Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bates motel / Bates wrong guy (Merged)

this bates guy i didnt like from the start. every week he says the same bs, our defense is making progress. what a bunch of crock. our lb suck hard core, dj is no mlb i dont care "where our favorite broncos are going for the 4 days off" i care about what the hell they are gonna do about football. is it just me or the broncos not really acting as if this season is in jeapordy. this is sad, it seems as if the defense doesnt give it their all. .......so this is what it feels like to be a raider fan

i think once we eliminate teh big play we will be a lot better off, i know he said somethign about that. however that is the trick, i honestly am beggining to feel that this is a growing year. DJ at MLB needs more than 5 games to understan the new position and the new scheme, the line has just been terrible, hopefully thomas gets in more, i like his presence and his motivation to prove something
    -------

Bates Motel

i don't think that bates is the problem the broncos do not have the personnel to play bates's defense. that is shannys and sundquists responsibility (and they have failed miserably) he has been successful turning miami's woeful defense around and he did the same in green bay, the broncos need to get the players and they miss al wilson more than they will ever admit!

.......so this is what it feels like to be a raider fan
    They have a defense!

Sorry I could not help myself.
    http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2...nmelo01fc3.jpg Thanks WhiteDragon!

Colorado Rockies Fan From The Begining
    Go Lobos! CFB: New Mexico Bowl Champs! MBB: (22-7, 9-5)
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Quote Originally Posted by richardthebronco View Post
    i don't think that bates is the problem the broncos do not have the personnel to play bates's defense. that is shannys and sundquists responsibility (and they have failed miserably) he has been successful turning miami's woeful defense around and he did the same in green bay, the broncos need to get the players and they miss al wilson more than they will ever admit!
    I'm sorry, but what your saying must be clear as mud.

"You had one year to overhaul the defense to fit bate's scheme, Shanahan. You failed, for that your fired!"

Hello? I think its a good sign when all of the first day picks were given to Bates to do with as he wanted. Maybe Shanahan is doing everything he can? It's not like the other 31 teams are going to bend over backwards to help out. This is a dog eat dog league. We are rebuilding. What a testimony to this team that we can remain competitive despite all the change and difficult circumstances thrown in our path. This season is long from over bud.

Next season looks even better than this one! That's a sign of a great franchise. Please hop on board or just plain leave.

P.S. Do you honestly think Shanahan and Bates wanted Wilson to get injured and leave? Ofcourse they miss him. But they just can't go out and say so because that would acknowledge that Williams is struggling. What a way to build up a players confidence. Go out and say how much you miss the old guy... For crying out loud... You act as if Shanahan is trying to make the Broncos lose!
    Last edited by hardcorebronco; 10-11-2007 at 12:15 PM.

"Tough times don't last, tough people do" ~Mike Shanahan

A few thoughts;

By week 5 defensively,we should be a helluva lot better than this.

This is a coaching problem, not a player problem.

You have to coach to your players strengths, we are not doing that, not even close.

You have an obligation to your players as head coach to evaluate coaches and if they are not getting the job done....you replace them just like you would a player, it is a credibility issue.

To say he turned around the Packers is wrong, he improved the pass defense, his run defense was still 23rd in the league.

In closing, if Bates isn't getting it done, find someone that can, hell, I could get rid of all the confusion in 1 easy lesson, 6 go after the rb/qb, 5 drop into coverage, wow, that was tough.
    Last edited by Superchop7; 10-11-2007 at 02:22 PM.

Admit your wrong

What does it take for people in the Bronco's organization or the Bronco's board to admit they are wrong ???

I am listening from people I have known for a long time......people that wanted change.......then they got change.......now......I get lies, I get justification......

Suck it up....be a man....cut ties....

You were on the right track, it's just the wrong guy.

Either you understand defense.....or you don't.

i'm sorry....did i miss something

that went WAY over my head

Your a chargerfan......fingerpainting gets over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by DoJo Chargerfan View Post
    i'm sorry....did i miss something

that went WAY over my head
    This thread makes no sense...and furthermore chocolate easter bunny!

Bates is a mole of Al Davis.

bates motel < cheap-o motel

I was driving down the road in my 4-wheel drive canoe, when the front left table fell off. How many knives are there in a jelly jar? Blue! There are no bones in milk.

T777
    "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Superchop7 View Post
    What does it take for people in the Bronco's organization or the Bronco's board to admit they are wrong ???

I am listening from people I have known for a long time......people that wanted change.......then they got change.......now......I get lies, I get justification......

Suck it up....be a man....cut ties....

You were on the right track, it's just the wrong guy.
    I'm a little afraid but going to try a translation:

People wanted rid of Coyer. We did that now the defense sucks.

We got rid of Plummer and now a rookie is our QB.

We needed to work on defense so we went out and got Bly among others.

So we made some changes and we are not winning games.

This is a team refinding itself and attempting to be competitive while getting beat up along the way.

Am I even close?
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***