Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 100 post rule.

100 post rule.

IMO, one thing that has really bogged these boards down are people who just sign up and start making stupid threads talking smack or calling out other fans for stupid stuff. I think if there was some sort of rule where you had to have 100 posts or so to start a new thread, it would cut out alot of that crap. It seems that every single one of these stupid, useless threads are started by someone who has like 20 or 30 posts. A 100 post rule would also make the mods job alot easier on game days to prevent countless noobs from starting countless useless threads.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    IMO, one thing that has really bogged these boards down are people who just sign up and start making stupid threads talking smack or calling out other fans for stupid stuff. I think if there was some sort of rule where you had to have 100 posts or so to start a new thread, it would cut out alot of that crap. It seems that every single one of these stupid, useless threads are started by someone who has like 20 or 30 posts. A 100 post rule would also make the mods job alot easier on game days to prevent countless noobs from starting countless useless threads.
    The issue has been raised, re-raised, and raised yet again.

From what I understand, the forum set-up does not permit blocking users from starting threads for any specific period.

Anyway, there are more than enough old-school posters creating stupid threads, that it's not just the n00bs one has to concern oneself with.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

They want to keep the ability of other team fans to come in during game week and talk smack. It keeps the boards lively and adds some interest.

But like Kap already pointed out, there are a lot of veteran posters that start just as many useless threads. *shrugs*

Personally.. I don't see the big deal. Just skip them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    They want to keep the ability of other team fans to come in during game week and talk smack. It keeps the boards lively and adds some interest.

But like Kap already pointed out, there are a lot of veteran posters that start just as many useless threads. *shrugs*

Personally.. I don't see the big deal. Just skip them.
    Well it's that and also the fact that if you set a limit of post# to have a certain ability... instead of them flooding us with new threads, they'll be flooding everything else to get to that post count. *shrug*
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Well it's that and also the fact that if you set a limit of post# to have a certain ability... instead of them flooding us with new threads, they'll be flooding everything else to get to that post count. *shrug*
    Why not make it at a certain CP level (100 CP's)? I can certainly see where Bailey's coming from...
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Yea I've been wanting this for a while as well.

i think we should make it so they can talk smack whenever and not need a post count but for the GD section we should have some limit. Like 100 cps or something.

I think this rule should be enforced so I can't call all the noobs that make threads morons and get an IP.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithOverTO View Post
    Why not make it at a certain CP level (100 CP's)? I can certainly see where Bailey's coming from...
    That would lead to people doing worse CP whoring than even what I commit.

On top of that, like it was said earlier, we want rival fans to be able to come in and contribute (preferably well) right away. Same thing for new Bronco fan posters.

If we become elitist, nobody that comes to the forum for the first time will stay. We most certainly don't want that. Right now, the only real access that isn't grante to every member right off the bat is the LR. We like it that way. Every member's important.
    Thanks, Reid!

How about if you can tell that a member is a good poster then let them start threads.
    If they are trolls or stupid posters then stop them from starting threads.

Have a little on and off button or something.

Kind of like the probation thing.
    Some members get what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    How about if you can tell that a member is a good poster then let them start threads.

I'd be all for an off button. I don't know if probation keeps you from starting new threads. I coulda told you a while ago.

Actually... I'd have to do some checking, and I don't think that it's true... but it's SLIGHTLY possible that if someone ends up with a negative CP total that they lose some privelages. All members start with 10 points.
    Thanks, Reid!

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post

Why would you want that Jay?? Then you wouldn't be able to start any threads.
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/806...sonsig1bb2.png

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...nemsigbuq8.jpg

Sig by Sky.

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.

Quote Originally Posted by bengaaaaals1688 View Post
    ZING!
    Thanks, Reid!

You can create a new usergroup and set the permissions anyway you want if you have all admin privs. Vbulletin has any hack to do whatever you want the forum to do. That is if it's not possible with the default forum package.
    The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

And your probably right

But I dont start too many threads anyway

But in reality I thought it sounded like a cool idea.

I would take the punishment of not being able to start threads if there were n00by d00by doos that cant make threads as well.