View Poll Results: Fan Poll Question: What's the reason why the Broncos are 2-3 so far?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lack of pressure on opposing quarterbacks

0 0%
  • Red zone offense

0 0%
  • Rushing defense

1 10.00%
  • Special teams

0 0%
  • Tackling

0 0%
  • Turnovers

1 10.00%
  • ALL OF THE ABOVE

8 80.00%
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    There is nothing insane about this teams potential. The QB is average at best at this point. The offensive line isn't effective blocking for the run in the red zone. The defensive line particularly the tackles are garbage. The linebackers are borderline awful. The safeties can't cover. The special teams units are abysmal. Depth is lacking at all positions except for runningback and cornerback.

The potential on this team is that of a mediocre team at best. Looking more like that of a terrible team.
    Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9890/darrentwilliamstributebb3.jpg[/IMG]

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

[IMG]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5780/selyoinksig3yx.jpg[/IMG]

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by #7Forever View Post
    I hear where he is coming from....when you think about the talent we have and what Cutler has shown he can do with the ball, (closest thing to Elway we have had) and Henry being the best thing since T. Davis etc etc....
    I have to disagree about Henry being the best rb we have since Davis. That title belongs to Portis regardless of what he has done since and the manner in which he left the team. His two seasons in Denver were remarkable. Henry has played a mere 5 games so far and may have played his last for this team.
    Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9890/darrentwilliamstributebb3.jpg[/IMG]

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

[IMG]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5780/selyoinksig3yx.jpg[/IMG]

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

excellent reply

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    Maybe down the road, but not this year. The Travis Henry thing obviously had the team thinking about anything but football today, and you can't do that against a desparate, talented team like the Chargers....the circumstances made what occured today ripe for the happening.

Now the Broncos need to go back to square one with the running game. Henry most likely played his last game in a Broncos uni today. Selvin Young is not ready to be a full-time tailback....so....hopefully, the Broncos will move Mike Bell back to where he belongs...but this is a very young team Offensively that is taking it's lumps....

Brandon Marshall had a tough day today, but he just oozes talent...Javon Walker will be back in our next game.....Tony Scheffler showed signs today of re-emerging.....and I like this Glen Martinez kid. He plays with heart and determination, and could develop into Brandon Stokley's replacement.

I like Brian Clark, but just as a receiver; he has no business returning kicks.

Hey you know, David Kircus wasn't half bad returning kicks last year, and he's unsigned...

As for the Defense, there's not much to say, other than the team needed a complete overhgaul to it's front seven, and that is hard to do in one year. The future will be determined by if and how fast Moss, Dumervil, Crowder and Thomas can become legitimate starters on the D-Line, because if they bust-out, we will have remifications long down the line there....

The LB's are so pathetic, it's really hard to describe.

What we need is an influx of talent in the Defensive front seven, so a year of picking in the top 15 might not be such a bad deal.

Young teams have to take thier lumps. Today was a bad game, a historically bad game, but there are the dues that have to be paid along the way.

Peytaohead and the Baloney Ponies lost a game to the NY Jets in the Playoffs 41-3, and now they are defending SB Champs.

We can and will recover from this, but it will take time.

Patience, my fellow Bronco fans, patience...
    I didnt see the last of the game because the station started showing a differnt game. What di Henry do?

This team has mega talent. I think they are still recovering from last years turmoil. I find it so shortsighted and ADD for people to leave the stadium early after all these folks have beebn through. It devalues the loss of darrent and damien, and undermines personal humanity. Instead of booing and walking out, the fans should have stood and given the Broncos a standing ovations. I have been a Bronco fan since 1973. This team has very significant talent. We need to support them and let them evolve. Your thoughts on the D-line were very objective and encouraging. I believe shanny has brought together a good team, and the equation is ready.

I AGREE. Last year I was sincerely distraught after that first loss to San Diego... This year... not so much. Cutler-Marshall-Young-Elvis bodes well for our future. Having one stinker of a season will be tough to endure but I would love to have a top ten draft pick... That would get us a few good picks next year right!

Future looks good no matter what happens this year. Why go 8-8 and lose in the first round anyway? We aint beating Pats or Colts!

Dedicated season (yeah right)

I'm sorry but I don't see the heart and determination out on the playing field that I saw when D Will was with us. Pat Bowlen and Shanahan said that this season was going to be dedicated to the memory of D Will. Well I'm sorry but I'm not seeing it.

With all of the changes we made in the offseason firing Coyer was a mistake.
    Think about it. This defense was great through the first 7 or 8 games but the lack of offense was what started to kill the defense because they were on the field all the time and couldn't get rest. This defense is the worst that I have ever seen. I really believe Bates needs to go. I know Coyer will not come back but we need a change. Someone else needs to start making the play calling on defense. Will someone please tell me what Jim Bates's position is named. I thought for sure we promoted within as the DC. I think Bates just oversees the defensive plays or something like that. But I may be wrong!

I am a Broncos fan no matter what but I hate having this much talent on this team and can't seem to get it done on Sundays. Something to add to it is I've never saw this Defense have so much trouble adjusting to a new scheme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cbroncos724 View Post
    you better know your team better
    Gold led the team in tackles today

true but you have to think about the 8 tackles he missed, not the 6 that he made

Some of the characters on this team are making it hard to like.

OK, its one thing to lose and feel good about your guys but this team is really starting more and more difficult to like. Whether its guys like Dre Bly who talk too much and dont do enough to back it up or whether its Travis Henry and his problems. Even Brandon Marshall is popping off because he is too thin skinned. Like I said, its becoming increasingly difficult to look fondly on some of the guys we have out there.

I don't think it's that extreme yet, lots of players on lots of teams talk trash, thats part of the game, but I have been getting some Cincinnati vibes lately.

It really won't matter what that offense does this season if the D can't stop the other team from scoring in bunches and eating up significant minutes.

We have shown that we are extremely vulnerable on D. Our line is young and the experienced players on the line are weak. Adams in finished and needs to waddle off into the sunset. We are missing Ekuban's presence on the line and maybe getting rid of Warren doesn't look like such a great idea at this point.

Our LB's are awful. Woud someone please cut that grinning idiot Gold! You just got burned on a 45yrd pass on 2nd and 33 and you get up smiling?! Have you been hanging out with Henry before games?! Webster is a back-up at best and DJ Williams looks lost. Losing Al Wilson to injury has cost us a lot of heart and a very smart defender.

As for the secondary, losing Champ to any significant injury time will be a huge blow as Bly is no where near the "shut down" corner he was advertised to be when we traded away two players. I have always been a huge fan of Lynch but it's clear that he's lost a step.

Remember fellow fans that except for a couple of last second miracles we would be sitting at 0-5 right now. Unless some drastic changes and adjustments are made during the bye-week we might go weeks before we win another game. Check our sched...we're going up against some tough teams in the next few weeks. I'm afraid we could be in for a verrrry long season!

high priced spoiled kids.some of it you can put up with,but t.henry daddy is the one i have problems with.
    elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

week in and week out i have been telling you people that ian gold is garbage and now finally you guys realize it i played the position for 6 years and i was not good by any of these guys means but come on you have to be able to form tackle i mean those are the basics and you have to attempt to be able to cover TE's in this league and not get blown off the ball 10 yards every play and smile about it.... i mean smile??? are you kidding me this is a game for mean nasty people you dont see AJ Hawk smiling do you never ian gold needs to grow a pair and man up im sick of this below average garbage and average is not ok with me either we pay him good money and he needs to return the favor with good LB play and some intensity please!!!!

Elvis is a playmaker... what do you think of Moss... Crowder... Thomas?

Doesn't seem like these rookies do much of anything?

Quote Originally Posted by dman444 View Post
    You cant expect Gold to be able to cover Vincent Jackson, that was stupid to have him on a receiver, not his fault. Yes he has been having a troubled year with tackling but it all starts up front, we cant expect the linebackers to make every play, our D-line has to step it up. As everyone can tell we have a great backfield but the main reason we are #1 in passing is our inability to stop the run. In the NFL if you cant stop the run and you cant run the ball you will lose, guaranteed.
    Mike Shanahan views Gold as a speed demon, thats why he was on Jackson. No I dont exspect Gold to be able to cover him but lately he seems to be the whipping boy for opposing offenses and instead of adjusting, he's getting beat.

As far as the D-line, there is holding on every play and I couldnt tell you how many times Ive seen a linemen with a handful of Dumervilles Jersey.
    We seem to put alot of the blame on them but they are doing alot believe it or not, but again it comes back to them being held.

This Is A Super Hard Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by cdnbroncosfan View Post
    It really won't matter what that offense does this season if the D can't stop the other team from scoring in bunches and eating up significant minutes.

We have shown that we are extremely vulnerable on D. Our line is young and the experienced players on the line are weak. Adams in finished and needs to waddle off into the sunset. We are missing Ekuban's presence on the line and maybe getting rid of Warren doesn't look like such a great idea at this point.

Our LB's are awful. Woud someone please cut that grinning idiot Gold! You just got burned on a 45yrd pass on 2nd and 33 and you get up smiling?! Have you been hanging out with Henry before games?! Webster is a back-up at best and DJ Williams looks lost. Losing Al Wilson to injury has cost us a lot of heart and a very smart defender.

As for the secondary, losing Champ to any significant injury time will be a huge blow as Bly is no where near the "shut down" corner he was advertised to be when we traded away two players. I have always been a huge fan of Lynch but it's clear that he's lost a step.

Remember fellow fans that except for a couple of last second miracles we would be sitting at 0-5 right now. Unless some drastic changes and adjustments are made during the bye-week we might go weeks before we win another game. Check our sched...we're going up against some tough teams in the next few weeks. I'm afraid we could be in for a verrrry long season!
    Jay Cutler is up against some realy good teams. If they play as a team , limit penalties and turnovers, and up their game, they could do great things. Otherwise it could be a very losing season. Welcome to the NFL Cannon Cutler and Merry Christmas.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

Who is THAT??? Big Bird on stilts?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.