Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Harbula View Post
    Tned, I tried to respond to both your e-mails on Friday and my messages came back repeatedly as undeliverable. Many thanks for your input.
    Thanks for the heads up on the emails. Not sure what might have happened, but I will check on it.

The new redesign is sharp. Like many, I really like the quotes and links to posts on this forum, I think that was a great idea.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

The Broncos homepage looks GREAT
    http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/787...sigxwaaea9.jpg

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

I hope the recent changes to DenverBroncos.com provide a little better perspective on the design changes here.

Last year, DenverBroncos.com, BroncosCountry.com and these boards all had a distinctly different look and feel. We decided early in the offseason that everything at least needed to clearly be part of the same overall "family," with the boards and BC.com in particular coming much closer together as being our two main social/interactive/community sites.

Now it should be obvious to anyone visiting the three that they are all official sites of the team. The readability/usability issues here are a different matter and still being worked on, but it didn't make sense for our team boards to look nothing like our content and social networking sites.

The look really does work on those new "unofficial" boards, though.

I hope the recent changes to DenverBroncos.com provide a little better perspective on the design changes here.

Last year, DenverBroncos.com, BroncosCountry.com and these boards all had a distinctly different look and feel. We decided early in the offseason that everything at least needed to clearly be part of the same overall "family," with the boards and BC.com in particular coming much closer together as being our two main social/interactive/community sites.

Now it should be obvious to anyone visiting the three that they are all official sites of the team. The readability/usability issues here are a different matter and still being worked on, but it didn't make sense for our team boards to look nothing like our content and social networking sites.

Readability aside (I have to take other members' word for it)...

I think it's brilliant... I love the linked posts on the main page. It's like the early days of the CP system all over again... incentive to make a good post and be rewarded for it.

(no, I'm not just sucking up to get my name on the front page lol)
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

I truly think it's got to do with the fact that everyone's SO used to the dark, now the light just throws everyone off.

I think the white background should be kept for default, as new users would probably not find any problem with it.

But as for everyone else, I really think we just need to have a different option for the background to have a blue alternate.

Somewhere in the Edit Options section of the profile, there can be a section for background color.

The default would be the white, so that any guest would see the sites were together, and then if a member wanted to switch, they could change it for their computer.

But the Denverbroncos.com home page looks GREAT.
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I truly think it's got to do with the fact that everyone's SO used to the dark, now the light just throws everyone off.
    I think that is part of it, but not all. Most major boards, even if they are going for a clean, white look, opt for a light grey instead of white.

If you look at this post in the "Do you like the new white backgroung?" thread (and the post that follows it), you will see what I mean. I have a screen shot of a site that uses grey (and a larger font) and you can see how much easier it is to read. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ad#post1890585

The concept behind the unified 'brand' look and feel is a good one, but black on white, with dark blue/nearly black borders creates a white that is nearly neon or glowing.

It might be possible to leave the general branding (maybe lose the -----> ads ) look, but transition from white just inside the blue to Dark blue gradiated border, and then have that gradiate to a grey, and then have the area under the text as a grey color.

Not sure if that description made sense.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Here you go. This is VERY crude, as webpage design is not my forte (my only forte is excruciatingly long posts ). However, it gives you an idea of how grey could be incorporated with a slightly different font and size to make text much more readable.

That is this page of posts, with the final post in it (my post above), modified with a grey area underneath the main text of the post. That is a fairly light grey, a 'slightly' darker grey and better font would make it even more readable.

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/blue_white_grey.htm

Here is a clip of that page. Now, to do a proper design, and fit it in with the branded look, the area between the thin real dark blue border and where the grey starts would either have to be a gradiant white that slowly turns grey, and then full grey under the text, or something like a white border with a grey texture, which would also make the transition.

That might be a case of "have your cake and eat it too" where the overall branding stays, but the posts are also more readable.

Looking at the image below, you can see how much more readable it is, but if you compare the size of my sig in the pic and this actual post, you will see that the relative size is the same. It is just a different font (style and size) and a grey background. In its current form, it isn't pretty, but as indicated above, people that know what they are doing (unlike me) with web/graphic design could take the concept and blend it into the Broncos Country branding.

Last edited by tnedator; 09-02-2007 at 02:45 PM.

The front page looks great when I can get it to load, I'm having to wait 15-20 minutes at least each tim I go to the hompage, I can see the links at the bottom and the menu down the left, but for the main stories - nothing for about 20 mins

I don't think it's a problem with my internet because every other site I have been on in the last couple of days has loaded within a few seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1709 View Post
    The front page looks great when I can get it to load, I'm having to wait 15-20 minutes at least each tim I go to the hompage, I can see the links at the bottom and the menu down the left, but for the main stories - nothing for about 20 mins

I don't think it's a problem with my internet because every other site I have been on in the last couple of days has loaded within a few seconds
    It might help Steve and his staff if you do a couple things:

Go to www.speakeasy.net/speedtest and run a speed test and post the results.

Post the type/version of browser you are using.
    Make sure you have the latest verions of flash (9 I think).

I agree I love the new front page

I'm having the same issue, the front page takes forever to load and I'm talking atleast an hour or more if at all. Go to any other NFL teams site, no issues. Nor issues with the last broncos format. Sigh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VADER72 View Post
    I'm having the same issue, the front page takes forever to load and I'm talking atleast an hour or more if at all. Go to any other NFL teams site, no issues. Nor issues with the last broncos format. Sigh!!!!
    Did you download the latest version of flash?

What type of internet connection to you have? Dialup or broadband?

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Here you go. This is VERY crude, as webpage design is not my forte (my only forte is excruciatingly long posts ). However, it gives you an idea of how grey could be incorporated with a slightly different font and size to make text much more readable.

That is this page of posts, with the final post in it (my post above), modified with a grey area underneath the main text of the post. That is a fairly light grey, a 'slightly' darker grey and better font would make it even more readable.

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/blue_white_grey.htm

Here is a clip of that page. Now, to do a proper design, and fit it in with the branded look, the area between the thin real dark blue border and where the grey starts would either have to be a gradiant white that slowly turns grey, and then full grey under the text, or something like a white border with a grey texture, which would also make the transition.

That might be a case of "have your cake and eat it too" where the overall branding stays, but the posts are also more readable.

Looking at the image below, you can see how much more readable it is, but if you compare the size of my sig in the pic and this actual post, you will see that the relative size is the same. It is just a different font (style and size) and a grey background. In its current form, it isn't pretty, but as indicated above, people that know what they are doing (unlike me) with web/graphic design could take the concept and blend it into the Broncos Country branding.

Much more readable.

You win.
    Administrator

Much more readable.

You win.
    Hopefully, eventually we will ALL win, since that's what it is all about.

I like it much better than the old one. Great job.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey