Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Image from the article I discussed in my previous post

cp for you cugel, i like the premis of this thread. my list would have to look like this:

1.the D has to dominate on 3rd downs. its by far been our weak spot, but if they can play like they have, but stop the opposition on 3rd down. well, the rest is ovious.

2. the O has got to put up points. i think if the O averages around the 24ppg mark, we will have a shot to win a lot of games.

3. the special teams, especially the punt and kick off coverage has got to be solid. its been a while since out special teams have realy dominated to any degree.

4. we have to be able to finish games. what i mean by that is that the O has to be able to pick up those last 1st downs to run out the clock. that was a breaking point for them last year as we witnessed a few tough losses by last second scores. most of wich could have been prevented the easy way, ya know, by our O smashing the ball forward for a fist down to run the clock out.

5.we gots to go injury free, its allready been said, but its a valid point.

6. someone has to send me some free lower bowl tickets so i can go to another game. just wishfull thinkin'.

im sure my list is a repeat of others, or just me pointing out the obvious, but hey, i do what i can.
    Last edited by Smith49; 08-29-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    [IMG]http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2815/smith49sig4wy.jpg[/IMG]

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

i firmly believe, if we make it to the superbowl, and score more points than our opponent, this should drastically help us win the superbowl. in act i'm sure we'd be a lock.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
    i firmly believe, if we make it to the superbowl, and score more points than our opponent, this should drastically help us win the superbowl. in act i'm sure we'd be a lock.
    hey, i think you may have figered out the key to success there ninja.
    [IMG]http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2815/smith49sig4wy.jpg[/IMG]

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

and I will now quote a favorite song title of mine, from the Minus the Bear debut EP:

"Hey! Is that a Ninja up there?"

a ninja with a new bar of CP!

wazam!

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Quote Originally Posted by Danzler88 View Post
    If Peyton Manning's arm fell off we'd have a better shot.
    All we have to do for that is to sign Bill Romo out of retirement and blitz blitz blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishConrad View Post
    Two things....and these things will make for a great 2007-2008 football season.

A solid running attack-and I'm talking top 10 running attack. Sure Cutler can sling the ball, but he's still young and need a good running game to work out of the pocket on play action. This need to be an offense that wears opponents D's down with long sustained drives. I hope for many second and short/ third and short/ scenarios.

A solid pass rush- Pressure on the QB and playing on the opposing teams side of the ball. We have the best corner-back duo in the league and pressure on the QB means turnovers and sacks. Lots of those and we have a top tier AFC team.
    I actually totally agree with this. I agree more though with the pass rush. If we get a pass rush, and can be consistent with our run defense, the whole team will be better. I am not worries as much about our offense. Defensive line is the key to a SB.....
    "I don't think it's 'Tebow Time'; I just think it's 'Bronco Time"
    Tim Tebow

romo would punch his arm right out of the socket and then use the arm to beat his other arm, just incase

1. Majority of key players uninjured
    2. Don't play perfect; just make plays at the right time

As long as our starters don't have any serious injuries coming into and during the regular season and playoffs, we'll be fine. Aside from learning a new defensive scheme, which I'm pretty confident we'll be pretty good real soon, the only thing impeding progress are injuries.

Who could predict that Javon, Rod, the 2 Brandons, Travis, Mike, Tony, and to some extent, Jay would have some sort of injury. Of the key ones, only Graham and Sapp haven't gotten injured. That's 8 out of 10 of our major skill possition players affected by injuries. That's a ridiculously high number of injuries before the season's even started, and that's just the skill possitions on offense. It doesn't even take into account the offensive line, or the defense, which have also taken some hits.

Also, I don't believe that Jay has to play perfect, error-free quarterbacking; nor does our defense need to be dominating. I don't even think we have to play perfect football (no team ever does). We just need to make enough of the big plays at the right time per game. We can mess up in some parts of the game, but if we come up big at the right moments, we win.

WINS: @Buffalo, Oakland, Jacksonville, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, @Detroit, Tennessee, @Chicago, @Oakland, Kansas City, @Houston, Minnesota

LOSSES: @Indianapolis, @Kansas City, @San Diego

2007-08 Forecast: 13-3

Quote Originally Posted by Danzler88 View Post
    If Peyton Manning's arm fell off we'd have a better shot.
    That, plus:

LT decides for early retirement after 3 weeks into the season.

The offense is going to need to pull through this year. It should be a lot better than last year...and hopefully it will be because this, too, will help the defense in turn. I think some people are overreacting a little bit over the preseason. My concern is that there are people Im not comfortable with that are starters. But I also think the responsibility that people are placing on Cutler is a little overstated. Cutler needs to present a threat to the defense probably more than he needs to carry the load statistically.

None

The Broncos have ZERO chance of making the Super Bowl...which is a good thing. I never want to see them go and lose one again....if we go, we have to be prepared to win it all.

Clearly, this team has no chance of doing that this year.

2007 is a rebuilding year, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    The Broncos have ZERO chance of making the Super Bowl...which is a good thing. I never want to see them go and lose one again....if we go, we have to be prepared to win it all.

Clearly, this team has no chance of doing that this year.

2007 is a rebuilding year, plain and simple.
    No chance is a reach. Down the stretch last year Dener averaged 28 pts a game with Cutler. If Denver can consistently score around 30, anything is possible.

Great thread.

1) Injuries: Can't have any. This team is lacking in depth at a lot of positions already, names OL, DL, and WR. We get any serious injuries to any position...we are going to have a rough time. This team is already going to have a struggle to make the playoffs with the starters in.. with the back-ups it will be nearly impossible.

2) Just like Brady, Cutler has to play above his years: We don't need perfection from him, obviously. We just need him to play consistant adn NOT turn the ball over. If he can keep the turnovers down to a minimum, then we know his arm has what it takes to get the job done.

3) Turnovers: Every year, the top 5-6 teams in the playoffs are the SAME teams that lead the league in the turnover battle. If we are a top team on the turnover differential then we go to the playoffs. Once in the playoffs, there is NOTHING more important than hanging onto the ball.

4) DT: No surprise here. If they are able to do their job, then I feel confident our LBs will be able to do theirs. We know that we have a new starting LB, but in order for him to excel, its going to start HERE. THey don't do their job, its only going to make it that much harder on an inexperienced MLB.

5) Pass Rush: There is No way we can rely on the blitz again to get pressure on the QB, and we can't let the QBs just sit back there all day and pick our defensive backfield apart. We get any kind of resemblance of a pass rush this season, and we have the talent to cause the turnovers... (back to number 2 on this list). Thats going to be huge. We can't have a strong run defense only to watch their passing attack beat us on third down.

6) Special teams: All phases of the game is important. Not only do we need some big plays by keeping the opposing return game to nill. We need Todd to keep the team pinned inside the 10 OFTEN. Then, we need to actually have a big play from time to time on the return game. I don't know if we've seen this from Denver since..... well......... forever.