Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Denver pretender, not contender!!!!

"I'm sorry, but Denver can't be considered a serious contender in the AFC West. Not yet anyway. The Broncos are three plays -- and maybe 10 seconds -- from being 0-6. They beat Buffalo on a last-second field goal; they survive Oakland when a last-second kick goes awry; then they overcome Pittsburgh on a last-second three-pointer. But here's what convinces me most: They're no longer dead-bolt locks at home. Yeah, they beat Pittsburgh despite blowing a 14-point second-half lead, but they're 3-6 in their last nine at Invesco Field. Plus, they surrendered more points this season than all but five AFC clubs."

This is bull crap! Denver last night showed that we still have what it takes to take down top-rated teams. I think the game last night will give us the edge against Green Bay. Once we beat Green Bay we will be on a roll for the rest of the season.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10423606/1
    Last edited by Soldier96B; 10-22-2007 at 08:47 AM.
    Twitter: @FFB_Hitman88

Denver will have to win more games to convince people that doubt them. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglebronco View Post
    Denver will have to win more games to convince people that doubt them. It's really that simple.
    i agree the Broncos are going to have to win a few more games before they convince people. i can understand people saying they arent sure yet but to come out and straight say the broncos are pretenders after that win is ridiculous.

but thats ok let them talk smack and when Denver shows them all that they are a force they will have to eat their words and i will enjoy ever minute of it.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

its hilarious people say we "could" be 0-6. I have been laughing so hard at all my steeler friends who have been talking sh*t all week. Broncos own, the Packers dont stand a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier96B View Post
    I'm sorry, but Denver can't be considered a serious contender in the AFC West. Not yet anyway. The Broncos are three plays -- and maybe 10 seconds -- from being 0-6. They beat Buffalo on a last-second field goal; they survive Oakland when a last-second kick goes awry; then they overcome Pittsburgh on a last-second three-pointer. But here's what convinces me most: They're no longer dead-bolt locks at home. Yeah, they beat Pittsburgh despite blowing a 14-point second-half lead, but they're 3-6 in their last nine at Invesco Field. Plus, they surrendered more points this season than all but five AFC clubs.

This is bull crap! Denver last night showed that we still have what it takes to take down top-rated teams. I think the game last night will give us the edge against Green Bay. Once we beat Green Bay we will be on a roll for the rest of the season.

You might want to put the QUOTE tags around the quoted text because I was about to start arguing with you.

While that snippet makes a few good points, they don't credit the Broncos for improving this game. We slowed down one of the top rushing attacks in the league, and one of the better overall offenses (although they did get on a second half roll). We finally started putting the ball in the end zone, against the top defense in the NFL. And our special teams were pretty good. That's improvement in all three areas.

Does that mean we're serious contenders now? No. But it does mean we're making strides in the right direction. Luckily, the playoffs are in January, not October; so we still have a chance to continue improving and be a contender when the postseason arrives.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

I'm sorry, but Denver can't be considered a serious contender in the AFC West. Not yet anyway. The Broncos are three plays -- and maybe 10 seconds -- from being 0-6. They beat Buffalo on a last-second field goal; they survive Oakland when a last-second kick goes awry; then they overcome Pittsburgh on a last-second three-pointer.
    Hey this is a good point guys. I mean think about it, all those times Elway or Montana or Marino or Brady or Manning led their teams to late game 4th quarter comeback wins, all that did was prove how bad their team was. I know it can be easy to see an exciting comeback victory and think to yourself 'Wow they really know how to play great in the clutch, what is more important than that' But no, no, - If you don't blow your opponents out every game, then you are an obvious pretender. In fact, I want to declare the season over, the Patriots have just gone 19-0, setting all offensive records, and won the Superbowl 84-0, which now means we can all forget about the whole cheating thing.

despite the final score, we dominated that game. We were only behind in that game after the Steelers' first drive. After that we were never behind again.

A key part of every team that is largely considered unimportant is the kicker. Our kicker has made two game-winning kicks. The opposing team's kicker missed.

That does not make us lucky, it just means we have a great kicker!

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto83 View Post
    Hey this is a good point guys. I mean think about it, all those times Elway or Montana or Marino or Brady or Manning led their teams to late game 4th quarter comeback wins, all that did was prove how bad their team was. I know it can be easy to see an exciting comeback victory and think to yourself 'Wow they really know how to play great in the clutch, what is more important than that' But no, no, - If you don't blow your opponents out every game, then you are an obvious pretender. In fact, I want to declare the season over, the Patriots have just gone 19-0, setting all offensive records, and won the Superbowl 84-0, which now means we can all forget about the whole cheating thing.
    Nice bit of sarcasm there.

But you're right, some of these analysts are decidedly negative about the Broncos playing extremely well with games on the line in the final seconds. You'd think that would be a positive but the spin keeps trying to take it the other way.

That's the media for you.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier96B View Post
    "I'm sorry, but Denver can't be considered a serious contender in the AFC West. Not yet anyway. The Broncos are three plays -- and maybe 10 seconds -- from being 0-6. They beat Buffalo on a last-second field goal; they survive Oakland when a last-second kick goes awry; then they overcome Pittsburgh on a last-second three-pointer. But here's what convinces me most: They're no longer dead-bolt locks at home. Yeah, they beat Pittsburgh despite blowing a 14-point second-half lead, but they're 3-6 in their last nine at Invesco Field. Plus, they surrendered more points this season than all but five AFC clubs."

Yeah, i read that last night. When i read it, i got soooo mad. Just because Denver isnt winning by touchdowns doesnt mean that their lucky. It means that they have what it takes to drive the ball down in to field goal range. Before long the Broncos will be winning by touchdowns. The question is: when?

Quote Originally Posted by RIP#27#29 View Post
    Yeah, i read that last night. When i read it, i got soooo mad. Just because Denver isnt winning by touchdowns doesnt mean that their lucky. It means that they have what it takes to drive the ball down in to field goal range. Before long the Broncos will be winning by touchdowns. The question is: when?

The answer is next monday night. We were still a bit weak on the run game, giving up too many big plays. The good news is we're playing the Packers, who haven't had a run game all year long. If we get the same kind of pressure on Favre as we did on Ben, he won't be slipping out of it that easy. I see a lot of sacks, and several bad passes for interceptions (from the all time int leader). We'll get 17 points out of either the defense, or off of turnovers and we'll beat the cheeseheads by 20.

HEHEHE I had my troll bashing stick armed and ready.

Yea this team still has lots to prove weither you beat team by 1 or 30 next week is still next week.They sure cant rest on what they did this week either.
    The Broncos have not played good enuff on a consistent level for people other then fans to get behind them week after week.

I think the picks vs the Packers will be right down the middle this week or 60/40 Denver.
    No better way to prove others wrong then By Winning and I think the Broncos are ready to start to prove people wrong.
    Last edited by LarryDean; 10-22-2007 at 09:22 AM.

It was a good game you can build on but it can't make forget the other poor games at once. The 0-6 stuff is bull****. But the Chargers loss is still around as well.

I agree that we dominated the game regardless of the final score. That first TD for pitt was on a lucky floating ball that ferguson should have knocked down. Lets also not forget about the TERRIBLE NO CALL of False start on the steelers game tying TD. That would have backed them up and who knows if they even tie that game if the refs actually made the right call.

But the broncos have dominated so many games the last few years that they either barely win or sometimes even lose (think @ giants stadium 2 years ago, I was there we whooped the giants but lost)...thats something that this team needs to learn to do. PLAY 60 Minutes of great football.

Last night was definitely a nice change for us though, but then again we always play the better teams harder than we do the scrub teams. I just wish I went with my gut and flew to denver for this game instead of the game I painfully sat through (chargers game 2 weeks ago)

[url]www.myspace.com/djsimonsez[/url]
    [URL]www.twitter.com/djsimonsez[/URL]

pretenders

Would I like to see Elway on the sidelines handing Cutler the torch? Yes
    Would I like to see the final score be a 30 point diff and we are 6-0? Yes
    Would I like to see Ontario Smith showing Tranvis Henry how to use a Whizzinator? Yes
    Would I like to see Goodell just hand over the Lombardi trophy right now? Yes

But none of those things area happening but we are neither a contender nor a pretender. We are a 3-3 team with some weaknesses. We are in the mix in a Division that no team is dominating yet. We are a team in the division that probably will only send the division winner to the playoffs and no wildcards.

I'll take that and enjoy each game. 3 of 6 have been nail biters and probably games of the week. I'll take that and let the season play out without getting into all the flaws on our team or buiding too much false hope. Its just one of those seasons!

Go Broncos