Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Man this is making me sick!

We put 00000 pressure on the opposing QB.

Without Al Wilson in the middle it seems as if we can't stop the run. Nothing else has changed.

We pick up another pro bowl corner and they both are getting beat.

Our offense doesn't look so bad as we have the league's leading rusher but I never like the play calling on offense. We just seem to play with no confidence this year and no heart

Something needs to change ASAP after this bye week.

Hello all from a Bronco fan stationed in Washington, DC. BATES HAS GOT TO GO!!!

His system was supposed to be aggressive. As soon I watch the first game of the season, I realized that it was all a sham. All he has has the d-lineman do is plug the gaps. That does not work in the NFL. Denver has always had a strong run defense. He needs to switch to an aggressive tactic. Denver also has to work on tackling. The LB corp would be nice if they did not have to deal with o-lineman coming at them. I also noticed the DJ Williams is not a middle linebacker. He need to go back to the outside where he is naturally suited. Some players can make the change from ouside to middle, in my opinion, he cannot. Denver's linbackers are among the fastest in the league. Bates should go to a 3-4 defense. The 3-4 defense is very difficult to deal with. Blitzes can come from any linebacker at anytime.

The secondary is serviceable even though Champ is hurting. Dre' Bly is a good corner. Yes he tends to run his mouth but I expect that from a good corner. The backup corners have to step up. I cannot figure out how we end up with a LB on a wideout. That is a definite mismatch.

I like what I am seeing from Jay Cutler. I have seen a few mistakes, but the plays he has made outweighs them by far.

Travis Henry has to go. Denvers blocking scheme requires speed. Travis Henry is not fast. It makes me wonder if there are any free agent backs with speed available. Henry's drug problem does not help matters at all.

In closing, I hope things change during the by week. If not, we Bronco fan's are in for a long season. I had them going 11-5. Right now all I can hope for is 8-8.

Ya know what ??
    I shut the game off by the third quarter. Total dismemberment by the Chargers. I don't really feel that it's Bates fault YET !!
    I saw Bly let Jackson grab a ball on the sidelines without even reaching for the ball. I saw Gold trying to cover Jackson full speed. I saw Bailey and others getting used by Gates. I see lack of focus on "SPECIAL" TEAMS and Marshall dropping the ball. I see Sam Adams and he can't even run for cryin out loud. This guy is a waste.
    Man, Cutler and Henry are the only ones that seemed to be playing at all. After being behind, Henry now is taken out of the gameplan cuz we are playin catch up.
    Something needs to happen to shake ths team up, or we won't even be sniffing the playoffs this year. Coaches need to do something to make these guys focus and somebody needs to smack that smile off of Golds face after the way he played today.
    Makes ya miss Wilson and Pryce now huh ????

ps: oh, and great coaching decision to drop Hixon for Martinez
    [SIGPIC][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/alkee_619/DOMINATOR.jpg[/IMG][/SIGPIC]

Defense

Well, what an embarassment. I've been a Broncos fan for 30 years and can't remember a worse effort especially from the Defense. Clearly some changes need to be made over the bye-week.

I agree with the statement someone made about firing Bates...who would you bring in at this point? Let him last the year and then make a decision, but clearly there is a lack of talent. Our D line is pathetic, they can't hold back the O linemen, who then get into the LB's pushing them back so by the time the opposing RB gets through he's already into the secondary. When you have people talking about what a great game Nick Ferguson had...it's a bad bad day when a safety is one of the leading tacklers.

Ian Gold...he needs to go. Firstly the speed he was once known for is clearly not there any longer. Plus he gets beat on a 45yrd pass and gets up smiling??!! Have you been hanging out with Henry before games? Get angry!! Play with some passion!! Stop patting the opposing guys on the head during the game.

Nate Webster is certainly not much better either, and DJ Williams looks like a fish out of water.

Sam Adams needs to take a hike, he clearly can't hardly even walk any longer let alone play at a consistant level. As for our secondary, I love Lynch but it's clear that he's definitely lost a step.

We are in bad shape my friends and short of a couple of last minute miracles we would be 0-5 right now...think about that one. Wonder if there would have been some changes made then. No matter what strides the offense makes it won't matter a bit if they are under the pressure of knowing they have to be successful every time because the defense can't be counted on to get a stop or prevent the other team from scoring in bunches.

I'm as optimistic as the next person but clearly the players haven't bought into the new defensive system or we just have a huge lack of talent on that side of the ball. Either way if they don't get it together soon we'll all be in for a very long season.

Bates is a joke.

the Broncos should sign me i can't tackle either.

Exclamation Fire Jim Bates Please!!!!

jim bates has completely changed the way our defense approaches games now...larry coyer, we could stop the run and have our breaks on defense...jim bates, god save us on defense!!....we simply dont have the right people to fit jim bates' stupid system, the only reason he had sucess in miame was because he had elite and polished players who had size...we dont have an elite pass rusher or nose tackle yet...we have nothing but young and unproven players to deal with...if u feel my anger let a guy know plz....all im asking for is to fire jim bates n give me feed back..

Quote Originally Posted by arod602 View Post
    jim bates has completely changed the way our defense approaches games now...larry coyer, we could stop the run and have our breaks on defense...jim bates, god save us on defense!!....we simply dont have the right people to fit jim bates' stupid system, the only reason he had sucess in miame was because he had elite and polished players who had size...we dont have an elite pass rusher or nose tackle yet...we have nothing but young and unproven players to deal with...if u feel my anger let a guy know plz....all im asking for is to fire jim bates n give me feed back..
    Yeah. Time to find another scape goat for next year.

Greg Robinson, Larry Coyer, Ray Rhodes, Andre Peterson. Soon Shanahan will need to hire Pat Bowlen because there won't be any more defensive coordinators left.

I was a strong advocate last year of firing Larry Coyer and before that Ray Rhodes. I am ready to drop Bates now. He has made too many mistakes at this point to even consider keeping. They traded Gerard Warren because he didn't fit the scheme. Well then change the scheme he was our best interior lineman and he wrecked havoc when healthy. Instead we go with an obscure lineman and a Bengal castaway.

My advice to Mike Shanahan is go get one of the Patriots or Steelers assistant defensive coaches and get us a true GM who can evaluate talent.
    Broncos fans since age 6.
    Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
    Favorite Player: John Elway
    Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

If Bates system worked "once-upon-a-time" then joy for him...but he certainly hasnt done any good in Denver...At this point in our season give him the boot...
    [FONT=Times New Roman]If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton [/FONT]

I know, being head coach and everything, that the buck stops with Mike Shanahan. How can one decipher when it's poor play calling by Shanahan, a bad job of defensive scheme and coaching by Bates, or a combination of the two? It seems to me like it's both, but it's just so stinkin sad that Bates has only been D-Coord through 5 games, and we're already calling for his head! I see where the advocates for firing Bates are coming from, but what if it's just a matter of lack of talent and the players simply not showing up? I don't know. I don't think we should fire Shanahan at all, but if Bates goes...who else will go? Inevitably someone else will get the boot as well. This will be an interesting two weeks for the Broncos as well. May it be a time of recovery, rest, and good decisions for the team as a whole.

all i can say is bates has screwed us over.his defensive scheme sucks
    we need to fire him and find a new d coach NOW!!

as for the defense i think it would be best to move dj back to his original spot at strongside linebacker.and try putting nate inda middle.

are DTs are really sucking it up this year too we need some new ones.warren was good i dont know why we traded him.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]RIP Sean Taylor,Darrent Williams, Damien Nash, and Marquis Hill.Our hearts are with you.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"]go Selvin Young.[/FONT]

[SIZE="4"][B]screw da dolts!!![/B][/SIZE]

I really am ticked off at this point with bates. it makes me want to see him fired. but ill give him this year and possibly next year to turn it around if he cant then itsh time to go. sometimes the best thing is consistancy and being able to get past the initial problems we are habing

I aggree though our personel odes not fit this system at all!!! lets hire cowher as our D cordinator. HE GETS TO THE QB
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Shut up, quit blaming things on people its not Bates fault and it probably wasn't all Coyer's fault even tho his play calling was questionable at times, did you ever think that we just don't have the right guys to make a good defense, we have 2 of the best corners yeah but our safeties are a liability I love John Lynch but he gets lost in coverage, and Ferguson shows up only sometimes, our d-line is too young, our linebackers are compiled of overrated players and washed up line backers.

Don't make Jim Bates the scape goat, hes got a proven background he just had better talent than what we got, we have a young buck d-line and a weak line backing core......

scape goat???

It is HIS job to organize our players and get them ready for the season...now here we are 5 weeks into it and are still a joke. Scape-goat?? He is the defensive coach therefore the blame falls on his shoulders! How about people stop making excuses for him!!!!
    [FONT=Times New Roman]If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton [/FONT]