Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    I think we might have this one Lord..
    Maybe it's teaching your players not to shake hands at the end of a loss that makes him classy.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Maybe it's teaching your players not to shake hands at the end of a loss that makes him classy.
    Or letting his players dance and mock other teams.

Classy.

I'm hoping the 1st post is an over reaction.

I cant say I agree with the comparison of Henry and Pacman, I mean C'mon.....

Or letting his players dance and mock other teams.

Classy.
    Well, they were mocking the classy steroid abuser.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Well, they were mocking the classy steroid abuser.
    Who is also a teammate of another steroid abuser!

Okay, I'll stop now.

I'm still waiting for since1977....

"Spy glasses".

Quote Originally Posted by goucho141 View Post
    Travis Henry is a degenerate and a drug addict. He does noy deserve to play for the Broncos. I do nto want my children thinking it is ok to smoke pot, impregnate women, and refuse to pay child support. But if winning means everything regardless of character then all is lost and not worth watching..
    Well hopefully you don't teach your children to judge people they don't know based upon facts that they do not completely know the truth behind. It could be all true, however don't try the high and mighty card when you yourself could be incorrect.

What if..... He didn't smoke pot, it was a false failure... I HAVE seen this in real life!

Maybe... just maybee there is more to the story with the 9 women. Maybe they want an outrageous amount and he said no.... or whatever there are alot of possibilities with this one that I won't touch!

All I am saying is that it is hard to judge someone like this when we just don't know!

Another point is.... The commish has suspended people that have not been proven guilty, yet nothing has happened to Travis.... maybe there is more to this
    We need nasty

Who is also a teammate of another steroid abuser!

Okay, I'll stop now.

I'm still waiting for since1977....

"Spy glasses".
    Now that was quite funny! I think the Chargers can deal it but can't take it when it comes to that!
    We need nasty

Second hand smoke

Quote Originally Posted by SBAlki View Post
    Well hopefully you don't teach your children to judge people they don't know based upon facts that they do not completely know the truth behind. It could be all true, however don't try the high and mighty card when you yourself could be incorrect.

What if..... He didn't smoke pot, it was a false failure... I HAVE seen this in real life!

Maybe... just maybee there is more to the story with the 9 women. Maybe they want an outrageous amount and he said no.... or whatever there are alot of possibilities with this one that I won't touch!

All I am saying is that it is hard to judge someone like this when we just don't know!

Another point is.... The commish has suspended people that have not been proven guilty, yet nothing has happened to Travis.... maybe there is more to this
    I love how people try to rationalize deviant behavior. In order for a person to gain the level of concentration that the test considers a positive, one must breath a hit in heavily. Passive inhalation is a myth. Eating poppy seeds is a myth. It would take someone eating a living room full of poppy seeds to get within the threshold. A person in his capacity that has children looking up to him should not be in a crowd of dopers. So imagine a room full of Bronco players with an average salary in the millions. They live in Parker Colorado with a Million dollar mortgage, kids in a private school, driving a BMW, and funding a foundation. Do you think for one moment these guys smoke pot and knock up women as a matter of course? So, if Mr. Henry finds himself in a group of dopers, he must remove himself immediately. We expect the same from our athletes in Junior High and High school. His desire to "get high" overrides his sense of duty to himself and his team mates. He needs to be held accountable. Mothers and fathers will not allow their children to watch this man play in Denver. No matter how good you are, you are still subject to the standards of descency. Hence, a fella like Mike Bell who lives eats breaths Broncos, who may not e quite as good is a mutch better candidate, for the team will work harder for him. In summation get rid of Henry and move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by since1977 View Post
    You CANT win with classless thugs and that's been seen. Look @ Cincy. Now, look at NE and Indy. Their players are classy. When we won the SB, we had character guys, too. The 49ers were good too. If we become the Portland Jailblazers or the Bengals we won't win.
    lol @ NE being loaded with "classy players".

Like Harrison, who was suspended for the first 4 games for steroids? The Coach that was fined $500k for cheating? But at least all of the free agents they picked up are classy. Like Randy Moss, who has admitted in several interviews he STILL smokes pot?

But the Superbowl winning Broncos did it with complete class down the 53 man roster. Like Romonowski, who has admitted to using steroids, knocked a QB out for an entire season in the preseason with a vicious helmet-to-jaw hit, spit in an opponent's face on national TV, and admitted to breaking an opponent's finger because he could.

If you think that any team is completely stocked with the type of player that are portrayed on the United Way commercials, you are living in some fantasy land.

I agree with you all except the creator of this thread. Btw, we turned down TO because we wanted Javon. He is just as productive, and alot younger, and is a great guy.

innocent until proven guilty. Best part of america.

"I" believe he prolly did smoke, but if they cant prove he did, its not fair to punish him. Thankfully in our system accusations arent proof of guilt.

Why don't the Broncos suspend Henry? The season is a wash. Why should he fight for this year? Why did Shanny, being the brilliant GM turn down T.O. but take Henry? I mean, it's obvious that his brains lack complete function. Repeat mistakes are this guys trademark for which he may get a copyright. In fact, he may rival Tyson. It should have been apparent the guy is trouble...not in the locker room, but the kind of trouble that means you can't depend on him being on your team b/c he'll get the boot by the NFL.

After one kid is born, you think he'd get the picture. Maybe after two. By three you think he could figure out what it is that is creating these babies, but 9? It's RIDICULOUS. If I was one strike from a 1 year suspension, I think I would stay away from........drugs? Is that what causes you to fail a drug test? You mean, they might test me again? Why? When you've got a team paying you tons of money, a career and a team depending on you how do you possibly do that unless your absolutely retarded or Darryl Strawberry?

And we're surprised? I hope not. The guy has the kind of issues that only common sense and self-control can fix and he's not demonstrated that before to any degree. I hope he gets suspended and we move on. Players like him don't deserve what they've wasted. Didn't they just have a thing where players are supposed to watch who they're with. So, even if it was second hand toke...it's still absolutely stupid. Send him to the CFL.

I guarantee he's one of those guys like Ricky Williams, Pac Man, Strawberry who never get their act together b/c for some reason they can't & won't no matter how sorry they are. I hope we've figured that out. Character does matter and a guy who won't pay for his mistakes or the kids he's sired is selfish and shows he will never be what he needs to be. You can mess up and learn, but all he's learned is to keep messing up.

Let's get a real GM and not some guy who thinks he's one.
    Are you sure you're not a Raiders fan??? Unintelligent pointless thread......

b/c it's ILLEGAL and will get you tossed & suspended!! That leaves a gaping hole in team. It jeopardizes the season for all the players and fans. When Kellen Winslow violated his contract to ride his motorcycle that was the same thing of selfishness that hurts the team. This stuff is in a contract that they sign. So apparently keeping their word and doing EVERYTHING they can to win doesn't mean much to you.

You CAN:T play hard every sunday when you're toking and breaking the league rules. That's idiotic. How's he going to do that when the league suspends him. Maybe you should have read the rest.
    YOU DO realize that if Henry loses his case against the NFL the league will suspend him for a year (16 games)? In that case he's gone from the Broncos for good (according to Shanahan)! Will that satisfy you or are you willfully ignorant?

If he's NOT guilty, then he's NOT going to be suspended and the NFLPA would have a field day suing the Broncos if they suspended Henry (Not that Shanahan is that stupid -- he's already said Henry stays until he's found guilty by the league).

Shanahan doesn't have to do anything at all. The league will resolve this case in court one way or another. You're presuming he's guilty. Well, that is yet to be determined by the courts. He's innocent until proven guilty and that hasn't happened yet!
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

I didn't start at the front of this, so if I'm repeating something already said, GET OVER IT!

But I'm glad Shanny & co had the foresight to write in some stipulations into his contract.

His $6mil contract being broken down into segments, instead of being paid out all at once.

This could have saved them immeasurable time/money, should Thenry be found guilty, and lost.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!