Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Cutler played brilliantly today. He made some misteaks, in terms of rushing his throw, getting too excited, but that's expected for a QB of his NFL experience.

To future games of 500 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Yeah, I think Cutler played pretty well today. Needs to get rid of those bonehead mistakes, and our offense needs to get better in the redzone. But didn't that snap seem consistently low today? I sure hope they work on that so we don't have those problems next game.

Quote Originally Posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
    I'm just happy that Selvin Young batted the ball out of bounds.
    Selvin Young gets a game ball for that...

You can just see the potential that Cutler has, but there is also much room for growth. Nalen needs to get better at shotgun snaps (duh), but those are gonna be part of the game.
    But for bringing the team back, getting in line for the final field goal, props to him. Not bad for his REAL first game. (he played in 5 "pre-season" games last year from weeks 13-17, as far as I'm concerned.)
    Somebody pressure the QB!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Jedi View Post
    I think it's sort of ironic that Plummer could play like this and fans would be screaming for his release. Jay does it and people can easily keep the mistakes in perspective with the win. To be fair, that's what's to be expected from a 6th game "rookie" as compaired to a 8th season vet.

Cutler showed the kind of qualities Shanahan has been looking for in a QB since Elway. But he also showed he still has a lot to learn.

Great game. Bring on the Raiders!!!
    true but i truley believe that if that was jake in there we would have lost that game . . . . and as you said hes a 6th game starter and a second year players,

but jake also had what 5 Turnovers last year in the opener . . . im mighty happy with only 2 from jay
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    true but i truley believe that if that was jake in there we would have lost that game . . . . and as you said hes a 6th game starter and a second year players,

but jake also had what 5 Turnovers last year in the opener . . . im mighty happy with only 2 from jay
    There was only 1 turnover today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Jedi View Post
    I think it's sort of ironic that Plummer could play like this and fans would be screaming for his release. Jay does it and people can easily keep the mistakes in perspective with the win. To be fair, that's what's to be expected from a 6th game "rookie" as compaired to a 8th season vet.

Cutler showed the kind of qualities Shanahan has been looking for in a QB since Elway. But he also showed he still has a lot to learn.

Great game. Bring on the Raiders!!!
    I agree. I think he has that gunslinger mentality, ability, and confidence. His accuracy will improve as will his field awareness as the season wears on. review early play of the great gunslingers, like Farve & Elway and he's on par. I would bet that by season's end he'll "Be ya huckleberry!"
    #swapping

Hate to break it to everyone, but Jay's no longer #1 this week. Who is it who surpassed him?

Josh McCown. The powerhouse QB of the Oakland Raiders (who I'm surprised is even playing, and I'll be even more amazed if he plays next week as the starter).

So one game stats don't mean much.

For myself, I like Cutler. I think he has a ton of talent, and will be here a long time, making good plays. Showed some good stuff on a lot of throws. But he needs to learn when he can force a play and get something and when he needs to just throw the ball out of bounds. As soon as he learns when to throw the ball away I think he'll become a much much better QB.

Still for all the scary plays, and the throws that were a bit high or low or outside today or off the back foot or across the body, when the screws were tight and the clock was ticking, he made the drive happen and got us in range for the win. Good stuff, that, and a positive sign for all of us Bronco fans.

Jay showed so much poise in the pocket, and he is pretty mobile too. Aside from the season-opener butterfly in the stomach type mistakes, I think he did fantastic! Here's to next week!

and our offense needs to get better in the redzone.
    Didn't we only make it to the red-zone twice? and 1 for 2 ain't so bad...I think you mean "We need to get better at finishing drives w/ TD's, not 5 field goal attempts".

Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsnv View Post
    Selvin Young gets a game ball for that...

You can just see the potential that Cutler has, but there is also much room for growth. Nalen needs to get better at shotgun snaps (duh), but those are gonna be part of the game.
    But for bringing the team back, getting in line for the final field goal, props to him. Not bad for his REAL first game. (he played in 5 "pre-season" games last year from weeks 13-17, as far as I'm concerned.)
    Agreed, Selvin Young and Mike Leach get free meals from the rest of the team this week. In Young's case, what a smart, vetran-type play. Bravo.

Cutler in the Lead!

Did anyone else notice that Cutler has thus far thrown for more yards in the season than any other QB?

Walker is 4 in receiving, Henry is 2 for Rushing, and Henry also boasts the highest average ypc of any starting runningback...oh, and Dumervil is tied for number 1 in INTs!

I liked what I saw today from cutler aside from a few mixtakes. Of course there's gonna be some mistakes made, but in those last 2 minutes I didn't have one single doubt that cutler could get us down field. It was mentioned in an earlier post that cutler still has room for growth and that's true. That also makes me very excited. He's the number one qb in the league right now and he can still get better?? That's awesome! My only complaint about today is problems we've had for a while now, special teams and redzone off. Go broncos!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [B]Bring back orange in 2011!!![/B]

Could've sworn McCown had 307 or something like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    Could've sworn McCown had 307 or something like that.....
    Yea he had like 314 or something on 40 attempts.

That will go down next week.