View Poll Results: Which would you rather have - a World Series win or a playoff berth for the Broncos?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • World Series - Go Rockies!

26 32.50%
  • Playoff Berth - Go Broncos!

53 66.25%
  • Rockies and Broncos suck! It's all about the Avalanche and Lord Stanley, baby!!!

1 1.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I am not a baseball fan anymore, its all about the Broncos for me so I would have to say a playoff berth!!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Post it to Mr Shanahan and Bowlen,
    Take a lesson from the Monfort brothers, big name free agents dont win championships, drafting and homegrown players do, up till this season id like to think they did do that, but for some reason they lost patience last off season and thought it best to go out and spend big, which has got us exactly no where. In the linux world, its gotten us to /dev/null or rather /bin/false.

Getting to and winning the World series is a much harder feat then any other championship in the sports world, just ask the cubs, mariners, rangers etc...

Ill take a World series in Denver any chance in my lifetime over a Bronco super bowl.
    I am football, I am fan, bronco fan i am.

[IMG]http://mediacast1.com/images/football/dstjohnsig5rb.jpg[/IMG]
    throwback sig by snk16

My Game Day at the studio
    [IMG]http://mediacast1.com/images/football/dstjohn_just-another-day-in-da-studio.gif[/IMG]

Much as I love the Broncos (and as little as I care about the Rockies), I think you always have to side with the Championship. Who cares if you make the playoffs - in the end, only one team is happy at the end of the year.
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ckdaDookie.png

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    I could give a f&&& about baseball, regardless of the team.

My favorite team in baseball is whoever's playing the Yankees.

I agree. Baseball is for "PAT" sies

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
    Much as I love the Broncos (and as little as I care about the Rockies), I think you always have to side with the Championship. Who cares if you make the playoffs - in the end, only one team is happy at the end of the year.
    Well, because if you're in the playoffs, you at least have a shot at being one of those 'happy' teams.

THe year has been too magical for the Boys of Destiny working at the RockPile! I'd rather the city/state have another guaranteed world champion than a chance at a world champion. Then again I prefer the bird in the hand to two in the bush.
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

I cant vote on this one.....I can remember the opener the first time the Colorado Rockies took the field at MILE HIGH. I am not an avid Baseball fan by far. I have been familiar with and loved the Broncos as far back as I can remeber and want them to have a shot at and win a SB every year if it was possible. However the fact is that the Rockies have definatly earned there slot in the WS. From what I understand and corect me if I am wrong they have won 21 games strait. If I also remember corectly they have never made it this far. I can not traid one for the other.......even if it was the nugetssss......I would have to feel the same way. They are a Colorado team, and that alone is enough for me.

Good Luck Rockies.....Go Win the WS

Go Broncos!! Lets get to the SB and WIN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilsstinkr View Post
    From what I understand and corect me if I am wrong they have won 21 games strait. If I also remember corectly they have never made it this far.
    It's 21 of past 22. They lost a game against the Dbacks before the season ended. I believe they are on a 13 game win streak right now (I may be off by a game or two.)

They did play in the post season back in '95 but quickly exited from October play that year. There have been no other post season appearances by the Rockies until this year.
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

i could care less about the rockies im an INDIANS FAN!!!!!!! so the broncos are much more important besides the tribe and boston are in a league way above the rockies

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
    THe year has been too magical for the Boys of Destiny working at the RockPile! I'd rather the city/state have another guaranteed world champion than a chance at a world champion. Then again I prefer the bird in the hand to two in the bush.
    Thanks I know my Bronco facts way better then the Rockies...
    But I am happy for them..

Quote Originally Posted by cutler=wins View Post
    i could care less about the rockies im an INDIANS FAN!!!!!!! so the broncos are much more important besides the tribe and boston are in a league way above the rockies
    Yes, Boston, a team that went 1-2 against the Rox (and it almost was 0-3), at home, is leagues ahead of them.

Check the stats. While the AL has dominated the NL, one team has had consistant success against the AL, and that would be the Rockies.

To be on topic though, I want both.

besides the tribe and boston are in a league way above the rockies
    Someone from your time zone would think that, because coverage of the Rockies is almost non-existent on the easter,central time zones.

But make no mistake, it will be the Indians vs the Rockies, and you guys will learn very quickly about the Rockies.
    I am football, I am fan, bronco fan i am.

[IMG]http://mediacast1.com/images/football/dstjohnsig5rb.jpg[/IMG]
    throwback sig by snk16

My Game Day at the studio
    [IMG]http://mediacast1.com/images/football/dstjohn_just-another-day-in-da-studio.gif[/IMG]

Broncos are by far my favorite team, and if the vote was between a super bowl win vs. world series victory i would choose superbowl. But it was World series vs a playoff birth...give me a break, definitely the world series. Spread the winning wealth around! And what good is a playoff birth when you legitimately are most likely not going to win the super bowl, all it does is lower your draft pick...Go Broncos...but in a more intense way AT THIS MOMENT, GO ROCKIES
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]KEEP THE [COLOR="Navy"]BLUE [/COLOR]SIDE UP[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Mtdonkeyfan View Post
    I have been an avid broncos and red sox fan since the mid 70's and remember vividly when Denver got a MLB team and that day I decided to have a NL team and that team was the Rock's. Having been a sox fan for all those years before they got a ring it was just as satisfying as the Broncos getting their first ring. I have seen the Broncos in many a playoff game and its all fine and dandy but they wont win the super bowl so I would rather have the Rockies win the series rather than the broncos in the playoffs even if it comes at the expense of my Sox. Of course I never thought I would see the sox get a ring but since they got it already, I'm behind the Rockies all the way. GO ROCKS.
    Unlike you, I'm still going to pull for my Sox to win it all, so I voted for Broncos. Now if the Indians go to the WS, you can change my vote to the Rockies!

I also love baseball

I'm a huge baseball fan as well...Go Angels!!!
    I think the Rockies are way over there heads here
    Cleveland nad Boston are both way better teams than the Rockies
    I'm going for Cleveland ( I hate Boston ). I do hope Rockies do well
    and if they do win I will be happy for them. All I'm saying that they have a big challenge ahead of them