Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Mike Bell is not getting cut.

Selvin Young had one good game against the Browns backups. Mike Bell is proven as a backup and short yardage/goal line back. This board is so full of bandwagon jumpers its ridiculous. Earlier in camp everyone was talking trash about Selvin falling over his own feet and no way he makes the team. Now, one decent game and Mike Bell is toast? I have no problem with Selvin, thought he looked decent the other nite... but i also keep things in perspective! Something many of you need help with because of all the conclusions you are jumping to in preseason about this team in general.

Maybe this year we'll have four running backs instead of five to seven tight ends. Nate Jackson and Stephen Alexander can go and that would allow us to keep an additional back, one of whom (Cecil) can double as a fullback if need be. I see no reason not to keep all of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoDoom View Post
    Selvin Young had one good game against the Browns backups. Mike Bell is proven as a backup and short yardage/goal line back. This board is so full of bandwagon jumpers its ridiculous. Earlier in camp everyone was talking trash about Selvin falling over his own feet and no way he makes the team. Now, one decent game and Mike Bell is toast? I have no problem with Selvin, thought he looked decent the other nite... but i also keep things in perspective! Something many of you need help with because of all the conclusions you are jumping to in preseason about this team in general.
    I agree with you... i think we'll see sapp go first. Some say we will keep him on the roster as a FB... but how many slots do you think we keep for FB's??? He was cut once and i think he is most likely to go if they unload a RB.

Also, there are plenty of threads talking about this, why start a whole new thread for it?

I've never been all that excited about mike Bell, and he hasn't done anything in camp or preseason to change my mind. The guy just doesn't impress me, and I'm not the only one on this board who feels that way. A lot of us saw promise in Selvin Young that we don't want to go to waste for the sake of a player we simply don't believe has what it takes. It isn't bandwagon jumping as you believe, since many of us were never on Mike Bell's bandwagon in the first place.

A lot of us have been saying that Mike Bell will be cut long before Selvin Youngs performance on Saturday. Sapp is more versatile than Bell and Young has more potential. I have a feeling that what we've seen in Mike Bell is all he'll ever be. I think he should and will go.

Oh and check the previous post about him being cut. People have been saying it for 3 weeks now.

Ultimately, Shanahan is going to pick the guy best suited to help the team, in spite of what you may think and if thats Young, too bad for Bell. There's really no loyalty. Theres an old saying that you cant make the team from the training room. Anything is possible. Most people are operating under the assumption that there will be 3 RBs, if thats so, someone out of Young, Sapp and Bell is SOL...and Bell has been injured plus we saw him last year. If its felt Young has greater upside, its very possible that we hang on to him.

Mike bell will be on the team.
    [SIZE="5"][CENTER][FONT="Times New Roman"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Go Broncos![/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Like i said before, i dont think Bell is going anywhere anytime soon, he will be the backup to Henry, but i do like Young enough to hope for him to at least make the practice squad.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSteele View Post
    Maybe this year we'll have four running backs instead of five to seven tight ends. Nate Jackson and Stephen Alexander can go and that would allow us to keep an additional back, one of whom (Cecil) can double as a fullback if need be. I see no reason not to keep all of these guys.

What I think that you are forgetting is that the tight ends were special teams players. Just like back-up linebackers they have the size and speed combination to fill the special teams units. Unless the RBs that you want to replace the TEs with play better than what the TEs did on special teams, our team would be worse for keeping extra backs. We don't need anyone else to hold the bench down on game day.
    RIP Cameron

Wh cares, why does it bother if ppl jump to conclusions? They arent gonna take your advice anyway.
    No offense but you should just worry about yourself and let posters state their thoughts.

Man Im so sick of these whiney threads where yall complain about the other posters point of views.

While I agree that a single preseason game is too little to make a judgement on Young, the coaches have a lot more to go on that we fans do. If they like Young's potential, there's no reason he couldn't take Bell's or Sapp's roster spot.

A certain back comes into camp as the designated backup, looks okay in camp but gets dinged up and misses some times giving other backs an opportunity to shine. And an undrafted rookie looks good in preseason, impresses the coaches, and wins the backup spot while the "proven backup" gets cut. Sound unlikely? That's exactly what happen last season when Bell took Dayne's spot.

I'm not saying Bell (or Sapp) will be cut in favor of Young. But I am saying it's a real possibility, if the coaches like him and are worried he won't clear waivers to be put on the practice squad.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

I like both back a lot, and when we signed each of them after their respective drafts I was ecstatic. I would like to see us keep both, but we generally do not keep 4 backs.

However, I can say without hesitation that Young was a much better player at Texas when he was healthy than Bell was at Arizona. Injuries are the only thing that have held Selvin back. He has more upside than Mike Bell, IMO. Bell has proven that he can play in the NFL and in this system. It will be an interesting cut day

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    While I agree that a single preseason game is too little to make a judgement on Young, the coaches have a lot more to go on that we fans do. If they like Young's potential, there's no reason he couldn't take Bell's or Sapp's roster spot.

A certain back comes into camp as the designated backup, looks okay in camp but gets dinged up and misses some times giving other backs an opportunity to shine. And an undrafted rookie looks good in preseason, impresses the coaches, and wins the backup spot while the "proven backup" gets cut. Sound unlikely? That's exactly what happen last season when Bell took Dayne's spot.

I'm not saying Bell (or Sapp) will be cut in favor of Young. But I am saying it's a real possibility, if the coaches like him and are worried he won't clear waivers to be put on the practice squad.
    Valid point. How ever, I would be more concerned about Bell,or Sapp clearing waivers. Dont know if sapp would even be eligible for ps, but I'm pretty sure that Bell is.

Nice job lumping everyone together. And not that I am a Selvin Young fan in particular but Mike Bell sucks. What did he prove last season? That he runs with no authority whatsoever and gets stood up on every other run (especially near the goal line). After Henry.. we have no one.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

The #2 running back wont be cut.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan