Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

One Bell on the Way Out While Another One May Return

Mike Bell is being shopped to the Bucs

full Article: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/oct...s/?sports-bucs

"Mike Bell, an undrafted second-year pro out of Arizona, has seemingly fallen out of favor in Denver. He almost certainly would come cheaper than Turner, and he could provide the same kind of return."

Tatum Bell May Be Traded Bak To Denver

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 12:28 p.m. EDT, October 9, 2007

LIONS COULD TRADE TATUM BELL by Michael David Smith

The Lions and Broncos have already worked out one trade this year involving running back Tatum Bell, who was sent to Detroit in the off-season, along with offensive lineman George Foster, in exchange for cornerback Dre' Bly.

But could the Lions now trade Bell back to the Broncos?

David Birkett of the Oakland Press reports that Lions coach Rod Marinelli is using this week's bye to evaluate the running back rotation, and that with Kevin Jones and T.J. Duckett both getting healthier, Bell might be the odd man out. The Broncos, of course, would lose their starting running back if Travis Henry loses in his current bid to avoid a one-year NFL suspension, and they might be interested in acquiring a back who already knows the offense.

"I like it here," Bell told Birkett. "I like it where we're going. I think we're building, we got something special. I want to be a part of this, but if it don't work out I just got to move on."

Bell has started all five games this season, but he is clearly being phased out of the offense. On Sunday he never got the ball in the second half.

"We got to be the only team in the league where the starting running back don't even play the whole second half," Bell said. "I don't know if they're trying to tell me something or what."

If the Lions do try to trade Bell, they could also get interest from the Buccaneers, who have lost Cadillac Williams for the season and Michael Pittman for six to eight weeks.

The NFL trade deadline is 4 p.m. October 16

I say trade Mike Bell for a 5th round pick and then give Detroit that 5th rounder for Tatum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    I say trade Mike Bell for a 5th round pick and then give Detroit that 5th rounder for Tatum.
    GOOD IDEA! AND HEY!! nice job of posting BOTH the article AND the link!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Makes for such an easy read. I as well as most posters love to just get it all in one post. I thought the other thread had 2 different posts after i read your THenry not getting suspended thread. it starts to get confusing. Some of us can only jump back and forth from the site back to work or school and our systems are not that fast, sorry to be such a biiiiaaaatchhhhhh!

I understand us trading away Mike Bell, but if Travis isnt getting suspended why would we need Tatum? Just for insurance if Travis fails a test later on down the road or what?
    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Quote Originally Posted by dandaman23 View Post
    I understand us trading away Mike Bell, but if Travis isnt getting suspended why would we need Tatum? Just for insurance if Travis fails a test later on down the road or what?
    Yea, just in case if he does actually get suspended for it.

What I find odd is that we could just use Selvin with Mike rotating in instead of doing the same with Tatum. Sure you lose speed, but you won't lose fumbles either.

Quote Originally Posted by dandaman23 View Post
    Why would we need Tatum even Henry gets suspended? Bell's fast, but he really wasn't consistent last year for us and I doubt that going to Detroit for a few months is going to have changed that. He still isn't the sort of runner that excels in this system.

Maybe he's the best of what we can get at this point, though. Personally, I think if he comes back and becomes our starter, a season that is already on the brink of getting away from us will totally go down the drain. And if the season is basically over before it's even half way finished, why not just stick in the young guys and let them get a feel for the game?

With T.Bell, it's been there, done that. It didn't really work the first time he was our feature back, I doubt it will the second.

PS: As a change of pace back, I'm all for him being here. So long as he's only carrying the ball around 15 times, I think he would work just fine for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    Yea, just in case if he does actually get suspended for it.

What I find odd is that we could just use Selvin with Mike rotating in instead of doing the same with Tatum. Sure you lose speed, but you won't lose fumbles either.
    Mike Bell for DT Ryan Sims straight up! Done deal! OR....a 5th round pick in this years draft. fine.

the chargers would not go for it but the broncos should try to get turner... he is being wasted behind LT. Even after henrys suspension im not to sure shay would deal with him. Shanny is pretty high on character so this could be it for henry if he gets suspended.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Tatum Bell... again?

No.

I'm all for trading M Bell if we can get some value, but for God's sake don't bring back Tatum "Fumble Drill" Bell

This is so stupid, player like Travis can smoke weed and still be favorable in denver and Mike Bell has had nothing but good things to say about his childhood dream team, and he's out of favor? None of these moves will get to the heart of the problem with this team anyway, a 5th round pick is gonna save us? I hate this why cant we trade henry who has more value, for a DT and plug in Selvin and Mike Bell for the Rb situation
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    This is so stupid, player like Travis can smoke weed and still be favorable in denver and Mike Bell has had nothing but good things to say about his childhood dream team, and he's out of favor? None of these moves will get to the heart of the problem with this team anyway, a 5th round pick is gonna save us? I hate this why cant we trade henry who has more value, for a DT and plug in Selvin and Mike Bell for the Rb situation
    Although I agree with this 100%, sadly the NFL is a business.

Mike Bell deserves to be on this team just as much as the next guy... but he isn't doing a whole lot.

It's really hard for me to watch him play FB. He just doesn't have a blocking mentality.

I doubt he even likes playing FB.

He had 677 yards rushing as an UFA rookie!

And as of right now.. .Travis Henry is our #1 offensive player.

It would be hard to trade away all of those yards to an unproven rookie.

Trade Mike Bell to Tampa for ML Jeremiah Trotter , trade or release LB Gold, Sign Free Agent FB Kyle Johnson (before seahawks pick him up)

Start Trotter at ML, move D.J Williams to Weakside LB, bench Webster and start D.D Lewis at Strongside LB, Start Amon Gordon and Marcus Thomas at DT, Start Rice and Elvis at D-End, Move Lynch to Strong Safety, start Abdullah at Free Safety.

Start Johnson at FB , keep Sapp as a FB/RB backup, keep riding Henry untill he is gone then divide the carries between the two rookies Young and Hall and mix in some Sapp for good measure. Do not trade for T.Bell, both young and hall are speedy backs if anything try to get T.J Duckett for a 5th round pick to make up for the loss of Henry's power running if he is out a year or cut.

all this is depending on the health of the players, both Rice and Abdullah are still dinged up but may be ready by the end of the bye week.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I wouldn't mind this Mike bell does not scare teams Tatum Bell does especially in our system, Tatum is a great change of pace back, although I do like Selvin Young too. I bet this is just incase Henry does do something stupid again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Rob View Post

Very smart. Shanny should give you a call for coffee and then we could get our D situation handled too
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 10-09-2007 at 01:29 PM.