Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Are people actually HAPPY with this game?

I hated it, we werent sharp at all. Especially the red zone problems STILL continue, how long before the coaching staff address that? 15-14 vs the bills? I didnt like it.

I was happy about the run game coming alive in the second half, but the Cecil Sapp replacing Kyle Johnson at FB seems so very dumb. Was it really that much fun watching Sapp run for 1 or 3 yards a few times?

I like the pass game as well. Stokely will make a nice slot option imo. Dumervil I believe will stand out this year, the int was a bonus. We had more yards than I thought we did this game.

Goalline Offense is still needing work, did I already say that.

On defense I dont think we will survive unless we get creative and innovative and demonstrative and contemplative and original. I dont like hearing "Bates Scheme" he should have no set scheme why cant he adjust and throw in new schemes?

Just kind of jumbling my post-game thoughts together.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

I'll let the coaches worry about all that stuff, I'm just happy about the win.

I'm just happy we won. We did very well IMO except in 3 departments and in this order:

1: Red Zone Offense
    2: Special Teams
    3: Tackling

All three were horrible today.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

DUDE WE ROCKED THE OFFENSE AND DEFENSE PLAYED GREAT (only 7 points and what 45 passing yards and less than 200 total yards) We had over 400 offensive yards.......who could be upset with that? Check my other thread...its the special teams that almost cost us the game, without the screwups its a 21-7 game.

We were the superior team we just had some trouble areas (I think those 3 areas above covered it). But we got the W. So yes, I am VERY happy about this game and very encouraged for this season.

We finally have the weapons to gain the yards but we still need work on finishing off the plays with scores. I'll admit I'm pretty damn happy right now since we didn't go out with a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Very nice response and I agree!

Talking Agree a little

I'm happy about the win, not extrimely happy about the playing. It was the first game of the season. I think now is the time to let the team settle down from the pre-season crap, and get together as a team and let them bring things together.

Give it a chance.

Ike

an issue we have had for the last couple seasons in ST's. They were just horrible yet again.

But the offense and defense played exactly how they should have. Its a win, I will take 1-0 and be very happy for the rest of the day.

I guess you missed the crushing blocks by cecil Sapp to spring Henry for big runs. I liked Kyle Johnson, but never saw pancake blocks like Sapp did today.

VERY happy about the win. Sure, there are things to work on. Henry looked real good. Cutler needs to settle down a bit. Heck, this is only his 6th NFL start. D needs tighten up against the run. It will come together.

I'm happy with the win of course, but I also know there are way better teams out there we have to beat in order to win the superbowl. i dont think we can settle for a mediocre win, we have to focus on how to get better
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

I thought it was a great game. Defense was excellent except for the missed tackles. Less than 200 total yards and 7 points allowed. I will take that every single day.

Special teams and stalling inside the 40 yard line was our real problem.

To answer your question:

Abso-Freaking-Lutely

Wins are hard to come by in this league... We've seen how this could have turned out the last 2 years-- sure we're not where we need to be, but it's week 1.

Despite shooting ourselves in the foot repeatedly, we were able to move the ball on offense and Champ and Dre looked great on D. The glass if half full over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I concur!