Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jay Cutler / In the lead (Merged)

1. J. Cutler, DEN, 304
    2. T. Brady, NE, 297
    3. P. Manning, IND, 288
    4. M. Schaub, HOU, 225
    5. J. Campbell, WAS, 222

At the moment, he has the most passing yards in the league..

Quote Originally Posted by Combo1985 View Post
    1. J. Cutler, DEN, 304
    2. T. Brady, NE, 297
    3. P. Manning, IND, 288
    4. M. Schaub, HOU, 225
    5. J. Campbell, WAS, 222

I think Cutler will be amazing. the Raiders are probably kicking them self's hard, MUAHAHAHAHA.

Nice.

I didn't know that.

Props to Jay on a pretty good game and being clutch when we needed him.

Cutler had a good day today. A few mistakes but it happens will all young QBs but he got the job done in the clutch and put up some good numbers. I'm very happy.
    [IMG]http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CALI11612110238_thumbnail.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/65x90/7232.jpg[/IMG] RIP Darrent Williams
    You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

He made some Jake Plummer-esque bone head mistakes. That backwards pass comes to mind.

It's the snap that messes him up, I understood being thrown into that offense in the middle of last season might have caused a lot of that juggling the ball from center but he is still having issues with that. If you watch, every down he barely pulls that ball up with the skin of his finger tips, very very scary. I hate to be negative on this very positive thread, but since we are on the topic of Cutler I thought I would throw it out there, is anyone else seeing this? Gratz to Jay on his great pull through and leading the league in passing yards so far.

Also, Travis Henry has the second most rushing yards and Javon has the fourth most receiving yards.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

Quote Originally Posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
    It's the snap that messes him up, I understood being thrown into that offense in the middle of last season might have caused a lot of that juggling the ball from center but he is still having issues with that. If you watch, every down he barely pulls that ball up with the skin of his finger tips, very very scary. I hate to be negative on this very positive thread, but since we are on the topic of Cutler I thought I would throw it out there, is anyone else seeing this? Gratz to Jay on his great pull through and leading the league in passing yards so far.
    Well, in fairness (and keep in mind I love Tom Nalen), most of the snaps (especially in shotgun) were at his knees or lower. That's a problem with the center - not the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Well, in fairness (and keep in mind I love Tom Nalen), most of the snaps (especially in shotgun) were at his knees or lower. That's a problem with the center - not the QB.
    Oh I have never once thought it was Jay's fault, I am just really suprised that they haven't made adjustments and worked this issue out, Jay had to fall on that ball a lot last year and his interception today was caused by it as well.

Those last two drives, aside from that backwards pass to Young, were amazing. That's what people should focus on, because it won us that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Combo1985 View Post
    1. J. Cutler, DEN, 304
    2. T. Brady, NE, 297
    3. P. Manning, IND, 288
    4. M. Schaub, HOU, 225
    5. J. Campbell, WAS, 222

I'm sure my supervisor who love the Patriots (and Red Socks) will hate seeing that my QB did better than his, at least with this.

Jay played pretty well, remember he is still a young guy!! He did make some jake mistake, but what i like is he made up for them!! that is not jake like!! I think travis is gonna make the difference for jay, now they know travis can kill a team and once people are afraid of him it will open things up for our receivers and I cant remember when we had this many receiving threats!! late 90's since we have seen this!!

well that 4th quarter comeback sure as hell looked really really Elway-esque....not a bad trademark for the kid to have...especially if it ends up producing Super Bowl winning results in the future.

but he does have much to work on. im very pleased by his progress.

Haha, Jay scared me soo much in the last 2 minutes that I was standing up while watching the game. I'm just happy that Selvin Young batted the ball out of bounds. But great day both rushing and throwing the ball today. I would have like more production out of Jay and throwing ball, but everything went well in the end. Game was closer than it should have been. Some plays he looked brilliant like a vet, others he looked like a rookie. But that was expected. With one game behind him now, hopefully he can settle down and start getting us some TD's instead of FG's.

Quote Originally Posted by ttejuco View Post
    He made some Jake Plummer-esque bone head mistakes. That backwards pass comes to mind.
    I think it's sort of ironic that Plummer could play like this and fans would be screaming for his release. Jay does it and people can easily keep the mistakes in perspective with the win. To be fair, that's what's to be expected from a 6th game "rookie" as compaired to a 8th season vet.

Cutler showed the kind of qualities Shanahan has been looking for in a QB since Elway. But he also showed he still has a lot to learn.

Great game. Bring on the Raiders!!!