Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clutch QB's

Clutch QB's

In today's game which NFL qb would you want with ball with two minutes left and down by four , two timeouts left and stuck at your own 12.

I'm not talking about who has the strongest arm, fastest legs or IQ 0f 180.
    We are talking money players that will almost will thier teams to victory.
    In our past we have seen elway do it countless of times. Marino and montana were known for it too. Staubauch for the 70"s cowboys always found ways to win.

I like jay cutler's poise in the pocket and it looks like he has it in him. Vince has tha knack for doing it too but these guys are babies in the game and we'll have to seem them in crucial playoff games to see if they blowup or just melt.

As of right now Tom Brady is 1st with peyton right behind him. can't forget favre either.

again this is not about numbers and stats . which qb would you want to win you agame with everything is on the line?
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by bklynbronco View Post
    In today's game which NFL qb would you want with ball with two minutes left and down by four , two timeouts left and stuck at your own 12.

I'm not talking about who has the strongest arm, fastest legs or IQ 0f 180.
    We are talking money players that will almost will thier teams to victory.
    In our past we have seen elway do it countless of times. Marino and montana were known for it too. Staubauch for the 70"s cowboys always found ways to win.

I like jay cutler's poise in the pocket and it looks like he has it in him. Vince has tha knack for doing it too but these guys are babies in the game and we'll have to seem them in crucial playoff games to see if they blowup or just melt.

As of right now Tom Brady is 1st with peyton right behind him. can't forget favre either.

again this is not about numbers and stats . which qb would you want to win you agame with everything is on the line?
    Peyton Manning!!

<- Ready for the salute
    Cutler if TE's start holding on clutch perfect passes

1 Peyton Manning
    2 Tom Brady
    3 Carson Palmer
    4 Ben Roetlisberger
    5 Jake Plummer

Quote Originally Posted by Broncomania96 View Post
    1 Peyton Manning
    2 Tom Brady
    3 Carson Palmer
    4 Ben Roetlisberger
    5 Jake Plummer
    Still holding on to jake huh?
    Let's try Qb's that are still in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynbronco View Post
    Still holding on to jake huh?
    Let's try Qb's that are still in the league.
    Er, to his credit he's had around 20 or so 4th quarter comebacks. I think it's a perfectly decent suggestion.

Manning's a pretty good option too.

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Peyton does real good but Tom Brady must the No 1 this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by muse View Post
    Er, to his credit he's had around 20 or so 4th quarter comebacks. I think it's a perfectly decent suggestion.

Manning's a pretty good option too.
    I think i made myself pretty clear. Jake retired. he's not playing as of this moment. if i wanted someone who wasn't playing i believe everybody here would say elway, montana or marino. Not a hard question.
    someone who is playing actively.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncomania96 View Post
    1 Peyton Manning
    2 Tom Brady
    3 Carson Palmer
    4 Ben Roetlisberger
    5 Jake Plummer
    I like Carson Palmer and think that he is definitely a top-5 QB right now.

I also like how he took all of the heat for the Chad Johnson spat.-sign of a great leader.

BUT clutch?? I don't think so, he hasn't really played in a big game yet. (NFL)

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    I like Carson Palmer and think that he is definitely a top-5 QB right now.

I also like how he took all of the heat for the Chad Johnson spat.-sign of a great leader.

BUT clutch?? I don't think so, he hasn't really played in a big game yet. (NFL)
    Clutch is more than just how you perform in big games, but in clutch situations... such as late drives to set up a winning score. Which Carson has been pretty good at, but this year he hasn't been playing all that well in general... let alone at the end of the game.
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/806...sonsig1bb2.png

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...nemsigbuq8.jpg

Sig by Sky.

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.

1. Tom Brady
    2. Tom Brady's newborn baby

Clutch? Peyton Manning has been awful in meaningful games throughout his career...He had one great half against the Pats and now everyone seems to forget about is huge dropoff in meaningful games. Im tired of people saying, if he had a defense he would win more. His defense has always played well enough to win.

For all the talk about the D's being the difference in their rings; the Manning supporters don't seem to realize (or acknowledge) that it's often been Peyton Manning and the unstoppable Colts offense that has failed them in the playoffs...

They lost games in the playoffs by the following scores:
    1999: Titans 19, Colts 16. Manning was 19-43 with 227 yards (0/0 TD/INT ratio). Pretty subpar performance.

2000: Dolphins 23, Colts 17. 17-32, 194 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT's. Not a real bad performance, but he definitely didn't put the team on his shoulders and carry them to a win when it was very possible.

2002: Jets 41, Colts 0. Manning was 14-31 with 137 yards and 0 TD's to 2 INT's. He probably wasn't winning that game anyways, but just another case of him and that Colts offense coming up small in a playoff loss.

2003: Patriots 24, Colts 14. He smoked Denver and KC but then **** the bed against the Patriots. 23-47 with 4 picks and 1 TD. If their offense played well, they certainly could've won this game.

2004: Patriots 20, Colts 3. He lit up Denver but once again, pulled a no show against the Patriots. 27-42 with 238 yards and 1 INT and led his team to 3 points.

2005: Steelers 21, Colts 18. 22-38, 290 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT's. Played very well, but the Colts offense still scored just 18 points. I'd say Vanderjagt is more to blame for this than his D.

2006: He was pretty horrible against KC and Baltimore, but his D and the pathetic offenses those two teams have bailed him out and he won both games. Was very good against the Patriots and solid against the Bears. He was really carried to this Super Bowl, aside from his amazing 2nd half vs. the Patriots. It sure seems to me like the Manning & the Colts offense deserves their fair share of the blame and it isn't a case of the Colts always losing 49-42 in the playoffs.

This guy has been way too inconsistent (and it's usually more of the **** games than the good ones) in the playoffs for me to even think about taking him over Brady.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI[/url]

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

No, Peyton did throw a pick in '05 remember. Troy Palamalu, worst call in league history. And I remember that being the second game of the season that he got good pressure. He lost the other one too (Chargers).

I really don't think we have a very good clutch QB in the league right now. Brady appears to be the best clutch guy out there, but I think Vince Young has the potential to be a really good clutch quarter back.

Brett favre, The guy could throw 20 picks in a game, but you just know with 2minutes left and down by a score, he's going to make the throws that make the interceptions meaningless.
    Vince young, simply because of his speed, in these short time situations defenses play the pass, so he's always going to be dangerous with room to run, a couple of 5 to 10 yard rushes could be the differance between a field goal for the win and nothing.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

If your talking specifically QB, and not team as a whole i think i would have to go to Farve. If the game lay in the hands of the QB i would take Farve anyday with 2 min remaining.

He has his issues (which QB doesn't? It would be dumb to judge him based upon mistakes that stand out as opposed to greatness you just come to expect)

Pats...Team as a whole was amazing in the clutch. Yes they had Brady (who's skills aren't being debated atm) at the helm to lead, but in the clutch it was Vinny who pulled them to victory.

Colts... Yes Manning is nice to have with 2 minutes left on the clock. There is no doubt the offense can score with half that amount of time...we have done it a thousand times. (people like to forget those when they can talk about interceptions) what good does that do the colts though if 1 minute is left on the clock and we are kick off to the patriots? ( I disagree on the Colts having a decent defense up till this point. Really thats a joke to suggest otherwise...i dont like stats but in this case they do make a HUGE statement)

Overall i find this discussion to be a bit void because no ONE player will ever win someone the game. If its guaranteed that no one else will make a mistake then, like i said i will take Farve. Otherwise, you have QB's who you don't want to give the ball to (They get antsy and butterfingered, throwing the ball away for NO REASON other than nervousness) And you have QB's who you trust. Unfortunately TEAMS make mistakes throwing off your trust. Offensive lines don't hold forcing the qb to get rid of the ball. Wide recievers who miss passes sent right to them. Running backs who fumble because they don't tuck the ball.

Tell ya what... I WOULD NOT GIVE THE BALL TO REX GROSSMAN WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE