Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

What a great response

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    This is so stupid, player like Travis can smoke weed and still be favorable in denver and Mike Bell has had nothing but good things to say about his childhood dream team, and he's out of favor? None of these moves will get to the heart of the problem with this team anyway, a 5th round pick is gonna save us? I hate this why cant we trade henry who has more value, for a DT and plug in Selvin and Mike Bell for the Rb situation
    Whay would a great guy like Mike Bell fall out of favor? Cecil Sapp, Mike bell, and Selvin Young can get the job done. Javon walker, Brandon Marshal, Brandon Stockley, Daniel Graham, Tony Scheffler, and Rod Smith will take the heat off the running game. Put in Mike Bell (he is not a Qentin Griffin). get rid of Travis Henry he is bad for the team. Mike Shanahan has put together a good solid running arsenal and air attack, just use it for the love of pete.

Quote Originally Posted by goucho141 View Post
    Whay would a great guy like Mike Bell fall out of favor? Cecil Sapp, Mike bell, and Selvin Young can get the job done. Javon walker, Brandon Marshal, Brandon Stockley, Daniel Graham, Tony Scheffler, and Rod Smith will take the heat off the running game. Put in Mike Bell (he is not a Qentin Griffin). get rid of Travis Henry he is bad for the team. Mike Shanahan has put together a good solid running arsenal and air attack, just use it for the love of pete.
    There is NOTHING in those articles about the Broncos "shopping" Mike Bell, and NOTHING about Tatum Bell coming back to Denver.

All that is said is that Mike Bell "appears to have fallen out of favor" so the Bucs MIGHT be able to get him, and the other article states that Tatum Bell "might" be on the trading block. It does not say one single word about Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny1 View Post
    There is NOTHING in those articles about the Broncos "shopping" Mike Bell, and NOTHING about Tatum Bell coming back to Denver.

All that is said is that Mike Bell "appears to have fallen out of favor" so the Bucs MIGHT be able to get him, and the other article states that Tatum Bell "might" be on the trading block. It does not say one single word about Denver.
    It actually does mention that Tatum may be Denver bound...did you ready the whole thing or skim?

What about signing Wali Lundy?

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Yeah, he puts the ball in the endzone when he's not getting caught from behind by a defensive lineman. And Im not sure why you quote me. I said nothing about his concussion. I realize that he has groupies like you but if they really saw value in him, why has he been demoted to fullback? The guy doesnt run behind his pads enough to be a power runner and hes not fast enough otherwise. If we can get a 5th Rd pick for this UFA that would be great.
    I agree. Trade him and get apick out of it.
    MBell runs with no power. Stockpile picks

As ineffective as Mike Bell is, it would be horrible karma for us to trade away a lifetime Bronco fan. Terrell Davis gave this guy his number for a reason. As painful as it is to say, keep him

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuture6 View Post
    As ineffective as Mike Bell is, it would be horrible karma for us to trade away a lifetime Bronco fan. Terrell Davis gave this guy his number for a reason. As painful as it is to say, keep him
    Hold on, selvin is in the same position that Mike bell was in last year, undrafted and flew up the depth chart due to "potential" you can tell me Bell isnt worth anything one year later. If he was worthless why would we release KJ and switch Mike to that spot why would we not just move cecil and keep KJ then just release mike. Mike runs with just as much power as Henry, and is more agile than Henry, plus he wouyldnt be a distraction
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    Hold on, selvin is in the same position that Mike bell was in last year, undrafted and flew up the depth chart due to "potential" you can tell me Bell isnt worth anything one year later. If he was worthless why would we release KJ and switch Mike to that spot why would we not just move cecil and keep KJ then just release mike. Mike runs with just as much power as Henry, and is more agile than Henry, plus he wouyldnt be a distraction
    Listen, I like Mike Bell. He seems like a good kid and is a decent back. But he's nothing special. He's a solid backup.

He does NOT run with as much power as Henry, not even close. What games have you been watching?

Bell is not a power back, Henry is. Mike goes down on a lot of first hits. Henry consistently breaks tackles and rarely goes down on a the first hit. Mike runs way too upright. Henry runs with a great lean and has a low center of gravity. Henry is also faster than Bell.

I do not approve of what's happening with Travis Henry but it's completely inane to suggest that we're better off with Mike Bell than Henry, at least not from an on-the-field perspective.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    Listen, I like Mike Bell. He seems like a good kid and is a decent back. But he's nothing special. He's a solid backup.

He does NOT run with as much power as Henry, not even close. What games have you been watching?

Bell is not a power back, Henry is. Mike goes down on a lot of first hits. Henry consistently breaks tackles and rarely goes down on a the first hit. Mike runs way too upright. Henry runs with a great lean and has a low center of gravity. Henry is also faster than Bell.

I do not approve of what's happening with Travis Henry but it's completely inane to suggest that we're better off with Mike Bell than Henry, at least not from an on-the-field perspective.
    I would compare Bell to Chris Brown kind of guy. He has power, but doesn't run with it consistantly due to lean and not being able to make defenders not hit the center of his body.

He has good shiftyness, cuts back well, can make a guy miss in the open field occasionally, and doesn't get stuffed too often.

While I don't think Bell is as good or better than Henry, I think if he was given a shot he could be a 1200 yard, 10 TD guy.

i like bell and dont feel he was given a big chance to succed, but right now we really could use more draft picks and FB is not that important of position

i do think that if tatum comes back he would be the perfect backup for henry, but honestly i know it wont happen,
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    i like bell and dont feel he was given a big chance to succed, but right now we really could use more draft picks and FB is not that important of position

i do think that if tatum comes back he would be the perfect backup for henry, but honestly i know it wont happen,
    I couldnt disagree more for a couple of reasons. 1) Im not really THAT impressed with Bell. 2) Great/very good RBs have enough of a wow factor that they create their own opportunity. The fact that he has to be "given" the opportunity and doesnt create it for himself is a big reason why guys like me arent enamored with him.

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    I couldnt disagree more for a couple of reasons. 1) Im not really THAT impressed with Bell. 2) Great/very good RBs have enough of a wow factor that they create their own opportunity. The fact that he has to be "given" the opportunity and doesnt create it for himself is a big reason why guys like me arent enamored with him.
    i never said he was good or great, i simply said i liked him, thats all nothign more than that. however i think with having 5-6 rbs competing in camp, it hard to judge them all evenly. most teams know their starter and probably even backup by the time camp comes and it usually wont change. however shany play these games with them and 4-5 of those guys were right in the mix for 2nd string. Young just happened to win it and i do like him more than bell in the long run, and ive made mention before that if bel would get lower he could be pretty good, but like the rest of the team he failed to change what is needed in oreder to win

but if hes not gonna cut it as a FB and wont play RB i say let him go
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    i never said he was good or great, i simply said i liked him, thats all nothign more than that. however i think with having 5-6 rbs competing in camp, it hard to judge them all evenly. most teams know their starter and probably even backup by the time camp comes and it usually wont change. however shany play these games with them and 4-5 of those guys were right in the mix for 2nd string. Young just happened to win it and i do like him more than bell in the long run, and ive made mention before that if bel would get lower he could be pretty good, but like the rest of the team he failed to change what is needed in oreder to win

but if hes not gonna cut it as a FB and wont play RB i say let him go
    Cool~~~~~~

Bring backs

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler2007 View Post
    When has Shanny ever brought a guy back? Only guy I can think of is Willie Middlebrooks after the 49ers cut him, but never traded for one.
    He brought back Ian Gold from Tampa Bay.