Some Help For thiss offseason

Okay this year I played FS for my HS team lead in interception (8) and tackles but my coach wants met o play RB next year, so any tips on how to adjust over the offseason? Also andy tips on how to be a good one at that too.

My freshman year in high school I played corner and WR..I also led the team in INT's that season, and was second on the team in receptions..The next year the coaches switched me to RB..I still played CB a little but not nearly as much as I wanted too..I always liked defense better..Then my junior year I started at safety for the first 4 games, and then was switched to OLB, and thats where I started my whole senior season as well..

It wasnt too hard to switch to RB when I was younger becuase it was just JV, but once I got to varisty and playing safety for the first time, and then being switched to LB half way through was a little confusing but by senior year I had it .. Not sure what level football your playing, if your younger its good to get moved around and try out new positions, if your older though and would rather not switch I would talk to the coaches about it..
    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Quote Originally Posted by dandaman23 View Post
    My freshman year in high school I played corner and WR..I also led the team in INT's that season, and was second on the team in receptions..The next year the coaches switched me to RB..I still played CB a little but not nearly as much as I wanted too..I always liked defense better..Then my junior year I started at safety for the first 4 games, and then was switched to OLB, and thats where I started my whole senior season as well..

It wasnt too hard to switch to RB when I was younger becuase it was just JV, but once I got to varisty and playing safety for the first time, and then being switched to LB half way through was a little confusing but by senior year I had it .. Not sure what level football your playing, if your younger its good to get moved around and try out new positions, if your older though and would rather not switch I would talk to the coaches about it..
    I will be going into grade 12 and this is what's getting me mad is I actually probally have a chance to play college or university ball here in Canada at safety but he thinks I'll be a good RB but that only gives me a year at RB to get good enough to play in university or college. I think I'll probally talk to my coach this week and see maybe if I can stay at safety. Thanks.

dont know what your strenghts are but i would work on vision drills. You gotta keep your head on a swival (kinda like hockey, but then just move your eyes, so you dont telegraph where you go.

also work on speed and power drills for you legs,protect the ball, and a good stiff arm never hurts.

Depending on what your strenghts are id say speed,power,vision are the most important
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    dont know what your strenghts are but i would work on vision drills. You gotta keep your head on a swival (kinda like hockey, but then just move your eyes, so you dont telegraph where you go.

also work on speed and power drills for you legs,protect the ball, and a good stiff arm never hurts.

Depending on what your strenghts are id say speed,power,vision are the most important
    Well I've played goalie for 8 years in hockey (competitive) so my leg stength is really good. My 40 time was 4.89 could be faster now. I guess vision would be the key thing for me now. Thanks.