Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah it would definitely hep us score more

12 33.33%
  • No it will mess up the whole system

24 66.67%
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
    Ferguson is the most unappreciated player on our D he really has been having a great year

Everyone on our D misses tackles but Ferguson comes up withe the big play when we need them
    dude totally why is everyone so down on him just from watching the games this year ive noticed how consistent he is i dont think hes missed a tackle this year hes great at open field tackles and is always in on the play i dont he is underrated

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Quote Originally Posted by Aija View Post
    The Engy situation will work its' way out. He will play less and less with the way the young guys are coming along.

BUT WE NEED A SAFETY WHO CAN COVER. And has some speed. Everyone kills us down the middle. Lynch and Fergie is a terrible combination.
    So that's why we have the #1 pass D and those two put up some of the best pass metrics among all NFL safeties... GET OUT.
    Last edited by TheJackal; 10-22-2007 at 04:09 PM.
    LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE...

R.I.P. HEATH LEDGER (1979-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    It IS interesting, as when I first saw them, I was surprised as hell!

All taken from Pro Football Prospectus by KC Joyner as he breaks down every play in the regular season:

John Lynch:
    FS deep assist:
    attempts: 8
    Successfull plays (for Lynch): 7
    Yards: 5
    YPA: 0.6
    Success %: 87.5% (ranked #4)

FS Direct coverage:
    Attempts: 17
    Successful plays: 13
    Yards: 64
    YPA: 3.8 (ranked #2)
    Success %: 76.5% (ranked #2)

Missed passes (the only bad area for Lynch):
    total # of missed passes: 6 (T24)
    Yards: 141
    TDs: 1

Breakdown: Only beaten once in deep assist coverage and his overall YPA of 2.8 was easily the lowest in the league. Also posted the highest success percentage and had the 3rd highest forced incompletion %. He did have the 4th most missed yards and the 6th highest missed pass percentage, but his overall numbers were so good, KC called him the best cover safety in the NFL.

Nick Ferguson:
    SS deep assist:
    Attempts: 5
    Successful Plays: 5
    yards:0
    YPA: 0
    Success %: 100% (T1).

SS Direct coverage:
    Attempts: 12
    Successful plays: 8
    Yards: 72
    YPA: 6.0 (ranked #10)
    Success %: 66.7% (ranked #4)

Missed Passes:
    Attempts: 4
    Yards: 34
    TDs: 0

Breakdown: "Ferguson doesn't get much attention due to playing in a secondary with Lynch and Bailey, but he can hold his own metric-wise. Ferguson had the 10th best direct coverage YPA among SS and the 4th best success percentage. I don't think he gets as much credit as he should for his coverage skills: -KC Joyner.

Not to mention, anyone remember how much we missed Fergy last year after he went down after game 10?
    You should post the link for this because it's very useful information!

I think a lot of the "Lynch is too slow, he can't cover" stuff came about several years ago when Denver had horrible CBs in the playoff losses to the Colts and Lynch was beaten regularly for TDs.

There is NO substitute for having a top flight cover CB in this league, and if your CBs are getting beaten your safety is not going to be able to make up the difference. Lynch is not fast coming over the top, but he has great anticipation, which is reflected in his stats quoted here.

I became aware of how talented he is in coverage last year on a play where Champ Bailey bit on the fake and was beaten (badly - he started running up towards the line to cover the short pass, only to reverse course and start sprinting downfield - but it was hopelessly too late and the receiver had 20 yards on him). The WR was wide open for a sure TD, but Lynch timed the pass perfectly and arrived just as the ball did and swatted it away.

He might not have great closing speed but he hasn't gotten dumber over the years. His football instincts are as sharp as ever.

Last year when Nick Ferguson went down the Broncos pass-defense suffered badly. This year they are close to #1 in the NFL and you are now seeing teams throwing to their TEs and RBs coming out of the backfield, not wanting to test Bailey and Bly downfield.

Overall, the Broncos secondary is easily the most talented in the NFL.

It's the front 7 that have been the problem this year, at least until the Steelers game.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
    Ferguson is the most unappreciated player on our D he really has been having a great year

Everyone on our D misses tackles but Ferguson comes up withe the big play when we need them
    What bothered me the most about him was his inablilty to cover the tight ends.

Quote Originally Posted by DaChAmPiShErE24 View Post
    dude totally why is everyone so down on him just from watching the games this year ive noticed how consistent he is i dont think hes missed a tackle this year hes great at open field tackles and is always in on the play i dont he is underrated
    Ferguson would be an awesome free safety but we already have a pro bowler there for another year. We need a strong safety who can cover or at least wreck havoc with the opponent's tight end.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You should post the link for this because it's very useful information!

I think a lot of the "Lynch is too slow, he can't cover" stuff came about several years ago when Denver had horrible CBs in the playoff losses to the Colts and Lynch was beaten regularly for TDs.

There is NO substitute for having a top flight cover CB in this league, and if your CBs are getting beaten your safety is not going to be able to make up the difference. Lynch is not fast coming over the top, but he has great anticipation, which is reflected in his stats quoted here.

I became aware of how talented he is in coverage last year on a play where Champ Bailey bit on the fake and was beaten (badly - he started running up towards the line to cover the short pass, only to reverse course and start sprinting downfield - but it was hopelessly too late and the receiver had 20 yards on him). The WR was wide open for a sure TD, but Lynch timed the pass perfectly and arrived just as the ball did and swatted it away.

He might not have great closing speed but he hasn't gotten dumber over the years. His football instincts are as sharp as ever.

Last year when Nick Ferguson went down the Broncos pass-defense suffered badly. This year they are close to #1 in the NFL and you are now seeing teams throwing to their TEs and RBs coming out of the backfield, not wanting to test Bailey and Bly downfield.

Overall, the Broncos secondary is easily the most talented in the NFL.

It's the front 7 that have been the problem this year, at least until the Steelers game.
    I would love to post a link, but the info is from KC Joyner's book.

If you guys would like me to look up any stats on WRs, CBs, QBs, Safeties, and I think TEs he has got LOADs of stats, like how they fare depending on the cushion they give/recieve.

I would suggest buying it to everyone.

Turn the page...the Packers are comming to town....

Well, that was a shootout if ive ever seen one! Great to see Jay throw the ball more, great to see more play fakes, more trickery.

Not so great to see double covrage throws...or a soft pass defense, but it was an improvement over the last weeks, and the win was sweet...long time since we sipped from the victory cup.

But now the packers come to town, how do we fair up against the packers?

should be fun to watch probably the only FAVRE vs. CUTLER battle we will ever witness...

What is you guys prespective on the game? I havent caught many packers games, and records dont mean diddly...the question here is, what denver team will show up?
    Last edited by coco; 10-23-2007 at 06:23 AM.

I predict a season, and career ending injury for Favre in this game. It's not like I want it to happen, but there is nothing that can be done to avoid it.

Favre will break his hip in this game, a sad ending to a great career but that is what is going to happen. Four sacks on Roethlisberger, pretty impressive especially when you consider the offensive line of the steelers. Compare that to the packer's offensive line and lack of running game and were gonna be getting a ton of stats.

I predict the season, and career ending injury to come on a sack by Elvis Dumervil, hopefully he wont feel too bad about it

To Brett Favre, talk about a great career, sorry it had to end this way.

I think the 3-3 Broncos team will show up.

And your right it probably will be the only Cutler vs Favre matchup.
    Unless somehow its the Superbowl this year.

I never thought of that though.
    This should be a fun game and I think Jay is going to do something special.

I have tickets to this game and I keep forgetting I do because all I keep thinking about is how the Rockies are in the world series.

I saw the Packers against the Eagles and their defense was pretty impressive. Their linebackers make a lot of big plays. On offense, unless they all of a sudden develop a running game, we should be fine. Just send everyone after Brett and force the mistakes.
    I think after beating a very good Steeler team, a Steeler team who I think is better than this Packers team, we will have the confidence needed. And I figure we won't lose focus the rest of the season. I'm sure being 3-3 has everyone with that every game is huge mentality.
    I could see Cutler wanting to play extra great against Brett also.
    Broncos 34 Packers 20

I think we will do fine

If the Broncos continue to do their jobs, keep pressure on Favre, don't make mistakes offensively. The special teams show up like they did on Sunday,and the fans stay the course and make the noise that I actually heard on Sunday for a change. I believe we will win this game. It is going to be a good game to watch in any case.

GO BRONCOS!!

Remember the sun will rise and set, whether the Broncos win or not.

I think we match up a lot better with the Packers....

....than we did with the Steelers. And as long as Champ and Dre' are both playing we should be more than ready for them. Can you all believe the amount of times we pressured Ben and didn't sack him? A lot of those would be sacks or bad passes by Favre. But man is Ben slippery or what?

Will Broncos beat-up Green Bay? Absolutely!!!

Regardless of GB's record, Broncos will win this game if they don't beat themselves. Their huge win over the Steelers was a big time confidence boost knowing they can beat good teams and our boys will increase their level of intensity and force Favre to make poor throwing decisions.

Broncos: 27 Packers: 17
    Last edited by jazzbodog; 10-23-2007 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Add score prediction

It will be a good game. What I am happy about is that a healthy Rice will be in this game. I hope Champ can be back! The pressure on Favre will be the key to the success of this game.
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geandily View Post
    I predict a season, and career ending injury for Favre in this game. It's not like I want it to happen, but there is nothing that can be done to avoid it.

Favre will break his hip in this game, a sad ending to a great career but that is what is going to happen. Four sacks on Roethlisberger, pretty impressive especially when you consider the offensive line of the steelers. Compare that to the packer's offensive line and lack of running game and were gonna be getting a ton of stats.

I predict the season, and career ending injury to come on a sack by Elvis Dumervil, hopefully he wont feel too bad about it

To Brett Favre, talk about a great career, sorry it had to end this way.
    We should never expect any player injured...They struggle so hard to get to this level...