Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If you've been paying any attention to the amount of LB's the Broncos have bought in for workouts lately, you'd know they're considering EVERY option too.

That most likely includes starting from scratch....

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    The concern was you dont know how it will play out with DJ and scenario 2 isnt even realistic. Wheeler is slotted to go in Rd 1. To assume you can get him in Rd 2 is erroneous based on what the consensus seems to be.
    What consensus? If James Laurinaitis & Rey Maualuga both declare then I seriously doubt Wheeler goes before #40. When was the last time 4 ILB went in round one? Hall, Bell and Goff are there too. With that much depth at MLB I can see a lot of teams going another direction in the first and looking ILB in round two.

It is still to early to tell I agree, but what is the point of discussion if not to talk about these players and how they would help our team.

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    If you've been paying any attention to the amount of LB's the Broncos have bought in for workouts lately, you'd know they're considering EVERY option too.

That most likely includes starting from scratch....
    I completely agree that something needs to be done about LB but something also needs to be done about DT.

BTW, has anyone seen much of Trevor Laws? That dude is stout and theyre doting on him having a good season as an ILB. He's not fast but as an ILB he could be an interesting prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler2007 View Post
    What consensus? If James Laurinaitis & Rey Maualuga both declare then I seriously doubt Wheeler goes before #40. When was the last time 4 ILB went in round one? Hall, Bell and Goff are there too. With that much depth at MLB I can see a lot of teams going another direction in the first and looking ILB in round two.

It is still to early to tell I agree, but what is the point of discussion if not to talk about these players and how they would help our team.
    So you estimate that we'll be drafting at #8 or 9 (since NE forfeits a pick leaving 31 picks in Rd 1?)? I still think well get a DT in Rd 2 and like I said, we dont even know what we need yet. DT is the bigger concern anyway.

So you estimate that we'll be drafting at #8 or 9 (since NE forfeits a pick leaving 31 picks in Rd 1?)? I still think well get a DT in Rd 2 and like I said, we dont even know what we need yet. DT is the bigger concern anyway.
    Not sure where we will draft, but Im guessing between 12-20 at this point. There is still so much that can happen before draft time, hell the combine can move a player from a third rounder to a late first (or vise versa).

I'm just looking at players I like and what we need. IMO we need 2 talented LBs on this team and I think the "value pick" would be at that position in round two where a LB that would normally go 1st round most years slides do to an overabundance.

There is still time, but I just do not see any DT in round two that knocks my socks off and that screams of reach to me. However there may be a couple guys that do establish themselves, we will see.

I completely agree that something needs to be done about LB but something also needs to be done about DT.

BTW, has anyone seen much of Trevor Laws? That dude is stout and theyre doting on him having a good season as an ILB. He's not fast but as an ILB he could be an interesting prospect.

DT position first, imo. Unless, like you've said before, the Broncos can get their type of run-clogger only DT's in the 2nd round and lower...

And I almost never watch Notre Dame...Only when they play Michigan...