Thread: The Option Play

The Option Play

Where has it gone, I saw quite a few times against the Jgs where it could've worker 4th and 1 anyone?

im with you mate....saw parts of the game on espn in aussie land and i saw a couple of times they could of used it... and that was just in the highlights

The option is rarely used in the NFL because the corners are too fast, they'll take down the running back and the safety or linebacker will come and take out the QB. It only works when the other team hasn't prepared for it in a while.

That's a play we could run well and gets some yards with... but I don't mind seeing it.. I'm not so much a fan of Jay taking shots.

The NFL doesn't run as much option since the players are smarter and more athletic then in college.

The odd one doesn't hurt, especially since we got the O-line for it.

Having a true option at the pro level is difficult. You may think it's a great play, but really it's one of the riskiest plays in football.

As people have mentioned, NFL is too fast for the option.
    [URL="http://www.broncoscountry.com/search-citizens/search-results/view-citizen/53023"]My Bronco Blog[/URL]

The option is a cool play to run every other blue moon, but it's a good way to get your QB whacked hard. And it is risky.......but it was cool to see!!