
    3-9 (7:35) J.Cutler pass INTERCEPTED
    3-1 (6:05) J.Cutler pass incomplete
    3-2 (4:02) J.Cutler pass incomplete
    (2nd Qtr)
    1-10 (11:16) J.Cutler pass incomplete
    (3rd Qtr)
    1-10 (14:53) J.Cutler sacked
    3-11 (13:48) J.Cutler pass incomplete
    3-1 (11:02) J.Cutler pass incomplete

Cutler opened all three quarters with either a fumble, incomplete pass, or sack. How pathetic.

BUT.....

Is it just me or does Cutler seem to not have that passion of the game in him? Is it that he is just a calm person? I just don't see him getting excited too often.

I am really looking forward to seeing his progression over the next season, just something that struck me last night.
    Oh, you mean like ..... Joe Montana.

WINS: @Buffalo, Oakland, Jacksonville, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, @Detroit, Tennessee, @Chicago, @Oakland, Kansas City, @Houston, Minnesota

LOSSES: @Indianapolis, @Kansas City, @San Diego

2007-08 Forecast: 13-3

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorebronco View Post
    To say Jay Cutler doesn't have passion for the game is heresy.

Let's just put it this way. A colleague of mine is a referee in the SEC (division one college football), and he told me about a certain game he reffed early in Cutler's career at Vanderbilt. He said that Cutler had talent, a rocket arm, very high intelligence, but that he was often too bold and impetuous. This one particular time he said that An offensive linemen and a defensive linemen were smack talking when the defensive linemen struck the offensive linemen on the helmet. It was on the sidelines after a play was dead because a runner had been run out of bounds. Jay goes running over to the two guys and knocks / tackles the Defensive linemen to the ground and proceeded to yell at him threatening him to ever talk smack to his offensive linemen again. Of course my friend confronted them both, but he didn't eject anyone because it occurred on the sidelines. He said it was humorous though in retrospect because he has never seen a QB so fired up or passionate about a teammate.

What you need to take away from this though is not that Jay is a hothead... early on at Vandy he made many mistakes and interceptions, never because he was dumb and couldn't read coverage, but always because he thought he could throw it fast / hard enough to beat the coverage. His coaches always stressed and demanded that he play with more poise, and focused energy. To think before he threw, to make calculated risks in a seconds time, and to focus on coverage and find weak spots, not try to beat the coverage in an disadvantageous situation.

His progression shows that he has learned and come a long way, its not that he doesn't care about his team or that he lacks "passion for the game", its that he knows that the second he loses focus is the second he'll make a hasty decision and pay the consequences for it. It was his passion that led him to compete in every drill he could in the combine, and to have interviews with as many teams that would sit down with him. While Young and Leinart were taking breaks, Jay was practicing for his next drill. He came out of no where on the draft boards and by all accounts was a top ten talent. When to start he wasn't even slated to go in the first round! His passion and work ethic is what led him to work so hard last pre season and during the regular season to become acclimated to the speed of the NFL. Thats how he looked so well for the most part when he took over as starter, he readied himself in case he would need to start in every single game.

I think its also worthy to be noted that Mike Shanahan has an eye for great QB's. He has certainly seen his fair share during his coaching days. If Cutler stood out so great to him that it was worth sacrificing enough to move up to get him at #11. He had Laurence Maroney pegged to be picked later and be a franchise RB for us, and we know how much Shanahan loves getting good rb's! Obviously Shanahan sees enough in Cutler to entrust the future of this franchise into his hands.

I think that accusing Jay Cutler of not being passionate is wholly undue. I think many posted their concern based on ignorance of not truly knowing Cutler, and so i hope that this post has somewhat help teach others a little about who Cutler really is and that he is in reality one of the most passionate and dedicated players on the team.

Go Jay, and Go Broncos!!!
    Very nice read, thanks.

WINS: @Buffalo, Oakland, Jacksonville, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, @Detroit, Tennessee, @Chicago, @Oakland, Kansas City, @Houston, Minnesota

LOSSES: @Indianapolis, @Kansas City, @San Diego

2007-08 Forecast: 13-3

I say VY, can you imagime VY and the Broncos line + running game wow

Not just ints but also a horrible game entirely (example vs Browns pre-season)...
    (1st Qtr)
    (2nd Qtr)
    (3rd Qtr)

Cutler opened all three quarters with either a fumble, incomplete pass, or sack. How pathetic.

coulda been this:
    Campbells Soup commercial:
    (1st Qtr)
    1-10-San 20 (9:42) P.Rivers drops the thick and chunky
    2-12 San 18 (9:09) P.Rivers sacked by D.Mcnabbs mom for -4 yard loss

Lmao we all know the only thing you bring to the forums is a bad case of herpes type A.

(1st Qtr)
    (2nd Qtr)
    (3rd Qtr)

Did he really do that bad? Geesh! I really need to watch the whole game. But it's only pre-season. As long as his regular games aren't like that we'll do fine.
    Jay's got it in him.

BOLT-MAN Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    coulda been this:
    Campbells Soup commercial:
    (1st Qtr)
    1-10-San 20 (9:42) P.Rivers drops the thick and chunky
    2-12 San 18 (9:09) P.Rivers sacked by D.Mcnabbs mom for -4 yard loss

Lmao we all know the only thing you bring to the forums is a bad case of herpes type A.
    This is not original. Can you do any better?

Comp 9, Att 16, 115 yds, 1 TD, 2 sacks, 1 fumble:

Comp 20, Att 29, 282 yds, 2 TD's, 0 sacks, 0 fumbles

Now which QB would you rather have leading your team? Its a no

BOLT-MAN Guest

BUT.....

Yea..your are 100% correct. Too bad because our QB is exactly the opposite...here's what I'm talkin' about....

Yea..your are 100% correct. Too bad because our QB is exactly the opposite...here's what I'm talkin' about....

how bout taking a trip over to the smack forum. I don't think I asked for info on your pretty boy. I am in the General Discussions on Broncos players section correct? We saw what happened to rivers at the end of the season. His stats went down. I'm not sold on him solely, honestly, if you have LT, Gates and that defense surrounding you, don't you think YOU could "look" pretty good?

Trolls belong in the Smack Forum......you really are looking like a troll. Going through a thread that is about Cutler and Quinn and injecting it with pretty boy Rivers. If Broncos cared to discuss him, we would have put him in the thread title, or someone else would have brought him up, so far you're the only one bringing him up.

And btw...that first pic... Rivers is looking at Norm like, oh hell, we're screwed.

And the second pic....looks like he's telling Gates....Thank you for making me look good!
    Ready for the friggen season already!