Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Stokley healthy we have to have another WR step up for us big this week

To be honest I felt like I got hit in the gut when I heard Shanny say on Nfl Network that Walker is going to have surgery. All day I have had a good feeling about this game until I heard this. I am one who always tries to focus on the positive but my friends we have got to throw the ball big time this game. I feel like Marshall will come through we just need Schef and Stokley to make up for Javon

I am no coach but I hope and pray Shanny does not go conservative. We need to strike fast and hard. Please show me guns blaring this week coach we need a win more than the Rockies need the World Series
    Last edited by cutlerfan; 10-19-2007 at 06:51 AM.
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

i read on broncosforum that Shanny hopes to control the tempo of the game and if i know what that mean we should be in for a lot of running

pitt hasnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in some crazy number of games like 26 or something, i also hope martinez isnt our #3, please id much rather see clark in there to make a play and move Marshall over to the 1 spot. idk this game is probably gonna get ugly
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    i read on broncosforum that Shanny hopes to control the tempo of the game and if i know what that mean we should be in for a lot of running
    That doesn't surprise me at all. His playcalling is just going to get more and more uptight if he doesn't have confidence in the team. High percentage stuff, limited gains, etc. I sense that "score management" may be high on his list of priorities after two blowout losses, so anything that produces quick 3-and-outs will be a no-no.

At some point, Shanahan is going to have to develop a young WR...something he has never been able to do.

Brian Clark, Glen Martinez...somebody....anybody?

Where's David Kircus when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    Where's David Kircus when you need him?
    lol, oh man thats a good one

you just made my night
    -------

Well since hearing about this news the first thing that popped into my head was the hope too see tony more involved in the game plan. It seemed to me that he was healthy enough and also the fact that we have no proven #2 wide receiver. On sunday's game im hopin to see alot of tony out there taking some relief off of brandon.

pitt hasnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in some crazy number of games like 26 or something, i also hope martinez isnt our #3, please id much rather see clark in there to make a play and move Marshall over to the 1 spot. idk this game is probably gonna get ugly
    Man I hope you read wrong. Think about it - the best chance we have is a shootout. If we make them throw we are better able to defend that than the run that eats up clock. Don't you agree??
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Well they R going to have to do something some of that Mile High Magic needs to come back and work on that offense a little.

Im not as down as I was during some other losing season's but im approaching the level I felt after the season opener with the Rams

The Broncos sure do need a win and I dont care how they do it.

Man It would be special to watch Cutler save us from the jaws of defeat.

Cause the Broncos are at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan View Post
    Man I hope you read wrong. Think about it - the best chance we have is a shootout. If we make them throw we are better able to defend that than the run that eats up clock. Don't you agree??
    i completely agree, Shanny has been very stubborn lately, thinking the run will work everytime and the thing is if you cant break a big run now and then they wil eventually stop you especially once you get towards the red zone, that is why we have been so ineffective.

i say try to get up early like SD did to us and then run unless they are still gonna run because if we are up and teams still have great sucess runnin we are going to need to put up 30-40 points to win this game
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    At some point, Shanahan is going to have to develop a young WR...something he has never been able to do.
    Um, Rod Freaking Smith?!? I seem to remember Shanahan developing a young Rod Smith. But I'm not the "personnel guru" like you are, so I could be wrong.

Brandon Marshall isn't exactly chopped liver, either. Shannon Sharpe seemed to have a good career here, as did Mcaffrey, who Shanahan spent some time with in SF before brining him to Denver.

C'mon, someone who is better at personnel decisions then 99% of the posters like you should know this!

. . . i also hope martinez isnt our #3, please id much rather see clark in there to make a play and move Marshall over to the 1 spot. idk this game is probably gonna get ugly

What's wrong with Martinez? He played better than Clark in the preseason, and had some great catches last week. Granted he dropped one after he got clobbered, but with experience he'll learn to avoid getting hit that hard. Stokely (a notoriously great route runner) says Martinez is the best route runner he's seen. Route running is what made Rod Smith great. It's much more important to have that ability than simple raw speed like Clark. Marshall is the big play man, so Martinez is a perfect behind the scenes, pick your play, 2nd option WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    What's wrong with Martinez? He played better than Clark in the preseason, and had some great catches last week. Granted he dropped one after he got clobbered, but with experience he'll learn to avoid getting hit that hard. Stokely (a notoriously great route runner) says Martinez is the best route runner he's seen. Route running is what made Rod Smith great. It's much more important to have that ability than simple raw speed like Clark. Marshall is the big play man, so Martinez is a perfect behind the scenes, pick your play, 2nd option WR.
    i dont know i think clark had a better preseason, he has the ability to go all the way and is about the same size as walker. we saw in preseason that he can make grabs over the middle. he has good hands and speed, just something about martinez makes me think he wont be good
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Etho View Post
    Well since hearing about this news the first thing that popped into my head was the hope too see tony more involved in the game plan. It seemed to me that he was healthy enough and also the fact that we have no proven #2 wide receiver. On sunday's game im hopin to see alot of tony out there taking some relief off of brandon.
    This was my first thought. I'd really like to see both TEs get more involved in the passing aspect of the game. I know Graham will likely have to block more, because the O-line is so dinged up.

But Tony is a great pass catcher, and Cutler likes having him out there.

And I agree with Cutlerfan. The only way to win this game is to have a shoot out. Score lots and often. Thats something we will have to do each game to win until the problems with the rush defense are fixed.

I just hope that Shanny doesnt remain conservative. He has never been before when it comes to playcalling. He just needs to take the risk and let his QB go for it! Use Henry enough to generate some play action.

Heck, use Henry for returning punts!

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

just one question....
    why you guys dont like Martinez as 3rd WR ????
    i just saw him in one game... and it was the las against SD... he made all of the catches that was thronw to him....

i just have 7 or 8 years watching football but.. i really want to know why you guys think Martinez is a horrible 3rd WR Choice.
    a new football ERA

Quote Originally Posted by sniperwolf View Post
    just one question....
    why you guys dont like Martinez as 3rd WR ????
    i just saw him in one game... and it was the las against SD... he made all of the catches that was thronw to him....

i just have 7 or 8 years watching football but.. i really want to know why you guys think Martinez is a horrible 3rd WR Choice.
    I was glad when they signed Martinez to the practice squad, he doesn't seem to be afraid of the ball, and he impressed me with his blocking skills in the pre-season.

I don't expect him to go out and perform like Javon, but he does provide some much needed depth.