Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stokley Looking Good at #3/Slot, However, Graham?

Nice to see Stokley making some key catches out there today, 3 grabs 65 for yards. Anyway, I know Graham had one drive saving catch on 3rd down, however, should we expect more out of the league's highest paid TE?(3 catches 24 yards) I realize this is only the first game and too early to judge, but couldn't Scheffler do that? Dont get me wrong im a Graham fan, but im just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartley View Post
    Nice to see Stokley making some key catches out there today, 3 grabs 65 for yards. Anyway, I know Graham had one drive saving catch on 3rd down, however, should we expect more out of the league's highest paid TE?(3 catches 24 yards) I realize this is only the first game and too early to judge, but couldn't Scheffler do that? Dont get me wrong im a Graham fan, but im just sayin'.
    You are just saying that our running back averaged more then 6 yards a carry? Cause I figured that was what you were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsx3 View Post
    You are just saying that our running back averaged more then 6 yards a carry? Cause I figured that was what you were saying.
    Correlation or causation?

That would be an average of 8 yards a catch for Graham.

Pretty damn good...and if I remember correctly he was only thrown to 3 times...so, maybe he should get thrown to more? then make the judgment!

We didn't make him the highest paid TE to be Antonio Gates. We're paying him to be a magical 6th offensive lineman that can catch the ball

If you watch some of Henrys good runs you will see Graham making some VERY solid blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    That would be an average of 8 yards a catch for Graham.

Pretty damn good...and if I remember correctly he was only thrown to 3 times...so, maybe he should get thrown to more? then make the judgment!
    Yeah i agree, and who knows what will happen next week. Im just saying he is making an awful lot of money.

I'm sure there will be some games where he has more catches, and some where he has less. It's just one game. Not a big deal.

Tony Gonzalez is the league's highest paid tight end.

He is doing exactly what we are paying him to do, and expect him to do.

He's fine we have receiver's all over the field that gives jay options to throw to. i like to see him spread the ball around. i think it helps the o tremendously
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Yeah i agree, and who knows what will happen next week. Im just saying he is making an awful lot of money.
    I thought they should have thrown to him more. I think they tried to force too much to Walker. I think they need to use Graham to loosen up the defense for both the run and the pass. But its kind of hard to complain when you can hit guys farther downfield like Cutler can. I think theyll make it a point to throw to Graham more at some point. Today was kind of a weird game.

3 catches a game average is 48 in a season. I would take that and Graham would also. His blocking is the key. Pass catching ability is secondary, but he will have some big catches this year by virtue of the fact that he will lull teams into complacency with his run blocking, then pop out into the middle of the field for a wide open catch.

I also saw him play alot in college back when he played at CU, he can really get down the field.

Once we start running 2 TE sets.....having Marshall and Walker on the sides, run a play action and hopefully have both Scheff and Graham healthy....watch out guys

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    I also saw him play alot in college back when he played at CU, he can really get down the field.

Once we start running 2 TE sets.....having Marshall and Walker on the sides, run a play action and hopefully have both Scheff and Graham healthy....watch out guys
    Thats what im hoping for aswell.

Anyway, what did Scheffler do get on Shanny's bad side? #4 TE, whats the verdict here?

Thats what im hoping for aswell.

Anyway, what did Scheffler do get on Shanny's bad side? #4 TE, whats the verdict here?
    Pretty sure he's hurt.

Considering Heimerdinger thinks Graham can catch 55 passes this year, I would say that he's off to a good start. I would like to see him increase his yards per reception average, but 8 yards per catch isn't bad.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!