Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Hey Brandon-

You want the fans to "support" you?? I am pretty sure we pay your bills pal. You want us to hang around during the good and bad? I say we already do and that we finally had enough of the "dropped balls and fumbles" and we couldnt stomach another minute of the defense. Instead of calling out the fans maybe youshould call out your teammates for powder puff football...
    [FONT=Times New Roman]If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton [/FONT]

we have the right, they went left!

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal19 View Post
    You can see the video here on the right.
    http://cbs4denver.com/sports
    Brandon is probably right, but still shouldn't have said anything.
    I agree. He may have a point, but he wasn't in a position to say anything. If he had 10 out of 10 catches and 200 yds in a losing effort, perhaps he can say it... but with that kind of performance? What did he expect??

nicely put

Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanIN View Post
    My post was not meant to "lather" anyone up. I apologize to anyone if it is taken that way.

Perhaps Marshall feels the same way? I mean, the guy had a really bad day, and he knows he contributed to the teams loss by that fumble. We've all seen on the sidelines how hard Mashall is on himself when something goes wrong (ala the INT last week where the CB cut him off).

So to hear the supportive fan base booing...I would imagine that would rub him pretty raw, thinking the fans that are so supportive are now booing him...when he is harder on himself than any of us fans could ever be.

Again, I didnt mean to offend anyone, or get anyone lathered up by my post.
    It is just how I see how people are responding on these boards to the teams problems...and Marshalls words are seeming to add to the fire, when they really dont need to be...
    One of the better posts here. We could all learn from this. Specially Marshall. Yup he was rubbed raw and yup, it was a bad situation all around. But this is his world now. I'd say, I would have admired him better if he sucked it up and went and caught 20 and gained 200 yds next game! THEN, he can maybe complain a little...

This bleedingheart syndrome makes me want to =
    [FONT=Times New Roman]If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton [/FONT]

cop out

Quote Originally Posted by bklynbronco View Post
    Yeah but one thing he's gotta learn is that you don't turn it against the fans. the fans are not playing the game you are. The fans are not the ones who made you fumble at the ten of SD.

that's a cop out to deflect what really happened out there. the fans reacted to game play. You guy stunk it up you guys got booed simple as that.
    jake put his middle finger at fans and this board went nuts. Brandon gets one pass cause it's his second year but after that he's fair game.
    Cop out...yup I like that word and that's what he did...either put up or shut up!

Quote Originally Posted by Uglybass View Post
    You guys are getting way too offended over this. He's upset over taking one of the worst losses in Broncos history, i'd be upset as well. Did you expect him to come out and say "I deserve to get booed we are a horrible team please don't support us anymore."
    No but he should have said our performancs todat deserved to get booed and we need to hit the practice fields tomorrow and get this thing fixed. That is why we pay his bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    These two posts totally threw me off
    Are you serious, do you really think thats the same? Compared to the players we are goverment officials? Compared to us the players are puppets on a stage?

I offended who by saying "spoiled"? The fans that booed? Ok, but I never said "fair-weather", that was Brandon, but you dont think people were offended?

Who said Brandon blamed the fans for anything? he just didnt appreciate the booing thats all. I saw no indication he thinks the booing led to the loss, how did you come away with that?
    If you don't appreciate the booing.... play better. To me anytime you deflect critizim of yourself to an entity that you have no control over(the fans) it's a cowards way out.
    Take responsibilty for your own actions and don't worry about the fans cause most fans are schizo anyways. you do good they cheer you do bad they won't, no different than any other fan base.
    What i mean about blame is that he has seem to deflect his negative play and throw it back at the fans like if we had something to do with his mistakes.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    LOL, boy the fans sure can dish out statements like these, but when Brandon says the fans should keep theri mouth shut, fans get hurt emotionally.
    I don't get you. what is your problem? No one here is getting hurt emotionally.
    when you call out the fans for booing is just going to make them do it more to spite you. Lynch and stoklely took the high road and took responsibilty for thier game without putting it on the fans for booing.
    If he can't take it he should have never decided to be a NFL football player.
    Don't put us in this "if we can do it so can he" cause eventually if brandon wants to play that role with the fans, the fans will always win.
    If he wants to call out his fans then he gets what he deserves.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanBronc View Post
    The analogy is that the players are equivalent to government officials or our employees. We expect motivation. We expect a desire to excel. We expect effort. And these are reasonable expectations that, if not met, should bring about our displeasure with the players and/or team.
    Have you ever seen booing in a workplace? If you have, its one of the most classless companies to work for.

Have you ever been booed at your workplace? If your an employee in a company, would you really appreciate being publically booed by those who are above you and "pay your salary" every week?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Booing comes with the territory.

Don't choose a professional sports career if you don't want the cheers and the boos.

I still will never ever boo any of my teams - i would not have booed the Yankees had I been in NYC last night - I would not have booed the Broncos had I been in Denver on Sunday - I dont see anything wrong with fans being PO'd but how big of a fan are you if you boo your own colors? - I dont care if we went 0-16 I wouldnt boo - I HATED Griese and I didnt boo him when he hung eddie out to dry and got his leg broke and basically ended his career

I, personally, take booing as a way of fans stating they hate whatever it is they are booing - I can understand booing a bad play call or something but not an individual player - Hell I wont even boo gayrod till he takes off the pinstripes (that was for kb )

Think about it - when your at the stadium and the visiting team comes out of the tunnel what do you hear - boos - you shouldnt hear that when youre at home from your own fans -

Yeah they stunk up the stadium on Sunday - but my butt would have been in my seat till 0:00 at the end of the 4th - and maybe after the game when they came out of the locker room you can comment like - damn you guys sucked today or something - but to have a whole stadium of YOUR people booing you, just isnt right IMHO

And last I checked neither I nor anyone else on this board signed a paycheck for a Broncos player - so no we dont pay their salaries - Bowlen does - and there are many fans who cant afford to buy gear and go to games but it doesnt make them less of a fan - if you buy broncos gear or tickets you are supporting Bowlens pocket not Cutlers or Marshalls or anyone else's - and a football owner can be the richest man in the world - but football has a CAP, therefore it basically levels the playing field in that aspect -

Im not saying that fans dont make a difference, but take the patsies for instance, NO fan base for years and years - the owner put money into the team, they get a new stadium and then they all of a sudden have a huge fan base - so it wasnt the fans that made the pats what they are today, I can tell you that much

In what way does booing help our team?

I've got to say that Denver fans can be the most spoiled fans in all of sports. Every game I go to I just sit back and laugh. If it's not a good play, BOO. If it's not perfect, BOO. Any questionable call is always in our favor!? Of course if it were the other side of the ball it would be, well, the other way. If any Denver team is losing, a lot of people quit on their team. Which is exactly what happened last Sunday. To all you BOOers, try backing your team up instead. Don't you think it would help them rather than pretty much taking sides with the other team? How it must seem to apposing teams when home team fans are BOOing the home team. It would probably put some wind in their sails and take it out of the home team's. Certainly I can understand that this kind of loss is hard to take. But seriously, try and help your team when it's in need rather than adding insult to injury. I'm a fan through thick and thin. I'll never BOO the Broncos. You fair weather fans make me sick!!! Cheers Brandon, you are correct! Now that I have pretty much made enemies with a lot of you, I don't care. If you don't like what I'm saying you're no friend I would ever want to have anyways. GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by burnt orange View Post
    Booing comes with the territory.

Don't choose a professional sports career if you don't want the cheers and the boos.
    dont boo if you cant take the criticism for it
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    How? HOW exactly is he right?

Why on Earth would you say fans have no right to boo that pathetic demonstration of 'effort' on the field today?

I'm so sick of fans thinking they're high and mighty because they don't criticize their team.

Well, hate to break it to you - our team SUCKS right now, and totally gave up on the field today.

If that's not reason to boo, then what is?
    And for you to boo them, how does that make them any better? It makes them worse!

Grow Up

It is sad how many fans Boo our team at the game! He is a young man and probably felt he was giving his all and there was no appreciation shown by his fan base. These young men sacrifice their bodies for the name of Football...the least we can do is cheer them on win or lose. Let's just hope that they had a bad game...look at the rest of the other teams that lost this week and should have won.
    [FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Some minds are like concrete, completely mixed up, and permanently set!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]