Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 137
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    The difference between me and most of you is this:

    When Kyle Johnson was on the team, everybody liked him and would defend him cause he was a bronco

    Now that he is cut, yall turn on him cause he is not. I've defend many players from all you vicious posters, lol most notably Jake Plummer, Quentin Griffin, Ashley Lelie and now Kyle Johnson
    I still like him. Just because he was quit, doesn't mean I'm disliking him. My problem with your statements are that you feel you somehow know more than the coaches, and they are just 'dumb fools for now seeing how important he is to the team.' As if you have spent ONE MINUTE in the locker room, on the practice field, in the film room, or in the weight room with any of them.

    Kyle seems like a great guy. But the point is that the coaches know more about the talent, the team chemistry, and whats needed than you do.... yet you wish to "we don't deserve to win the SB now" (which ironically, is exactly what we WOULD deserver considering thats what making personnel decisions are about). I'm wondering... will you be the first in line to say you don't want the trophy, if we win it, because KJ isn't on the team? Come on.

    I said the exact same things to the poster that started the thread, when he was so adamant about how "we better resign" him stuff. Its silly to assume you know more than the coaches do.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Albq,NM
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    The difference between me and most of you is this:

    When Kyle Johnson was on the team, everybody liked him and would defend him cause he was a bronco

    Now that he is cut, yall turn on him cause he is not. I've defend many players from all you vicious posters, lol most notably Jake Plummer, Quentin Griffin, Ashley Lelie and now Kyle Johnson
    I do not thinkg anyone is turining on him. It is point counter point. You have poster as yoursleves calling for OMG this team is mean to players, why did we cut KJ; where as other are trying to show that there is a reason for Johnson being cut and it was not out of no where!

    So to say we are jumping all over him makes no sense. 2 different opinions, just becuase some of us do not think it is the end of the world for the Broncos locker room/run game does not mean that we are trashing and or turning on KJ!
    http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2...nmelo01fc3.jpg Thanks WhiteDragon!

    Colorado Rockies Fan From The Begining
    Go Lobos! CFB: New Mexico Bowl Champs! MBB: (22-7, 9-5)
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
    #180
    #211
    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I still like him. Just because he was quit, doesn't mean I'm disliking him. My problem with your statements are that you feel you somehow know more than the coaches, and they are just 'dumb fools for now seeing how important he is to the team.' As if you have spent ONE MINUTE in the locker room, on the practice field, in the film room, or in the weight room with any of them.

    Kyle seems like a great guy. But the point is that the coaches know more about the talent, the team chemistry, and whats needed than you do.... yet you wish to "we don't deserve to win the SB now" (which ironically, is exactly what we WOULD deserver considering thats what making personnel decisions are about). I'm wondering... will you be the first in line to say you don't want the trophy, if we win it, because KJ isn't on the team? Come on.

    I said the exact same things to the poster that started the thread, when he was so adamant about how "we better resign" him stuff. Its silly to assume you know more than the coaches do.
    I agree with you Ravage,Johnson was a good lockerroom presense and good as far as interviews were concerned but he lacked a certain spark to me.Im not gonna bad mouth him cause he helped the broncos win games, just gonna trust the coaches on this one.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Westminster
    Posts
    95

    Kj

    Best of luck Kyle. You will be missed.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    111
    I like how a topic about a Fullback being cut turned into another angry topic.

    Sports Fans + Message Boards = disaster sometimes.

    Oh well, best of luck to KJ wherever he ends up, which will probably be back here. Ha.
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]"I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
    "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
    "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

    - Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005
    [/COLOR]



    [COLOR=SlateGray]- I adopted CECIL SAPP[/COLOR]

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    HR, CO
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubs_323 View Post
    I like how a topic about a Fullback being cut turned into another angry topic.

    Sports Fans + Message Boards = disaster sometimes.

    Oh well, best of luck to KJ wherever he ends up, which will probably be back here. Ha.
    It actually shows you how under-rated the FB position is and Im glad people realize this, so Sports Fans + Message boards aren't that bad of a thing...

    You have guys like Lorzeno Neal and Tony Richardson who have long careers blocking for studs behind them and nobody really appreciates them, so the FB IS VERY IMPORTANT!
    fight Cu dOwn the fieLd..cu must win.. fight fight fOr VictoRy..cu knows no defeAt! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shoulDer to shOulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by broncofan303 View Post
    It actually shows you how under-rated the FB position is and Im glad people realize this, so Sports Fans + Message boards aren't that bad of a thing...

    You have guys like Lorzeno Neal and Tony Richardson who have long careers blocking for studs behind them and nobody really appreciates them, so the FB IS VERY IMPORTANT!
    I agree that fullbacks are important, but I just find it silly that we can get all up in arms over the position. Oh well, rock on!
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]"I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
    "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
    "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

    - Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005
    [/COLOR]



    [COLOR=SlateGray]- I adopted CECIL SAPP[/COLOR]

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    Of course I've disagreed. I disagree with THIS decision. But I don't flatter myself into thinking I somehow know better than the coaches.

    "we dont even deserve to win the superbowl now"

    Because they did what they thought was best for the team? Yeah, you've gotta be extreme alright.

    Aren't you the one that endorsed cutting Rod Smith not too long ago? Where's your loyalty to him? He's given far more to the team than has Johnson and is far more important to team "chemistry" than KJ. Well, if the Broncos decided to cut Smith I would be far more disappointed than I am with KJ and yet I would still assume the coaches were doing what was best for the team. Yet I'm not sure you'd bat an eye over Smith's departure much less be upset like you are over KJ.

    Kyle Johnson's release is disappointing to me but no need for all the overreaction.
    Yes I endorsed cutting Rod Smith before last year because he was getting older and less productive for the amount of money he was getting (like 5 mil?), and what exactly did he do last year? Now this year he is hurt and will be out for the better half of the season! This is totally different KJ cant cost that much I just read an article explaning how KJ plays the cheapest position on a team or something like that, and he does his job very well anyway. Rod's time is over, it was over 2 years ago. He still can make catches, of course, but what do we really expect out of rod this year. Its kinda sad but he is staying around too long imo. He is 37 coming off major hip surgery and we have plenty young talented WR's.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

    I tried to warn ya.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I still like him. Just because he was quit, doesn't mean I'm disliking him. My problem with your statements are that you feel you somehow know more than the coaches, and they are just 'dumb fools for now seeing how important he is to the team.' As if you have spent ONE MINUTE in the locker room, on the practice field, in the film room, or in the weight room with any of them.

    Kyle seems like a great guy. But the point is that the coaches know more about the talent, the team chemistry, and whats needed than you do.... yet you wish to "we don't deserve to win the SB now" (which ironically, is exactly what we WOULD deserver considering thats what making personnel decisions are about). I'm wondering... will you be the first in line to say you don't want the trophy, if we win it, because KJ isn't on the team? Come on.

    I said the exact same things to the poster that started the thread, when he was so adamant about how "we better resign" him stuff. Its silly to assume you know more than the coaches do.
    Of course if we win the trophy I'll take it and enjoy it, but if our future FB drops a pass in the end zone at any time, whoever it is, everybody here will be like KJ never drops that pass.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

    I tried to warn ya.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    1/2 mile west of mile high stadium
    Posts
    59
    For all the peeps dumping on the FB in the west coast scheme and their relative un importance in the west coast scheme, and yada yada yada.

    You are all Dead wrong. I present my case in a player that never, ever, got the respect he deserved but was an integral part indeed in the SB runs Denver had. Howard Griffith. He opened up holes for td well, caught well, and blocked supremely well. Without him a very key role in our offense would have been exposed.

    I dont know why the broncos havent gone after another top tier FB such as that since Griffith.

    What about roger craig in San francisco? The list goes on...
    Last edited by Exxon; 09-02-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    [IMG]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l15/broncosphotos/_Adoption/Abdullah-Exxon.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l15/broncosphotos/_Adoption/Adams-Exxon.jpg[/IMG]

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    43
    This shouldn't be surprising to anyone ....

    Johnson was cut before, and I am sure he will be cut again ... wherever he lands. Johnson was a charasmatic indiviual, unfortunately charisma does not always translate to the field, especially if you are not contributing on special teams.

    I have personally grown fond of Kyle's impersonations of other broncos, my favorite being his spot on rendition of Shannon Sharp. KJ as an individual will be missed, however that has nothing to do with business. Shanny felt after some evaluation that is was time for KJ and the Broncos to part ways in the best interest of all involved. This may well yield positive results, to coin a cliche ... you can't make an omelet without cutting Kyle Johnson

    Love, Peace & Donkey Grease

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gooding Idaho
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxon View Post
    For all the peeps dumping on the FB in the west coast scheme and their relative un importance in the west coast scheme, and yada yada yada.

    You are all Dead wrong. I present my case in a player that never, ever, got the respect he deserved but was an integral part indeed in the SB runs Denver had. Howard Griffith. He opened up holes for td well, caught well, and blocked supremely well. Without him a very key role in our offense would have been exposed.

    I dont know why the broncos havent gone after another top tier FB such as that since Griffith.

    What about roger craig in San francisco? The list goes on...


    Roger Graig?

    You mean Tom Rathman?

    Surely your not saying CJ is as good as Tom Rathman was?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    4,456
    Last season, Kyle was nconsistent and ifyou don't step up, you get cut. Simple enough.
    I'm on Twitter!

    Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

    2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,962
    Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    Roger Graig?

    You mean Tom Rathman?

    Surely your not saying CJ is as good as Tom Rathman was?
    No.. he's pointing out the importance of the fullback to the offensive scheme... not comparing talent.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    Of course if we win the trophy I'll take it and enjoy it, but if our future FB drops a pass in the end zone at any time, whoever it is, everybody here will be like KJ never drops that pass.
    you mean like he did last year? You mean like they say about any receiver that drops a pass and compares him to McCaffrey, or if the QB misses a come back and compares him to Elway? Thats the nature of the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •