Ok Trotter signs/ what do we do with DJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

Ok Trotter signs/ what do we do with DJ?

Ok say we do sign Trotter, what then do we do with DJ Williams? Its obivious that he didnt care to play sam LB but out of good sportsmanship he made the move and didnt complain one bit.
    Its not his original position, just the simple fact that he had his best season as a rookie on the weak side says it all.

And if we're gonna move him again, why not move him back where he belongs and thrived so much.
    Im not hating on Ian Gold but as of the past two seasons he has been way under achieving especially with Williams on the roster because we all know he would accumilate alot more tackles than Gold.
    We are wasting his talent, I mean you wouldnt agree with benching Cutler in favor of bring Brian Griese back!

In almost every game ive seen in the past two years, I always see Gold missing tackles more that his counter parts.
    If anything I say we tsign trotter (if possible) trade Gold now while we can still get something for him (coughgregwesleycough) and move DJ back to the WSLB position.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-27-2007, 06:49 PM.
  • TXBRONC
    Captain
    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
    Ok say we do sign Trotter, what then do we do with DJ Williams? Its obivious that he didnt care to play sam LB but out of good sportsmanship he made the move and didnt complain one bit.
    Its not his original position, just the simple fact that he had his best season as a rookie on the weak side says it all.

And if we're gonna move him again, why not move him back where he belongs and thrived so much.
    Im not hating on Ian Gold but as of the past two seasons he has been way under achieving especially with Williams on the roster because we all know he would accumilate alot more tackles than Gold.
    We are wasting his talent, I mean you wouldnt agree with benching Cutler in favor of bring Brian Griese back!

In almost every game ive seen in the past two years, I always see Gold missing tackles more that his counter parts.
    If anything I say we tsign trotter (if possible) trade Gold now while we can still get something for him (coughgregwesleycough) and move DJ back to the WSLB position.
    Someone mentioned that if we did sign Trotter that he would be signed as a back up.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 08-27-2007, 07:13 PM.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
      some fans are just dumb
      • Mar 2007

i am praying to god that we dont bring in trotter . . . we just dont need him, and it could only be worse for DJ, hes working very hard and showed considerable improvement even just between this week vs last

it could end up like the plummer situation, we sign cutler and Jake freaks out and jsut cant get it done.

i say leave everything the way it is only bring in more 330+ lineman, i dont care if its a garbage man just put some pads on him and tell him to plug a hole and occupy blocker that way DJ will be able to slow the game down in his mind and make the plays we need him too

i like gold, not great but you cant have a roster filled with probowlers, sorry you just cant, an di like webster opposite gold

also the people are making a big deal about a lack of leadership in our locker room as another reason to bring in trotter . . . .players dont just all of a sudden become leaders they have to first earn the respect of teammates and coaches with their play. then they can tell other people what to do.

they also dont become leaders by the team bring in new leaders . . . .let them develop, thats the one problem i have with the broncos(i still love them but we dont seem to give players enough chances, especially the young ones, but i do see that changing this year we have a lot of youngins that NEED to step up)
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

• Max Power
        Banned User
        • Aug 2007

I saw this thread and thought we had actually signed Trotter.

Then I opened it and was disappointed.

Comment

• Sam_Z
          Banned User
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
          i am praying to god that we dont bring in trotter . . . we just dont need him, and it could only be worse for DJ, hes working very hard and showed considerable improvement even just between this week vs last

it could end up like the plummer situation, we sign cutler and Jake freaks out and jsut cant get it done.

i say leave everything the way it is only bring in more 330+ lineman, i dont care if its a garbage man just put some pads on him and tell him to plug a hole and occupy blocker that way DJ will be able to slow the game down in his mind and make the plays we need him too

i like gold, not great but you cant have a roster filled with probowlers, sorry you just cant, an di like webster opposite gold

also the people are making a big deal about a lack of leadership in our locker room as another reason to bring in trotter . . . .players dont just all of a sudden become leaders they have to first earn the respect of teammates and coaches with their play. then they can tell other people what to do.

they also dont become leaders by the team bring in new leaders . . . .let them develop, thats the one problem i have with the broncos(i still love them but we dont seem to give players enough chances, especially the young ones, but i do see that changing this year we have a lot of youngins that NEED to step up)
          Very good response
          As of right now Trotter could not help one bit if at all, he'd still have to master the play book and by some miracle he'd have to be the one calling the plays from the center of the field where everyone could hear, it just aint gonna happen.
          Also Im not dissing Gold I was just saying IF we brought Trotter in and made him the starter Id replace gold with DJ before sending him back to the strong side.

Comment

• Sam_Z
            Banned User
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
            I saw this thread and thought we had actually signed Trotter.

Then I opened it and was disappointed.
            If at first you dont succeed, lower your exspectations!

Comment

• Skywalker
              Jedi Knight
              • Jun 2005

Ok say we do sign Trotter, what then do we do with DJ Williams?
              Keep him at MLB and have Trotter as his backup
              sigpic

Comment

• ChampWJ
                to better days ahead....
                • Sep 2006

Wasn't there an article just a day or two about us not being interested in Trotter. I think the rumors about our interest in him have been confirmed to be untrue from everything I've read on the issue.

Comment

• Astrass
                  Special Teams
                  • Jan 2005

I feel oyu on this post. I loved DJ his rookie year. I think we should have left him in his natural spot. On the other side I think Gold is good enough to start where he is at. So given that I feel DJ should get his chance to man the middle as that is the anchor of that core. I believe in DJ as doe the coaching staff it seems. If DJ didn't show us how much talent he had his rookie year I'd be more worried. But he showed what he is capable of so I think he's earned a shot to shine.
                  sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

• TXBRONC
                    Captain
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                    Keep him at MLB and have Trotter as his backup
                    According to some other posts I've read in other places that seems to be what Denver is looking to do. However, if the guy has arthritic knees how effective could he be even a back up?
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• jhns
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post
                      Wasn't there an article just a day or two about us not being interested in Trotter. I think the rumors about our interest in him have been confirmed to be untrue from everything I've read on the issue.
                      The one I saw yesterday said that us and one other team are still interested in him but only as a backup. I think it said that he most likely won't sign anywhere if he can't get a starting job though.

Comment

• GoBroncos84
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Mar 2004

We do have a hole at the MLB position, but it isn't with the starter. Webster being our starting SAM now leaves a vacancy for DJ's backup. Trotter could fill that role if signed.

He would not start over DJ

Comment

• Skywalker
                          Jedi Knight
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
                          However, if the guy has arthritic knees how effective could he be even a back up?
                          All the more reason not to sign him
                          sigpic

Comment

• BroncoSexyDaddy
                            Football Immortal
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
                            According to some other posts I've read in other places that seems to be what Denver is looking to do. However, if the guy has arthritic knees how effective could he be even a back up?
                            I like to see how much range of motion Trotter has in those knees.Trotter could be an upgrade compared to all the sub par back up LBs we have.I dont trust any of those backups.

Comment

• NuggetFan
                              Practice Squad
                              • Jul 2005

I think we do nothing with DJ and Trot becomes the SLB.

Not that it matters as he probably won't be signed here.

Comment

Working...
                              X