Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Simeon Rice isn't happy (Merged)

Not sure if this has been posted or not but here it is...

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...726376,00.html

Can't say I blame him for being mad. We sure could use him on the field though if he's healthy. If nothing else, I hope Moss and Crowder are learning everything they possibly can from him. I just hope it doesn't effect his performance when he does get to play.

I'd like to see Rice out there on Sunday, but if the docs say no, then they say no.

Rice is thinking he is 100%, but the coaches dont. Perhaps one more week and he'll be back.
    4 mil is a lot to bring a player in here just to sit him, so I'm thinking something has to be going on here...

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

I was against signing Rice at the beginning for this very reason, but was willing to put that aside and see if he would mesh well with this team and produce on the field.

Well, 7 weeks into the season, he's not meshing well with the team, and he's clearly not producing on the field.

The fact is, Simeon Rice is well past his prime, and can be nothing more than a situational lineman at this point in his career. Shanahan knows he has to get the guys who are going to be the face of his D-line for years to come - Dumerville, Moss, Crowder, Thomas - as much playing time as possible. Signing Rice was a huge mistake (as was signing Henry), and Mike Shanahan would rather just eat the money and go with his young guys than appease Rice just because he thinks he can be the guy he was in his prime in Tampa Bay.

The article..
    Second thoughts
    Frustrated by his inability to convince the Broncos he's healthy, and seemingly destined to take another weekend off, defensive end Simeon Rice said Thursday he currently is regretting joining the team as a free agent.

"At this point I am," he said. "My energy and purpose is to play and be the best. I'm not suiting up week to week and I don't have any plain, concise answers."

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan contended after Rice was deactivated for the Oct. 7 game against the San Diego Chargers that the NFL's No. 2 active sacks leader's surgically repaired left shoulder was only "about 80 percent" and "it was in our best interest to go in a different direction."

Yet while Rice admitted he was still on the mend when he arrived in Denver - he signed a $3 million contract Sept. 4 after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers released him - he turned the corner physically during the Sept. 30 loss at Indianapolis.

Rice insists he's now 100 percent and labels the discrepancy between his version and the team's regarding his health as "a difference of opinion."

"I'm really just trying to lock myself in and just make it through the year because I have no idea why I've been brought here - at all," he said. "Things have been said. Things have been promised. Things have been told. And I'm at the point where I'm ready to perform and help this team out. They don't have anything like me on this defense. But it is what it is."

Rice maintained he already has been informed he'll be a game-day inactive Sunday against Pittsburgh.

"I've been brought here to rehab," he lamented.

And there are no plans to seek out Shanahan to clear the air because Rice stated he already has spoken his peace and told the club he's ready to contribute.

"I ain't going to nobody. I've already conversated," he said.

The nagging sense about not being in peak physical shape when Rice arrived has morphed into something different.

He described himself as walking the halls of Dove Valley aimlessly, searching for his purpose for being on the roster.

"My frustration is everything wound up. It's like a thread and you can't pick them all apart at this point. I'm a knotted cluster," he said. "Before, it was frustrating, but now the fact I'm ready and capable of being who I am and not allowed to, it's brain strain."

Try actually being productive in the games Simeon, and you won't have this problem.

Good thing we drafted 3 defensive lineman to develop. Simeon, if you had made a play through the first 4 games this year then I would imagine you'd be playing. Kind of funny really as the only other team that was looking to sign him was the Rams
    My Adopted Bronco is Marcus Thomas

This has nothing to do with Rice "not making plays." He hasn't been suited up in games because the team doesn't think he's healthy enough yet. Clearly, he disagrees. He did nothing in the first two games because he was injured.

But, if he were close to 100%, then he'd be useful in the rotation. It doesn't sound like he's complaining he ought to get more playing time or demanding to start, he's complaining that he's not being used at all.

I'd like to see him out on the field and see what he can do. It's not as if the DL the Broncos have out there have been doing a great job. Outside Dumervil, its been a totally forgettable effort by all of them!
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    This has nothing to do with Rice "not making plays." He hasn't been suited up in games because the team doesn't think he's healthy enough yet. Clearly, he disagrees. He did nothing in the first two games because he was injured.

But, if he were close to 100%, then he'd be useful in the rotation. It doesn't sound like he's complaining he ought to get more playing time or demanding to start, he's complaining that he's not being used at all.

I'd like to see him out on the field and see what he can do. It's not as if the DL the Broncos have out there have been doing a great job. Outside Dumervil, its been a totally forgettable effort by all of them!
    Agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I was against signing Rice at the beginning for this very reason, but was willing to put that aside and see if he would mesh well with this team and produce on the field.

Well, 7 weeks into the season, he's not meshing well with the team, and he's clearly not producing on the field.

The fact is, Simeon Rice is well past his prime, and can be nothing more than a situational lineman at this point in his career. Shanahan knows he has to get the guys who are going to be the face of his D-line for years to come - Dumerville, Moss, Crowder, Thomas - as much playing time as possible. Signing Rice was a huge mistake (as was signing Henry), and Mike Shanahan would rather just eat the money and go with his young guys than appease Rice just because he thinks he can be the guy he was in his prime in Tampa Bay.
    I think he is still not healthy and is making excuses for that so that people won't think he is just stealing money. I hope I am wrong!!
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ* WRONG! he was suited up for the first 4 games and played in all of them. It is easy to see when he is on the field because that is the plays when the defensive line gets zero push.

He was clearly playing hurt the first 4 games and admitted so himself last week, but if he didn't have the stones to tell the coaches he was hurt why should we believe him now?

This is clearly a case of a big name player who wants a spot because of his name, not his play. If he had done something, anything in the first 4 or if he had the chutzpah to say he was too injured to go in game 1, I would lend a little merit to his whining. But as it stands now he just wants a chance to earn the incentive based part of his salary, not improve the team. If this keeps up we are going to have to call his mommy and have her pick him up and give him a talking to.

To me this is a snowball effect and can not be good for the locker room and the things that we cant see behind the schene.But comes out as plain as day when you see a team get whiped 41-3 like the Broncos did not so long ago.

he should of just went to the 0-6 rams.

he would of been happy there.

Yeah, Dumervil has been the only bright spot on the line. Imagine his effectiveness if he has some support up front. He could really stack up the sacks and more importantly, consistently create major disruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishineo View Post
    Yeah, Dumervil has been the only bright spot on the line. Imagine his effectiveness if he has some support up front. He could really stack up the sacks and more importantly, consistently create major disruption.
    Dumerville has been good, but I think Moss has shown a lot of promise, his speed and agility just need a little taming. In the Colts game, he was getting to Manning nearly every play, and we all know how good their line is. Give him a year or two and I think he'll be pretty special. I saw what he did in college, and many have called him the next Javon Kearse.