Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

marshall responds to porter

ENGLEWOOD — Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall on Tuesday lashed out at Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter, who, after Sunday's game, labeled him as “soft” and prone to “mope and cry” when he’s taken out of a game by the opposing defense.

Speaking at his locker during Denver’s preparations for the Cleveland Browns on Tuesday, Marshall seemed both amused and bemused that Porter called him out publicly after the Broncos’ 26-17 loss.

Porter maintained that Marshall, who was limited to season lows in catches (2) and yards (27), was rode “into the dirt’ by his trash-talking.

“You’ve got to understand the situation. They’re winning. We’re going back and forth, and he won because they won the game,” Marshall said. “It had nothing to do with us going back and forth. He ran with it. And he ran with it pretty good. But getting in my head? Never.

“He can’t get in my head because I’m always trying to make plays and make things happen. I’m never shutting down. I don’t care if we’re down 40 points or up by 40 points, I’m never shutting it down. I’m going to try and do my best and make plays.”

Marshall turned the soft label right back on Porter, who leads the NFL with 11 1/2 sacks this season and is a prime candidate for the league’s Defensive Player of the Year award.

“Joey Porter’s one of those guys, when you’ve got guys who talk a lot of trash and want to talk about people or put people down, they have their own insecurities. His insecurities, I don’t know,” Marshall said.

“But he’s definitely one of those guys who all those muscles are popcorn muscles. He’s soft. We hear stories floating around the league all the time about him, as far as him being in nightclubs, dancing with his shirt off like a girl, or in the playground getting beat up back in California,” Marshall added. “He’s one of those guys that no matter how big he is, he can still get knocked on his butt. He’s soft. And you can tell the way he’s talking. His nickname’s ‘Peezy’. I don’t know what ‘Peezy’ is, Joey.”

Marshall punctuated his diatribe with a mischievious grin.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...d/?partner=RSS

Ahahahahahahaha, I love Marshall.

Atta kid Marshall.

"peezy"

LMAO!

Popcorn Muscles?

First time I've heard that. Pretty funny. Not exactly sure what it means either, though I think he's talking about big ripped guys whose muscles are just for show. Not sure what that has to do with popcorn though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    First time I've heard that. Pretty funny. Not exactly sure what it means either, though I think he's talking about big ripped guys whose muscles are just for show. Not sure what that has to do with popcorn though.
    Probably something in the "league"
    DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

lol thats my boy

About time marshall started being vocal about its team, and himself. No dout Porter will respond to what marshall said.

i don't know, marshall seemed to give up on the jammer int on christmas eve late during a loss, and the fumble while losing during the 41-3 game in denver last year

i think porter is correct

still, he's the hardest wr in the nfl to tackle

lol... awesome...

I think we all know Porter is far from soft... but this little feud/rivalry could get pretty interesting... lol

Not many WRs are willing to call out psycho LBs... lol. Only a beast like Marshall...
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...stynesssig.jpg

LINK: I told you guys Marshall was the TRUTH!

Terrell Suggs on Jake Long:

"He's very impressive. He's, by far, one of the best tackles in the game. I've never struggled against anybody like I struggled against him."
    ESPN's K.C. Joyner has Jake Long's run blocks pegged at a 96.6% success rate. Joyner told said that "(it's) the highest I've seen in three years doing metrics."

Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post
    still, he's the hardest wr in the nfl to tackle

Should have thrown some screens to him. Just get him the ball and you know he can make something with it.

I find it funny that porter called out marshall when he went and apologized to marshall after that bad call for TD reversal.

Quote Originally Posted by FinNasty View Post
    lol... awesome...

I think we all know Porter is far from soft... but this little feud/rivalry could get pretty interesting... lol

Not many WRs are willing to call out psycho LBs... lol. Only a beast like Marshall...
    hines ward would have lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post

Should have thrown some screens to him. Just get him the ball and you know he can make something with it.
    honestly i don't know why you don't do that 5 times a game, or even reverses

Quote Originally Posted by broncofanatik View Post
    I find it funny that porter called out marshall when he went and apologized to marshall after that bad call for TD reversal.
    i bet that's when porter was telling marshall how he was in his head