Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Would you still be a Denver Bronco's fan if...

...Jay Cutler does not pan out and in 2010 we sign Michael Vick (after he's out of jail and assuming the NFL allows him to come back) to be our starting QB???????

They were talking about something of this nature on ESPN First Take this morning and thought it would be interesting to see what all of the Broncos faithful thought. Obviously this is a hypothetical question but hey, lets have some fun with it.

For me I would have to say I would be. By no means do I like Michael Vick or condone(sp) the things he has done, but if Shanny and Bolen believe he would help our team get back to the promise land I would be all for it. As long as Lenord Little was allowed to play again in the NFL after he killed a woman while drunk driving, why should Vick not be allowed to himself and try to contribute to a team?

Of course I would be. While I don't condone what Vick did either, I think he deserves a second chance. I would hope that we would never be in a position to need him though.

A drunk driver doesn't think it's ok to kill somebody.

I think all drunk drivers should be jailed and never allowed to drive a car again, killing somebody and not killing somebody is just a matter of luck in those cases.

That said.. thinking it's A-Ok to torture dogs and kill them in the manner that was done in this dog fighting case, shows a basic flaw in character. That's not something you can fix. You can only hide it.

Vick may learn to disguise his nature, but he isn't going to be changed. He is now and always will be a scumbag.
    [CENTER][iMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7987/siggy17iv.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=Linksman;1918155]A drunk driver doesn't think it's ok to kill somebody.

I think all drunk drivers should be jailed and never allowed to drive a car again, killing somebody and not killing somebody is just a matter of luck in those cases.QUOTE]

I agree with what you are saying and I agree with what you said about Vick, BUT a drunk driver knows there is a possibility of killing someone when they decide to drive after drinking even if they think it's ok or not.

Right

I agree.. but the drunk driver doesn't set out to hurt somebody. Every drunk driver out there thinks they are in control and won't get in any accidents.

I really think drunks should be jailed more than happens these days, we are partly to blame for letting them have 5, 6 and even more DUI arrests and still be out there driving.

The difference for me is intent. Vick did what he did on purpose and evidently for fun.
    [CENTER][iMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7987/siggy17iv.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

I don't think that the Broncos could afford Michael Vick, in more ways than one. Besides, I bet that Pat Bowlen would end the Broncos before he signed him. He'd be better off on the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
    I don't think that the Broncos could afford Michael Vick, in more ways than one. Besides, I bet that Pat Bowlen would end the Broncos before he signed him. He'd be better off on the Bengals.
    Hah, the Bengals are the LAST team that would sign him!

Quote Originally Posted by Scheffler88 View Post
    As long as Lenord Little was allowed to play again in the NFL after he killed a woman while drunk driving, why should Vick not be allowed to himself and try to contribute to a team?
    Roger Goodell wasn't the commissioner at the time Little had his incident. It's hard to say if he would be in the league if Goodell was the one making the decision. In no way should Goodell be made to base his decisions on what happened before he was commissioner. If Tagliabue were still in charge, I find it hard to believe that Chris Henry and Adam Jones would have been suspended. I'm sure Vick would have been allowed to attend training camp and play in the preseason while dealing with his legal troubles.

I would still be a Bronco fan if Vick somehow became the QB, but I'm confident that won't happen.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Hah, the Bengals are the LAST team that would sign him!
    But they've become the Cincinnati Felons. He'd be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Scheffler88 View Post
    ...Jay Cutler does not pan out and in 2010 we sign Michael Vick (after he's out of jail and assuming the NFL allows him to come back) to be our starting QB???????

They were talking about something of this nature on ESPN First Take this morning and thought it would be interesting to see what all of the Broncos faithful thought. Obviously this is a hypothetical question but hey, lets have some fun with it.

For me I would have to say I would be. By no means do I like Michael Vick or condone(sp) the things he has done, but if Shanny and Bolen believe he would help our team get back to the promise land I would be all for it. As long as Lenord Little was allowed to play again in the NFL after he killed a woman while drunk driving, why should Vick not be allowed to himself and try to contribute to a team?
    no i would not i hate vick, i love dogs
    BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

i would become an even bigger bronco fan and would buy his jersey immedietly

so is an alcoholic a danger if he hides it and doesn't drive cars???

Is a sex offender a danger if he hides it by not molesting or assaulting anyone?

Is someone that can murder a human being a danger if he hides it by not committing murder?

If someone is able to 'hide' their sicknesses... are they sick?

I don't think we w ould like for Mike to be a QB anyway. Now... a PR or a slot receiver.... YES!

But yes.. I would still be a Bronco fan. I may not speak proudly of the hiring of Vick, but I would still wear the Blue and orange.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonianBroncoFan View Post
    but that wasn't the question

Quote Originally Posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
    how do you know what our cap situation, the cap space, or the salary he could actually get??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HoustonianBroncoFan

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    but that wasn't the question
    Yes, that was the question. HoustonianBroncoFan is saying that he wouldn't be a Bronco fan if Vick became the Broncos' QB. His reason is that he hates Vick and loves dogs.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!