Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

#1 Total Defense; #2 Total Offense

Week one stats:

Denver Broncos #1 total defense #2 total offense

Not a bad start.......

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=6][COLOR=Blue][CENTER]LOOKING FORWARD TO THE COMING SEASON!![/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE] [/FONT] [CENTER][/CENTER]

schaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeet!~
    [CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy] [/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrange]GO[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]BRONCOS[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange]!!!![/COLOR][/CENTER][/B]

and we didnt even look that great....
    [FONT=Times New Roman]If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton [/FONT]

Well we should keep the offense thing ok. We're going to play the Raiders this week and the Jags next week.

Then we'll go play Indy and San Diego and fall to seventh or eighth.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    I love the optimiscticness in you.

But I think our Defense will do great vs the Jags and Raiders.

and Our offense will score between 21-30 in those games while our Defense gives up between 3-13.

And for the Colts and Charger game I think we will score between 17-26 and give up between 13-30.

I hope we shut both them teams down and were 5-0 in a month.

Being #2 for total offense is great, unfortunately the guys couldn't finish a drive and put the ball in the end zone. I'd rather see our guys at #2 for scoring offense than total. Just a couple of chinks to work out and I think our boys can get there.

Well we should keep the offense thing ok. We're going to play the Raiders this week and the Jags next week.

I don't know though.. This team seems to do amazing under pressure. + Jay will have a few more games practice up his sleeves , the team on a whole will have more practice together.

It appeared to me that the Bill's didn't even begin to challenge our D so we have no idea how good they might be. we just know that they are pretty good minimum.

Great start, even though we didn't finish our drives well. Let's keep it up this week against Oakland, boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Deltagbear View Post
    and we didnt even look that great....
    youre the exact type of fan we DONT need, yet have too many of.

What I loved was how balanced our offense was, running and passing.

If we wanted to pass, we dropped back and passed. In some ways it helped open up our running game rather then vice versa; which I loved.

I still think Indy and San Diego would still be the favorites against us, but man if we could split those 2 games.... especially with San Diego at home.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

I'm not expecting those number week in and week out - but boy oh boy, the numbers put up even when the team played pretty sloppy are very impressive!

There are some areas that need to be worked on and in need of improvement, but the team of the future looks like they could be very, very good.

we should have scored at least 9 more points if not 17! we were in scoring range three times (one pick, two missed field goals). And one of our field goals should have been a touchdown. So a 32-14 victory would've looked better on paper and for the media to respect us, but all in all I hope we go into Indy 3-0 and an underdog. I think the offense will be solid all year but the D will get tested, hopefully we pass

Kaylored please tell me you dont think indy and the chargers are that good.

2 very different teams from last year. Expact denver to put up great numbers and make critical stops in INDY then back home with the CHARGERS.

Quote Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    youre the exact type of fan we DONT need, yet have too many of.
    I took it as him saying that we looked bad and still put up great numbers, so when we get things going and improve our play, imagine the numbers we will put up.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

I agree. However, we had alot of issues on strech and sweep plays, especially at the begining of the game. I don't know if the Bills defense was extra fast or if we had trouble locking our blocks on the edge. Also, although they only attacked our defense this way for one series, the Bills strech and sweep plays were killing us. I hope other teams don't pick up on this. Lynch had huge holes to run through, not that we were successful at tackleing anyway. His yards after contact were rediculous. First game though and it'll all get worked out. Go Broncos!!!