Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    Umm, every year someone says this about Kyle and every year our coach says that he is one of the best. In fact, ESPN had him ranked as the #6 fullback in the league. He is not going anywhere and no one is touching his roster spot. Why do you think we moved Sapp to RB anyways? It wasn't because his play at fullback was bad, it is because that is his only shot at making the team.
    We shall see - I guess we'll have to "Agree to Disagree" As for my opinion of ESPN's Rankings, on a scale of 1-10, I don't give fractions. Too many un-informed biased opinions make it a popularity contest instead a true ranking system. IMO KJ will still be cut due to salary cap and both Young and Bell will stay - I'm more than willing to give you credit if I'm proven wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tpoz34 View Post
    Young has more upside then Bell, Young is bigger and faster then Bell.
    Not to nitpick (ok, I am), but Bell is 6' and 225, Young is 5'11" and 207.

Young is faster, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think this is off the mark. Dayne wasn't better than Bell... AND he got hurt. If he didn't get hurt, there was still no guarantee that he would have been kept. Dayne wasn't anything special, and didn't have anything to brag about while in Houston. That run on Thanks Givingy Day was a good run.. but the BLOCKING was phenomenal on that play... that hole was HUGE. So to think that we should keep A over player B, when player B is just as good, but Player A is injured... makes NO sense.

Why didn't we cut Brandon Marshall when he was hurt? Because we knew he was starting quality. He's on the rise of his career when Dayne is on the major FALL of his.

There is no comparison.
    First of all, how do you know Bell was better than Dayne back then. You were basing this off what? Practice? Preseason? Werent you saying these times dont matter, especially to veterans?

But anyway, how did all the Mike Bell comparisons start? We coud have kept Dayne AND Bell, but we cut dayne in favor of cedric cobbs, THAT's what im talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    When Dayne was healthy he terrible in practice. Dayne had an ok year for the Texans. In part time duty M. Bell put number that were just good as Dayne's.
    Both of you misunderstood, it wasnt bell i was comparing dayne to, it was cobbs, what did cobbs do? Dayne was on the downside of his career, but in december last year when he became healthy he averaged 4.8 yards,and thats behind HOUSTON'S line.

Meanwhile what did Cedric Cobbs do?

http://www.nfl.com/players/rondayne/...06&season=2006
    http://www.nfl.com/players/cedriccob...e?id=COB744481

Dayne should have been kept over Cobbs, the same way Bell should be kept over Young, now that Bell is hurt, folks say he should be cut.
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 08-29-2007 at 10:53 AM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Madden 08

I am having better luck running the ball with Bell than I am with Henry. Not a real big Henry fan to begin with anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    Both of you misunderstood, it wasnt bell i was comparing dayne to, it was cobbs, what did cobbs do? Dayne was on the downside of his career, but in december last year when he became healthy he averaged 4.8 yards,and thats behind HOUSTON'S line.

Dayne should have been kept over Cobbs, the same way Bell should be kept over Young, now that Bell is hurt, folks say he should be cut.
    Lava, you do realize that Cobbs was kept as our 3rd back, right? Dayne wouldn't have put up the numbers he did as a 3rd back either. The #1 and #2 backs always get he lion's share of the carries. In fact, our #3 back was inactive for possibly every game last year. How well would Dayne have done had he been inactive every Sunday?

It's hard to compare a guy who got to start for a team with no other running backs versus a guy who was inactive every Sunday because he was #3 on our depth chart, just like Dayne would have been.

Now, if you're not saying we should have kept Dayne instead of either Bell, what's the problem? Dayne was older and cost a lot more money than either Cobbs or Nash. For a position that would see little playing time, I think it was wiser to go with a cheaper player with more upside. But maybe that's just me.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

First of all, how do you know Bell was better than Dayne back then. You were basing this off what? Practice? Preseason? Werent you saying these times dont matter, especially to veterans?

But anyway, how did all the Mike Bell comparisons start? We coud have kept Dayne AND Bell, but we cut dayne in favor of cedric cobbs, THAT's what im talking about.

Dayne averaged 4.1 yards per carry not 4.8 and as Jav pointed out he would have been our 3rd back and well he would have hardly suited up.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    Lava, you do realize that Cobbs was kept as our 3rd back, right? Dayne wouldn't have put up the numbers he did as a 3rd back either. The #1 and #2 backs always get he lion's share of the carries. In fact, our #3 back was inactive for possibly every game last year. How well would Dayne have done had he been inactive every Sunday?

It's hard to compare a guy who got to start for a team with no other running backs versus a guy who was inactive every Sunday because he was #3 on our depth chart, just like Dayne would have been.

Now, if you're not saying we should have kept Dayne instead of either Bell, what's the problem? Dayne was older and cost a lot more money than either Cobbs or Nash. For a position that would see little playing time, I think it was wiser to go with a cheaper player with more upside. But maybe that's just me.
    Not true, Damian Nash even got a fair share of carries what are you talking about? He was i believe the 5th RB we used behind tatum mike and cedric and i believe cecil. I felt it was unfair to cut dayne just because he was injured, he would have been a good fit for us.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Not true, Damian Nash even got a fair share of carries what are you talking about? He was i believe the 5th RB we used behind tatum mike and cedric and i believe cecil. I felt it was unfair to cut dayne just because he was injured, he would have been a good fit for us.

The only reason Nash saw any action last season was that T. Bell was out for four weeks.

I wouldn't call 18 carries getting his fair share.

Thanks Snk16

The only reason Nash saw any action last season was that T. Bell was out for four weeks.
    during that time i think we should have played mike alot more.
    BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

Dayne averaged 4.1 yards per carry not 4.8 and as Jav pointed out he would have been our 3rd back and well he would have hardly suited up.
    in december

I tried to warn ya.

in december
    dayne lol, he has had one good time in his life that was in december in last year down here, man he is bust
    BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

in december

One month out of four doesn't impress me.

Thanks Snk16

it impressed the texans though he was going to be starter if the did not get ahman
    BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

then why you defending cobb's 0 out of 4?

I tried to warn ya.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonianBroncoFan View Post
    it impressed the texans though he was going to be starter if the did not get ahman
    you mean.. it impressed them so much that they went out and GOT Ahman Green.