Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    then why you defending cobb's 0 out of 4?
    What? What I said wasn't a defense.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Not true, Damian Nash even got a fair share of carries what are you talking about? He was i believe the 5th RB we used behind tatum mike and cedric and i believe cecil. I felt it was unfair to cut dayne just because he was injured, he would have been a good fit for us.
    Yeah, after Cobbs sprained his ankle in week 2 he never got back into the mix as a Broncos running back (sort of like Dayne, eh?). Had Cobbs never been injured, Nash (R.I.P.) would probably never have been promoted from the practice squad. Nash got his carries thanks to injuries and didn't stay active for long. And Sapp was a fullback last year, not tailback.

Be it 3 carries or Nash's 18, there's still no comparison to Dayne being a starter for a lot of games in Houston.

Again, cheaper guys with upside versus a more expensive, aging, questionable talent guy in Dayne. If you want to complain about anything you should complain about cutting Mike Anderson. He was at least a proven starter, tough and a leader (although he was also aging and expensive).
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    Yeah, after Cobbs sprained his ankle in week 2 he never got back into the mix as a Broncos running back (sort of like Dayne, eh?). Had Cobbs never been injured, Nash (R.I.P.) would probably never have been promoted from the practice squad. Nash got his carries thanks to injuries and didn't stay active for long. And Sapp was a fullback last year, not tailback.

Be it 3 carries or Nash's 18, there's still no comparison to Dayne being a starter for a lot of games in Houston.

Again, cheaper guys with upside versus a more expensive, aging, questionable talent guy in Dayne. If you want to complain about anything you should complain about cutting Mike Anderson. He was at least a proven starter, tough and a leader (although he was also aging and expensive).
    I didnt like anderson as a RB...

The point I was making was that if Mike Bell is in jepordy of losing his job because he got injured, thats not fair. Bell has proved he can play, he gained weight to be more durable, still looks agile and quick cuts, he should make the team injury or not.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Are people keeping this topic alive just incase Mike Bell does get cut so the TC can eat a giant plate of crow?

Just wondering...

Because I am (even though I think he wont).

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

I didn't like Anderson as a RB...

The point I was making was that if Mike Bell is in jeopardy of losing his job because he got injured, that's not fair. Bell has proved he can play, he gained weight to be more durable, still looks agile and quick cuts, he should make the team injury or not.

It happens and it not only in Denver that players get cut because of injury.

Thanks Snk16

I didnt like anderson as a RB...

The point I was making was that if Mike Bell is in jepordy of losing his job because he got injured, thats not fair. Bell has proved he can play, he gained weight to be more durable, still looks agile and quick cuts, he should make the team injury or not.
    First off, the coaches won't cut Bell just because he was injured. It's the opportunity his injury gave the other backs that allowed them to make the most of their opportunity.

You don't have to tell me what Bell's attribute are. The coaches have seen him for two training camps, preaseasons, offseasons and an entire regular season so they know what he's capable of. So if they deem one of the other backs has more upside, Bell could lose his job, not directly from his injury but indirectly because it allowed others to shine.

Listen, I like Mike. But he's not so established that another running back can't come along and take his job. Mike won his job last year despite being an undrafted rookie. What is it so hard to imagine that Young could do the same just one year later?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It happens and it not only in Denver that players get cut because of injury.
    well its still dumb. like jav said, last year cobbs got injured 2 weeks into the season, so whats the difference? If you're good before you're injured, you'll be good when you return
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

well its still dumb. like jav said, last year cobbs got injured 2 weeks into the season, so whats the difference? If you're good before you're injured, you'll be good when you return
    Well the flip side of that is Olandis Gary getting injured and Mike Anderson having almost 1500 yards. We ended up holding on to Mike Anderson. I dont see what relevance any of this prior stuff has to do with today. Its always a case-by-case basis...and if Young can offer more as a RB and you also have a RB in Sapp with similar strenghths, nothing is unfathomable.

Hellooooooo. You can't help the team if you are injured. We are limited to a 53 man roster. Its a business. If you need that roster spot to put someone else, and don't have time to 'wait ' for that person to heal up... then it makes a LOT more sense to send you on your way.

Dayne wasn't much better than Cobbs. our third stringer.. but was costing a lot more. DOesn't make sense to keep him. He proved he wasn't worth the money....he lost his job because he showed he wasn't worth the money.... period. If a player is worth the money, they get to stay on the team despite having an injury. If they aren't worth the money, they get cut. Dayne wasn't worth it.

It doesn't matter if its dumb or not.

At any rate, Jav has also pointed out that Mike wouldn't lose his job directly to injury. If they feel that Young is a better fit with more upside then that's the guy you keep. You also should keep in mind there is only 53 spots on the roster.

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Hellooooooo. You can't help the team if you are injured. We are limited to a 53 man roster. Its a business. If you need that roster spot to put someone else, and don't have time to 'wait ' for that person to heal up... then it makes a LOT more sense to send you on your way.

Dayne wasn't much better than Cobbs. our third stringer.. but was costing a lot more. DOesn't make sense to keep him. He proved he wasn't worth the money....he lost his job because he showed he wasn't worth the money.... period. If a player is worth the money, they get to stay on the team despite having an injury. If they aren't worth the money, they get cut. Dayne wasn't worth it.
    well i thought last season that mike would be starting this season, but now that he is not i think he could mabey play 3rd down back.
    BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    What I think that you are forgetting is that the tight ends were special teams players. Just like back-up linebackers they have the size and speed combination to fill the special teams units. Unless the RBs that you want to replace the TEs with play better than what the TEs did on special teams, our team would be worse for keeping extra backs. We don't need anyone else to hold the bench down on game day.
    ya know dean, i think you are pretty much right on there. however, while i was reading your post i could not help thinking of the best bronco rb ever, and where he came from. i think the first real thing he ever did in the nfl was to light up a returner on a punt, or maybe it was a kick. never the less, it was sweet. as far as this thread, im not overly concerned about the issue. i mean, i think it will be bell, but if not oh well. im just glad we have henry, cause hes a gonna rip it up.
    [IMG]http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2815/smith49sig4wy.jpg[/IMG]

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

how much playing time you guys think each back will get this season
    BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

Quote Originally Posted by slickdonkey7 View Post
    Cecil's name shouldn't be in the discussion. It comes down to Bell or Young.
    The only real impressive time for Mike Bell in my eyes was the Colts game last year, and he had gaping holes to run through in that game. I'd like to see us keep Selvin for the speed factor and the upside. Does anybody really think that Bell or Young would get snagged on the waiver wire? I don't.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cecil and Johnson in the backfield together in certain situations this year.

That being said, maybe I should "get a clue"
    The 8 tds 677 yards and 4.3 avg didn't impress you? By the way you do realize he scored the second most TDs 1 behind Walker for your team last year. All this being done as a nondrafted free agent. I'd say there was quite a bit to be impressed by.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Here! View Post
    The 8 tds 677 yards and 4.3 avg didn't impress you? By the way you do realize he scored the second most TDs 1 behind Walker for your team last year. All this being done as a nondrafted free agent. I'd say there was quite a bit to be impressed by.
    You have your opinion, I have mine.......