Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shanny's Playcalling

Did anyone find the playcalling yesterday to be solid and inspired? IMO Shanahan called a great game yesterday, and not only that, had his team prepared and disciplined. I think the Broncos only committed 3-4 pentalties all game, don't hold me to that number though.

Some calls I was impressed by:
    - The OPTION. Never saw this one coming. (I don't encourage running it all the time, but 1 or 2 times a game would throw off the defense)
    - Cutler's run on 4th and 2. After the play I thought [Guinness voice] "Brilliant!"
    - The last second FG attempt. Shanny made the right call, and prepared his FG unit accordingly. I fully beleive that a lesser coach in the same situation would've let time expire. Awesome time management and execution by the Broncos on that last drive.

Early on Shanny was a little stubborn with passing on every down, but when crunch time arrived and we were in serious danger of losing the game, we went to our bread and butter and let Henry pound the rock (successfully).

It seems Shanny isn't afraid of mixing up the playbook and taking gambles this year. With a gunslinger at quarterback, I wouldn't either. I'm looking forward to what "The Mastermind" has in store for the Broncos offense in 2007 and beyond.

I think he did a great job too. I didn't like all the shovel passes though...

I thought the playcalling was decent but once again we got stopped in the redzone/the opposing team's side of the field too often. With a first down inside the ten, there's no reason not to score a TD, not with the talent we have on the roster. With all the yards the offense racked up (450+), only getting one TD is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I thought the playcalling was decent but once again we got stopped in the redzone/the opposing team's side of the field too often. With a first down inside the ten, there's no reason not to score a TD, not with the talent we have on the roster. With all the yards the offense racked up (450+), only getting one TD is not acceptable.
    Yeah I hated how we kept trying to run it in when our running game was struggling so much in the 1st quarter.

Good play calling, some good wrinkles added.

Needs to lose the shovel pass.

Gets an A for the calls on the final drive including having the field goal team ready to on the last play.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Shanny's The Man!!! He is the best coach in football hands down and we are lucky to have him as our coach.

Quote Originally Posted by mxbronco13 View Post
    I think he did a great job too. I didn't like all the shovel passes though...
    Yeah I thouht those were probally not the best calls but who would have thought the option.

Yes, he really...

...demonstrated why he is one of the best to ever coach the game. Every game has it's awkward play that probably would have worked any other time than the time it was used, but overall I give him a two thumbs up based on making the call at the end of the game. Sometimes you just gotta go for it and some of those times recently hadn't worked out to well but ya gotta love the result of this one.
    Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

He is the best coach in the NFL. He protected Jay by his play calling, and when things were getting tough Shanny just kept running the ball and those two screens were called at the perfect time.

Lets be real. The play calling was more of a Defensive move then the usual offensive. Seems like Shanny was trying to protect more then attack. I dont like that at all. Did he make some great calls? Sure he did. But he also did some very foolish calls considering the game was so close and the Special Teams were struggling. Some of you people here are such Homers we sound like GULP "Raider Fan" it kills me man LOL. I love the Bronco's as much or more then all of you, but please call a "Spade a Spade".... We were lucky to win and Shanny needs to stop messing around and start attacking Defenses like he used too, and run the rock and go back to the naked Bootlegs!!!

Just my opinion
    thanks
    [IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/uofm626/americanbronco8fl4vk.jpg[/IMG]

No... don't LOSE the shovel pass.... work on the shovel pass and lets get the kinks worked out. The shovel pass is a great play.. and one that will work good with our offense.

I DO know soemthing else that needs to be worked on..... NALEN'S shotgun snaps!! They were CONSTANTLY wayyyy too low, and the INT thrown was because Cutler paniced on that timing route after having to dig deep for a bad shotgun snap. They were constantly below Cutler's knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostdawg View Post
    Lets be real. The play calling was more of a Defensive move then the usual offensive. Seems like Shanny was trying to protect more then attack. I dont like that at all. Did he make some great calls? Sure he did. But he also did some very foolish calls considering the game was so close and the Special Teams were struggling. Some of you people here are such Homers we sound like GULP "Raider Fan" it kills me man LOL. I love the Bronco's as much or more then all of you, but please call a "Spade a Spade".... We were lucky to win and Shanny needs to stop messing around and start attacking Defenses like he used too, and run the rock and go back to the naked Bootlegs!!!

Just my opinion
    thanks
    We were lucky to come out a win, but we gave them a ST TD, and missed 2 FGs. The 'normal' game doesn't give up a punt return for a TD, and Normally Elam doesn't miss those.

Denver's problem in the Red Zone is directly correlated with our continued problems on Special Teams and our defense's inabilty to get a turnover behind the 50-yard-line. You can't expect a team to consistently drive 80 yards or more down field every time the offense gets the ball and score a touchdown once they get it down to the 20. Denver has to get a shorter field to work with on offense, and whether it's done by improving our Special Teams or by having our defense increase it's turnover volume, it has to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    We were lucky to come out a win, but we gave them a ST TD, and missed 2 FGs. The 'normal' game doesn't give up a punt return for a TD, and Normally Elam doesn't miss those.

We were so lucky to win that game. Our Special Teams always stink, they have stunk for the last 20 years. Elam is gonna miss a FG here and there so we need to make sure that his Miss does not matter. I gave them a B- for the game overall. Our playcalling needs to go back to where teams adjust to us, not us adjusting to there "D".. I was dissappointed in the game, but im glad we won and hope we pound Oakland!
    [IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/uofm626/americanbronco8fl4vk.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Denver's problem in the Red Zone is directly correlated with our continued problems on Special Teams and our defense's inabilty to get a turnover behind the 50-yard-line. You can't expect a team to consistently drive 80 yards or more down field every time the offense gets the ball and score a touchdown once they get it down to the 20. Denver has to get a shorter field to work with on offense, and whether it's done by improving our Special Teams or by having our defense increase it's turnover volume, it has to be done.

THANK YOU!!! My point exactly! See at least a few in here are seeing it for what it really is! thanks bro!