This season had a lot more promise than most recent seasons.

Is it me or did everyone else think that this season was going to be more promising than past seasons? We seemed to have addressed the issues that killed us last year, but they are worse now! Did bringing in guys like Bly and Henry kill our cap thus taking away from our front 7? Or is the fact that Al is gone and our D line is either an over the hill vet or a rookie have anything to do with it? And man did I ever think that Cutler was going to have huge numbers. And why are we so good on O until we get into our opponents territory? Is it play calling or our guys getting nervous? Sorry, that's a lot questions that are really statements I guess.

Honestly, I'm not surprised by the struggle we see going on. 70% new players on the team is hard enough to incorporate but we've also got a new QB and new DC. Add to that the void in leadership we've had on both sides of the ball (Rod & Al) I think it becomes quite clear that this year would be difficult at best.

From the end of preseason I've been convinced that we'll end the year somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. With our performance the past few weeks I anticipate an 8-8 end on this year.

Sometimes the best formula for success is adversity. If we have only 30% or 40% in player turnover next year, I think this team will be very strong and what we hoped for this year. In the end I think there's been just too much change to maintain the elite play we're accustomed to.
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

Everyone did.

They may say now they could see some struggles, and there are some posters that are exceptions, but on an average people were saying this should have been a superbowl competitive team.

I'll be watching and laughing at all the posters that come in here now and say "I knew we would struggle and it would take some time", but the fact is, if you would have told people that at this point we would be 2-3, 2 missed FG's away from 0-5, and not much promises to look forward too, people would have laughed in your face.

With all the new players, and new schemes, it's just taking longer than anticipated. There will be a turnaround in the next few weeks (hopefully this week) and then we'll be off and running as anticipated. I only hope it is soon enough to get ito the playoffs.

Guess you never know. I thought we would be unstoppable! I am not giving up yet but I thought at this point we would only have one loss to Indy..

Well you saw Shanahan's talk at the QB club in another thread where he said:

The linebackers "are taking longer than we expected" to adjust to the new defensive scheme in run support. The secondary is fine.
    The team has mediocre DTs (at best). They obviously thought that the LBs would be able to help out and fill the gaps, but that's not happening, so they're giving up big plays and that's killing the defense.

You notice that he commended the play of 3 DL: Moss, Crowder and Thomas. No mention of any other DT, because they are sucking big-time.

And the LBs aren't helping. DJ is not doing that great a job adjusting to playing the middle so far.

It will be interesting to see what changes they've made on defense during the bye week and whether it will help against Pittsburgh.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Im always filled with hope at the start of a season.I guess I felt better about this season due the FA the Broncos brought on board.
    I was also thrilled in having Jay Cutler as a starting QB.
    Although having some gloomy days in the last couple of weeks.I think the Broncos can still turn it around.I will not change my opinion until it is no longer possible.Im not worried about if im right or wrong on this matter.

I was happy with all the moves we made, but I had a omnimous feeling about this season.

Also, it just pisses me off that a team like the Patriots makes all these moves that actually make them better (Much better) and we make a bunch a moves that made us worse. It's disappointing to be sure.

Well, for some reason I feel as if this week has some promise.

Even though it is a very good team in Pitt I think we have the players and coaches to learn from our last game and be competitive. But our D line has got to make this happen.

I was not optimistic about this season at all. I thought we might be able to sneak into the playoffs but never had any delusions about contending for the Superbowl when the team had an obvious flaw. The defensive line was never going to be good enough to seriously compete. Not to mention expecting a team to seriously compete with a QB who had played all of 5 games was also very unrealistic.

I anticipated a season in the range of 7-9 to 9-7. I'm expecting much worse now though.
    Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9890/darrentwilliamstributebb3.jpg[/IMG]

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

[IMG]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5780/selyoinksig3yx.jpg[/IMG]

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

I have to admit that I was very optimistic. I assumed (wrongly) that the players acquired on the defense would be just enought to tweak it's short comings. Man, was I ever wrong! The defense has been totally trashed by the new 'scheme'. Those tweaks that I anticipated were only in my dreams. I never imagined that the defense could be this bad (and it IS bad, folks)!!

I also expected, even with a rookie QB, that the offense would be ultra high powered. I haven't given up on that hope, because I do see some glimmers of greatness. However, losing players to injury isn't going to help that any.

All in all, my optimism before the season has been dashed. I'll still watch every single game this season, and cheer them on to victory - hopefully. I've been a fan for 40+ years, so I'm not about to give up on my team now!!

This team has alot of problems....but anyone who expected alot of wins from a team with a new starting qb, and a new defensive coordinator........was dreaming.
    My 3 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team who plays Michigan

Also, it just pisses me off that a team like the Patriots makes all these moves that actually make them better (Much better) and we make a bunch a moves that made us worse. It's disappointing to be sure.

my feelings exactly.

I knew it was going to be ugly

Cmon folks - you couldn't see the writing on the wall? I hate to say I TOLD YOU SO, but-

1) You wreck team spirit and cohesion by publically betraying your starting QB before a Thanksgiving game. The team loyalty is split down the middle in the lockerroom when you KNOW that Shanahan should NOT START a ROOKIE. And have the team tell the press about it before telling Jake. Way to lift team spirit.
    2)Said rookie goes on to lose most of his starts, therefore season is lost and team does not get into playoffs. Once again, coach basically gave up on the teams season. Great morale booster
    3) Team loses 2 players to bizarre and morbid deaths in the off season. MAJOR HEARTBREAK TIME for all players and coaches. It's a dagger in the heart.
    4) Team loses team leaders like Plummer, Al Wilson to retirement and career ending injuries. Lose Larry Coyer in an obviously political move by the coach. Have to learn entire new defensive scheme and move players into positions they are not used to playing.
    5)Hire a bunch of mercanaries types to boost a defense that's ailing.

Hmm, yeah, that's a great set up for a team!! Now granted I was excited about Marshall, Walker, TE's and yes even what Jay could do. But obviously, there were HUGE WARNING signs here that this was going to be, to say the least, a DIFFICULT year for the BRonc's. Team morale was questionable months and months ago. Hope they can figure this mess out.

#TEBOWDOMINATES...Love Orange and Blue Gators and Broncos!

Jake Plummer will always be my #1 Quarterback!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeGirl View Post
    Cmon folks - you couldn't see the writing on the wall? I hate to say I TOLD YOU SO, but-

1) You wreck team spirit and cohesion by publically betraying your starting QB before a Thanksgiving game. The team loyalty is split down the middle in the lockerroom when you KNOW that Shanahan should NOT START a ROOKIE. And have the team tell the press about it before telling Jake. Way to lift team spirit.
    2)Said rookie goes on to lose most of his starts, therefore season is lost and team does not get into playoffs. Once again, coach basically gave up on the teams season. Great morale booster
    3) Team loses 2 players to bizarre and morbid deaths in the off season. MAJOR HEARTBREAK TIME for all players and coaches. It's a dagger in the heart.
    4) Team loses team leaders like Plummer, Al Wilson to retirement and career ending injuries. Lose Larry Coyer in an obviously political move by the coach. Have to learn entire new defensive scheme and move players into positions they are not used to playing.
    5)Hire a bunch of mercanaries types to boost a defense that's ailing.

Hmm, yeah, that's a great set up for a team!! Now granted I was excited about Marshall, Walker, TE's and yes even what Jay could do. But obviously, there were HUGE WARNING signs here that this was going to be, to say the least, a DIFFICULT year for the BRonc's. Team morale was questionable months and months ago. Hope they can figure this mess out.

i think your barbies are calling

1. jake was the 29 the rated qb at his benching, jake wasnt getting it done, no matter what anyoe says, jake also was 2-3 in his last starts same as jay, the defense won the early games not jake...and the team is 100% behind cutler, cutler isnt why we are not winning

2. again said rookie improved yards per game, as well as qb rateing per game and...points per game, meanwhile the defense that gave up on average 11 points per game through the first 8 ( jakes games) gave up 28 points per game in the last 8..who seems to be responsible ?

3.true...but if these guys cannot turn that emotion into inspirational gain then i dont know what they can do...really what would you say...lets fire up and win this season for darrent and damion...or what seems to have been said..lets fold at the first sign of a running game, for DW and nash

4. but plummer had the option to stay, and didnt want to,,, the coaches changes were supposed to make us better, doesnt seem like it does it, and we do miss als leadership more then we misss him missing tackles

5 bunch of mercenaries?/...who rice...cause bly is needed long term, moss crowder, thomas were drafted , and the linebackers were the best we could get

team moral wasnt low because of jake and jay