Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do The Broncos Have A Legitimate Chance to Win The AFC West?

After yesterday, how many feel the Broncos actually may have a legitimate chance to win the AFC West?

Denver wins at Arrowhead. That’s HUGE. If the Broncos can beat the Chiefs in Denver, which I feel is likely, and if they can go into Oakland and win, which I feel is likely, at worst they would be 6-2 in the AFC West.

I still think that the Chargers are the team to beat in the division. But, look at the game they played yesterday. Even with 6 INT’s, and 2 special teams TD’s, they were still a 29 yard freak field goal miss by one of the most clutch players away from losing at home to a very injury riddled Colts team.

I tend to fall to the “half-full” side of things. I really think the Broncos have a shot of winning the AFC West. A legitimate shot. Again, I think the Chargers are the team to beat, and I think they most likely take the division. But never, ever, count Norv Turner out from a major team implosion.

If the Broncos can get healthy, and keep playing as a team with the fire we saw on Sunday, I can see them having a shot at the playoffs, with a playoff game in Denver.

Go Broncos!!

Maybe. The home loss to the Chargers makes it a lot tougher for us in case of a tie tho cuz San Diego has the tiebreaker. I don't think with our record we will have much shot at the wild card lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    After yesterday, how many feel the Broncos actually may have a legitimate chance to win the AFC West?

Denver wins at Arrowhead. Thatís HUGE. If the Broncos can beat the Chiefs in Denver, which I feel is likely, and if they can go into Oakland and win, which I feel is likely, at worst they would be 6-2 in the AFC West.

I still think that the Chargers are the team to beat in the division. But, look at the game they played yesterday. Even with 6 INTís, and 2 special teams TDís, they were still a 29 yard freak field goal miss by one of the most clutch players away from losing at home to a very injury riddled Colts team.

I tend to fall to the ďhalf-fullĒ side of things. I really think the Broncos have a shot of winning the AFC West. A legitimate shot. Again, I think the Chargers are the team to beat, and I think they most likely take the division. But never, ever, count Norv Turner out from a major team implosion.

If the Broncos can get healthy, and keep playing as a team with the fire we saw on Sunday, I can see them having a shot at the playoffs, with a playoff game in Denver.

Go Broncos!!

I love your anthusiasm I feel it too but realistically we'll either squeak in a division title or be a wild card. Unless we get healthy and make a run such as the one the Steelers had on the way to winning the SB I don't see us doing any better then the wild card weekend which would be a big boost to Jay Cutler for next season and would be a win in my book but I'll continue to hope.

Your post pretty much matches my thoughts on our situation as a whole right now.

I've also seen several people mention that they don't think that we can make the playoffs because of what teams like Cleveland will do.

We're not fighting for a wildcard. The AFC West WILL NOT send a team to the playoffs as a wildcard this year. We are fighting for the division. We have a shot at that, as you've said.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

I think our chances are legitimate. If we can keep playing with passion and get our injured players back we will improve tremendously. Our remaining schedule isn't exaclty difficult either. Realistically I can see up to 2 more losses leaving us at 9-7. (Hopefully 10-6)

That means to win the division the Chargers have to either lose 4 times, or 3 times if we beat them. Looking at their schedule:

@ Jacksonville
    Baltimore
    @Kansas City
    @Tennessee
    Detroit
    Denver
    @Oakland

They will lose in Jacksonville. They might lose in KC. Detroit should beat them. Oakland and Tennesse will be tough away games.

Granted they're not playing the Pats and Cowboys, but as mediocre as they played yesterday they could very likely lose 4 more games to these solid teams.

So I won't go buy playoff tickets yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and not ruling us out by any means.

i was hoping the chargers would lose last night like they should have but we are a game out with more then 1 game to go so id say we have a chance

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post

Denver wins at Arrowhead. Thatís HUGE. If the Broncos can beat the Chiefs in Denver, which I feel is likely, and if they can go into Oakland and win, which I feel is likely, at worst they would be 6-2 in the AFC West.

I still think that the Chargers are the team to beat in the division. But, look at the game they played yesterday. Even with 6 INTís, and 2 special teams TDís, they were still a 29 yard freak field goal miss by one of the most clutch players away from losing at home to a very injury riddled Colts team.

I tend to fall to the ďhalf-fullĒ side of things. I really think the Broncos have a shot of winning the AFC West. A legitimate shot. Again, I think the Chargers are the team to beat, and I think they most likely take the division. But never, ever, count Norv Turner out from a major team implosion.

Go Broncos!!
    The way the Broncos played yesterday... yes, i think the they do have a shot at winning the AFC West. BUT, they have to keep playing that way. Remember when the Broncos were on fire when they faced the Steelers? The very next game the Broncos lost to the Packers. If the Broncos want a shot at winning the AFC West... then they'll have to getting a winning streak going.

Also, if the Broncos D keeps playing the way it played against the Chiefs, then the Broncos will have a better chance winning against the Chargers. Right now, i say the Chargers take the AFC West. I sure hope the Broncos can prove me wrong and get a winning streak going.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP#27#29 View Post
    The way the Broncos played yesterday... yes, i think the they do have a shot at winning the AFC West. BUT, they have to keep playing that way. Remember when the Broncos were on fire when they faced the Steelers? The very next game the Broncos lost to the Packers. If the Broncos want a shot at winning the AFC West... then they'll have to getting a winning streak going.

Also, if the Broncos D keeps playing the way it played against the Chiefs, then the Broncos will have a better chance winning against the Chargers. Right now, i say the Chargers take the AFC West. I sure hope the Broncos can prove me wrong and get a winning streak going.
    I was thinking about that Steelers game as well. Iím hoping we donít see the let-down next week we saw after that game.

Except for being televised on the new-and-definitely-not-improved ESPN Monday Night Football, Iím really looking forward to seeing how Denver responds to the win next week. Do we see a letdown, or do we start to see some real on-field leadership, do the players come out fired up?

Go Broncos!!

This team is so schizo, who knows? To answer the question, I think we have a legit shot--anytime you're this close, you are just an LT injury away from taking the division. Regardless, San Diego's not very good and it is not outside of the realm of possibility to think that we just beat them outright.

We have a legit shot at making the playoffs especially since Javon Walker should be coming back right in the middle of the playoff hunt which will really improve our team.

The win last night really struck a crucial blow to our chances at taking the West... DEN really needed SD to lose. The only bright spot is that team appears ready to split apart... Turner has lost that group he just doesn't know it yet!

We have 7 games left... Kc, SD, DEN all are 2-1 in the div. All three play 4 common opponents (3 div games plus TEN). DEN has the easier schedule aside from that: @CHI, @ HOU, MINNY.

The last two games will tell the story though... just like last year.

Before that... DEN should be able to take care of BIZ on MON night... THEN... @ CHI, @ OAK, KC, @ HOU. DEN should be able to go AT LEAST 3-1.

This would put DEN at 8-6 heading into the final two games: @ SD, MINNY

If DEN beats OAK in CALI and win at home againts KC... They might be 8-6 (4-1 in the DIV) heading into that game in SD. Most likely... DEN will be trailing be one game... or maybe tied. EITHER WAY... DEN would have to win in SD to take the DIV. Chargers have owned us lately... NOt a gimme.

THEN... would have to close the deal at home... Something we didn't do last year against SF.

Two good things: Maybe SD has completely fallen apart by then... AP has a slight tear in his knee... Maybe they shut him down by the end of the season? NOt impossible to see DEN take the last two...

BRONCOS would have to go 6-1 or 5-2 to have any shot... 10-6 will win the DIV... 9-7 might do it if tie breakers work out in our favor!

We could get screwed like last year though... just miss the playoffs and wind up with another 20-something pick in the 1st round.

I think Denver has as good an opputunity to win the division as does anyone else thus they have the same chance to get into the playoffs. What will happen then is anyones guess.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

I though we've had a legitimate chance since we were 2-3, and since we were 3-5 as well.

I still say we win this division.
    Administrator

Id say we have a very legitimate chance.

Denver has a very legitimate shot.

(Denvers remaining schedule)

Tennesee 6-3
    Chicago 4-5
    Oakland 2-7
    KC 4-5
    Houston 4-5
    SD 5-4
    Minnasota 3-6

combined record 28-35
    only 2 teams above .500

SD schedule---------------KC schedule

Jacksonville 6-3------------Indianapolis 7-2
    Baltimore 4-5 --------------Oakland 2-7
    KC 4-5 --------------------SD 5-4
    Tennesee 6-3 ------------- Denver 4-5
    Detroit 6-3 ----------------Tenn 6-3
    Denver 4-5 ----------------Detroit 6-3
    Oakland 2-7 ---------------NYJ 1-8

combined record 32-31 -- combined record 31-32
    3 teams above .500 ------ 4 teams above .500:eek
    Last edited by cadencesdad; 11-12-2007 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cadencesdad View Post
    Id say we have a very legitimate chance.

Denver has a very legitimate shot.

(Denvers remaining schedule)

Tennesee 6-3
    Chicago 4-5
    Oakland 2-7
    KC 4-5
    Houston 4-5
    SD 5-4
    Minnasota 3-6

combined record 28-35
    only 2 teams above .500

SD schedule---------------KC schedule

Jacksonville 6-3------------Indianapolis 7-2
    Baltimore 4-5 --------------Oakland 2-7
    KC 4-5 --------------------SD 5-4
    Tennesee 6-3 ------------- Denver 4-5
    Detroit 6-3 ----------------Tenn 6-3
    Denver 4-5 ----------------Detroit 6-3
    Oakland 2-7 ---------------NYJ 1-8

combined record 32-31 -- combined record 31-32
    3 teams above .500 ------ 4 teams above .500:eek
    I pray that Jacksonville and Baltimore lay the smackdown on San Diego the next couple of weeks.