View Poll Results: Have you Had Enough of jim bates???

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

48 47.52%
  • no

13 12.87%
  • To early to tell........

40 39.60%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Worst defense i've seen in quite a while.

LB's non existent - did DJ Williams make a tackle today? Hell, did he even play today?

Only time I saw the LB's were when they were getting burned or missing tackles/missing the hole completely.

Terrible. I feel for the offense.
    Yea, he was actually the team's leading tackler.

We need to make some changes, clearly. They will come. We need two new OLB's. We need a few D-tackles. If the D still sucks after the needed changes have been made, then you should start *****ing.

BUT NOT 4 GAMES INTO THE START OF AN ENTIRELY NEW SCHEME. ***** about losing all you want, but everyone that's whining about Bates having a bad scheme or being the wrong choice looks like a complete BUFFOON to anyone with an ounce of sense.

Over the last 2 years it turned out that our D sucked when it was about something, at least they started off real good back then. This year it sux from the beginning...

Funny how you look back at our superbowls and nobody noticed how good our defence really was. Same offence today, but much different defence.

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
    Yea, he was actually the team's leading tackler.

We need to make some changes, clearly. They will come. We need two new OLB's. We need a few D-tackles. If the D still sucks after the needed changes have been made, then you should start *****ing.

BUT NOT 4 GAMES INTO THE START OF AN ENTIRELY NEW SCHEME. ***** about losing all you want, but everyone that's whining about Bates having a bad scheme or being the wrong choice looks like a complete BUFFOON to anyone with an ounce of sense.
    How long have they been in this scheme? Just 4 games ago or all Summer? How long before they "get it"? Will the season still exist when they "get it"?

You complain about people *****ing regarding Bates - I was implying that we are down on talent in the LB corps. You state that we need LB's, DLinemen AND the over-used excuse of "The new system"

Have you ever been involved with racing at all - this is starting to sound like some young ricer kid at the track with a list of excuses.

DJ Williams has been a wasted pick thus far - he was great when placed in his natural position but we seem to think that because he's "talented" that means he can play any position on the field when in reality we are ruining this kids career.

Move him back to his natural position (not this year obviously) and draft/FA a natural MLB or else this kid is going to be labeled a BUST.

He's heads and shoulders above Ian Gold at ROLB - *** is the problem???
    [IMG]http://www.rubbercityracing.com/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/66/pg_231093262.jpg[/IMG]

I would like for them to try and just get rid of him now

His Defensive scheem is the worst I have ever seen against the run. any team can pretty much just run on this scheem. last year the Defense at the beginning of the season was so tuff aganst the run that I thought it should be the same this year and with the schedual remaining ouch

well all for giveing it time, but time is only seeming to make it worse

each game we are giveing up more and more yards rushing...where normally it is hardest to run in the middle of a defense teams are eating us alive ..easily chewing up the field, doesnt matter if its addia, lynch or some scrub we've never heard of...one thing in common is it is far to easy to run on us

now again what i witnessed was plain aweful defense, no sugar coating , no excuse just plain ass aweful...is there anyone we can stop? is there a back who we can stop...and it starts in front withthe inept tackles...i believed then as i do now that getting rid of warren was a stupid mistake and it is showing big time...whats the point of bringing in big sam adams then sit him? for craps sake can any one say he might have been beneficial in goal line situations. im good on the de's they are doing what they are supposed to but still there is as was last year absalutly no interior push, and most times the dts are being cast aside opening a huge hole for the back....was our run defense this bad with warren? i dont think so

the line backers are very bad, DJ has promise at the spot but we would right now be better served with a athelete of lessor talent but better MLB play, dj is constantly overpursueing, leaving his spot...the middle.. wide open. gold it seems would struggle to cover a girl scout

the defensive backs are our strength if there is a strenght on our defense...but still, we have two of the best cbs in the game...so why are they still playing 8 yards off their man on a timeing offense...the TD to wayne clearly showed this weakness,, foxy or shoat was 7 yards deep in the endzone on a third down on the tree yard line...we can say he gave up a td, but realistically he didnt have a chance in hell of stopping it.... the first td to clarc was a mistake by shoate who didnt account for clark comeing across the endzone with ...(as if surprised) gold trailing a slower te

and untill this defense can stop someone it seems our offense will continue to struggle as they are relegated to the sideline watching the game

so whether its the personal or the coach....Lucy has some splaining to do

and for petes sake try another return guy

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    What Do you think? I dont like anything Ive seen so far this season....
    Are we shopping for another D coord. this offseason??
    I think its too early to start judging Bates new scheme. Yes, you are right that the results of Bates new scheme are bad, very bad. But again, like i said last week, the broncos are missing takles left and right. So the defensive players need to start doing there part to make bates scheme work. I could be wrong. All i'll say is, if the D is this bad in the second part of the season...then it will be time to start thinking about a new D coord. Right now its just too early in the season to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    How long have they been in this scheme? Just 4 games ago or all Summer? How long before they "get it"? Will the season still exist when they "get it"
    I don't know, we'll see. Part of the whole "scheme" thing involves personnel changes. I would say we have approx. 5 or 6 players on D that are incapable of playing on or within the defense.

You complain about people *****ing regarding Bates - I was implying that we are down on talent in the LB corps. You state that we need LB's, DLinemen AND the over-used excuse of "The new system"
    Obviously, so maybe that bottom "rant" wasn't in direct response to your "rant"...

Over-used excuse of the new system...what the hell?!?!? No one is grasping the reality of the situation here. Period. It's not something that happens over night.

Green Bay wasn't "awesome" under Bates for the year he was there either. Look at them now! Of course, it's hard to draw a valid connection between Bates' one year of influence and GB's mass turn-around on D, but when has fact and logic ever stopped anyone here, right?

Have you ever been involved with racing at all - this is starting to sound like some young ricer kid at the track with a list of excuses.
    Yeaaaa, nooo...

I'm beginning to want this so called "ricer," however. Then we shall have great talk over fire with peace pipe.

Everyone ranted on Coyers scheme, but believe it or not, his scheme actually stopped the run.

That might not be the same for the pass, but the running always always opens it up for the pass.

I am sick of the Bates D.

Bates isn't going anywhere so you guys are just going to have to live with it

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Everyone ranted on Coyers scheme, but believe it or not, his scheme actually stopped the run.

That might not be the same for the pass, but the running always always opens it up for the pass.

I am sick of the Bates D.
    HAHAHAHAHA

YOU SEEM TO CONVIENTLY FORGET THAT UNDER COYER WE WERE ROUTINELY AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE IN THE PASS RUSHING DEPARTMENT.

Either way, we get our ass kicked today. I think I actually prefer getting run on to watching Manning sit back in the pocket for 10 seconds waiting for Reggie or Marvin to run a perfect post route. At least run defense is correctable. Talent is not.

wow.. a whopping 4 games and ALLLL you defensive coordinators are out of work.... amazing.

I don't know, we'll see. Part of the whole "scheme" thing involves personnel changes. I would say we have approx. 5 or 6 players on D that are incapable of playing on or within the defense.

Obviously, so maybe that bottom "rant" wasn't in direct response to your "rant"...

Over-used excuse of the new system...what the hell?!?!? No one is grasping the reality of the situation here. Period. It's not something that happens over night.

Green Bay wasn't "awesome" under Bates for the year he was there either. Look at them now! Of course, it's hard to draw a valid connection between Bates' one year of influence and GB's mass turn-around on D, but when has fact and logic ever stopped anyone here, right?

Yeaaaa, nooo...

I'm beginning to want this so called "ricer," however. Then we shall have great talk over fire with peace pipe.
    I certainly didn't expect this to happen over night but I most certainly didn't expect a complete and utter meltdown for 4 straight games, and still facing SD and Pitt.

We could very well be 2-4 at the stretch. If they don't start getting ANYBODIES scheme we're going to be up **** creek without a paddle.
    [IMG]http://www.rubbercityracing.com/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/66/pg_231093262.jpg[/IMG]

HAHAHAHAHA

YOU SEEM TO CONVIENTLY FORGET THAT UNDER COYER WE WERE ROUTINELY AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE IN THE PASS RUSHING DEPARTMENT.

Either way, we get our ass kicked today. I think I actually prefer getting run on to watching Manning sit back in the pocket for 10 seconds waiting for Reggie or Marvin to run a perfect post route. At least run defense is correctable. Talent is not.
    Yep it was the same complaining and whining last year except it was for having "the worst pass rush in the history of the Broncos organization".

People need to be patient.

HAHAHAHAHA

WE HARDLY HAVE A PASS RUSH NOW?

I don't care if Elvis has 4 sacks, when the time for a pass rush is here, it always FAILS.

I'D RATHER STOP THE RUN TO BE IN THE GAME rather then have a pass rush here and there while getting blown off the line every damn play!