Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Henry to argue he's victim of secondhand pot

Henry to argue he's victim of secondhand pot

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=101206&spln=1

Travis Henry - RB - DEN - Oct. 12 - 8:40 am et

The Denver Post reports Travis Henry's case regarding a failed drug test is expected to revolve around low levels of THC found in his urine sample.
    Henry will argue that he was subject to secondhand marijuana smoke and will submit hair samples and take a lie detector test. Many in the NFL expect him to lose his battle in court, but see it as a potential landmark victory if Henry can pull it off. He's fully expected to be available to play until November. Oct. 12 - 8:40 am et
    Source: Denver Post
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Again, I supervised a drug and alcohol treatment center. So I'm not lying when I say this...

You would have to be in a Volkswagen Beetle for up to 12 hours, doing nothing but inhaling 2nd hand marijuana smoke, in order for it to even have a chance to show up on a UA at a testable level.

If this is his argument, I'm even more disappointed in him.

I talk to a woman that I work with who does testing for drugs in the military and she also says you'd have to be in a very closed enviroment for a long period of time with no ventalation to come up positive. But who knows stranger things have happen.

This sounds like an impeccable defense. NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I would be more disappointed if he delievered a hair sample and took a lie detector test, knowing that he was guilty.

If that were to be the result he is stupid enough to deserve some kind of punishment.

Still, I hope he speaks the truth and gets off any kind of suspension. In fact I may be naive enough to believe it.

Another solid excuse Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
    I would be more disappointed if he delievered a hair sample and took a lie detector test, knowing that he was guilty.

If that were to be the result he is stupid enough to deserve some kind of punishment.

Still, I hope he speaks the truth and gets off any kind of suspension. In fact I may be naive enough to believe it.
    Think about this logic...

He's already a two-time offender, which tells you off the bat he has a problem laying off the weed. After getting a chance with the Broncos and getting guaranteed money, he puts himself in a position where he, admittingly, is around people who are smoking weed.

Even if you believe that a two-time offender would hang out with a bunch of people who are smoking weed and he's not, he was still stupid enough to put himself in that position, when he only had to wait a few weeks and his slate would have been wiped clean.

He's an idiot no matter how you slice it. But I'm telling you that you cannot get contact high, especially one that shows up on a UA at a testable level.

Second-hand pot? Sounds like a second-hand truth to me

Also, about him giving a hair sample/submitting to a polygraph test...

Hair samples only work if the length of the hair is long enough to test. The longer the hair, the further back you can go as far as determining if a person used drugs. If the person has shaved their head or constantly cuts it (i.e. Britney Spears), then it's virtually impossible to get a valid drug test from a hair sample, especially if the last use was over 30 days ago.

As far as a lie detector test...they're good but they're not perfect. People can beat a lie detector test, which is why they're not admissable in court.

I don't need any more information than this excuse he's apparently using. If his defense is contact high, then he's as good as gone.

Hope hes telling the truth and he doesnt get suspended, who gives a sh*t if he smokes or not. look into the history of marijuana laws in america, they are about the most useless/politicaly motivated laws in the US. Nixon just needed something to arrest hippies for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HidEmu View Post
    Hope hes telling the truth and he doesnt get suspended, who gives a sh*t if he smokes or not. look into the history of marijuana laws in america, they are about the most useless/politicaly motivated laws in the US. Nixon just needed something to arrest hippies for!!!
    Yeah, because smoking weed has never led to other, more serious substance abuse ...

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Again, I supervised a drug and alcohol treatment center. So I'm not lying when I say this...

You would have to be in a Volkswagen Beetle for up to 12 hours, doing nothing but inhaling 2nd hand marijuana smoke, in order for it to even have a chance to show up on a UA at a testable level.

I'm sorry but you can't know this. Since pot is illegal in the united states there have been no studies done on long term/short term effects of second hand smoke. The only evidence we can derive from second hand pot is what we know about second hand tobacco and even that is pretty slim about what we really know. There has been no research where a guy locked himself in a car for 12 hours where he tested clean before the incident and then positive after. It would take multiple tests of multiple clean people sitting in a car locked up incrementally by the hour for such a test to work.

This is an old argument and a wive's tale. It survives because pot is "evil" and illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSteele View Post
    I'm sorry but you can't know this. Since pot is illegal in the united states there have been no studies done on long term/short term effects of second hand smoke. The only evidence we can derive from second hand pot is what we know about second hand tobacco and even that is pretty slim about what we really know. There has been no research where a guy locked himself in a car for 12 hours where he tested clean before the incident and then positive after. It would take multiple tests of multiple clean people sitting in a car locked up incrementally by the hour for such a test to work.

This is an old argument and a wive's tale. It survives because pot is "evil" and illegal.
    Um, yes I do know this.

I worked with a UA lab very closely for four years. We had guys argue positive UAs all the time, and when called upon to testify at a revocation hearing, that was the argument the lab would use.

Obviously, no one has ever been locked in a Volkswagen for 12 hours with 2nd hand marijuana. But the analogy is correct, whether you choose to believe it or not.

anyone remember the trailblazer player who tried to smuggle his pot through the airport....wrapped in tin foil? lol

Dime bag Henry is on his way out of Denver. This is unfortunate but I hope Mike S. has learned yet another lesson in hiring thugs.