Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elevation INC View Post
    correct me if im wrong but the broncos dont play themselves so 4-2 is the best they can do if they loose to san dieg o 2 times
    Good catch!!

The two teams that present the biggest obstacle for the Broncos are the Titans and Chargers - two teams the Broncos have to beat in order to have any shot at the AFC West and playoffs. If the Broncos can somehow find a way to beat both those teams, then I definitely think they have a chance.

<- Ready for the salute
    We have a great chance... more so if the Chargers lost against the colts. It might come down to us playing the Chargers in week 16 and Rooting for Raiders in week 17

San diego has a couple tough games still... specialy next week VS Jags... where jags are favored. As for chiefs... it is all down hill now for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    We have a legitimate chance to get the #2 seed in the AFC.

Just keep winning games and everything will fall into place.
    #2 in the AFC??? I like optimism but that's crazy talk. New England, Indianapolis, Pittsburg, even the freakin' Browns are gonna be seeded above us.
    We need a division win, and that is our only chance of playoff hopes. That will seed us #4 facing the #6 wildcard spot. When we win that one, we can play New England . . . .

I hope our season comes down to winning in SD.

How sweet it would be to get revenge for the loss to SD in Den. I just hope we're not an every other week type of team from here on out. SD is the only real team that can play well on both sides of the ball in our remaining schedule IMO! Tennessee has a good D though. good thing it's MNF and here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    #2 in the AFC??? I like optimism but that's crazy talk. New England, Indianapolis, Pittsburg, even the freakin' Browns are gonna be seeded above us.
    We need a division win, and that is our only chance of playoff hopes. That will seed us #4 facing the #6 wildcard spot. When we win that one, we can play New England . . . .
    This is why I don't waste a lot of time worrying about the playoffs. It's just pointless for the Broncos to get into the playoffs and then get rudely beaten like a gong by some good team. Then, even if they manage to win some wild card game against a team like the Titans, the reward is. . .

either they fly to Foxborough to face the Patriots or another trip to Indy to face the Colts.

And there's just NO way they are going to get past either of those teams this season. Not on the road in the playoffs. No way at all.

Look at what happened to the Chiefs who managed to squeeze into the playoffs last year when the Broncos lost to the 49ers. They got beaten down like a rented mule in the playoffs and were an afterthought long before the Patriots rolled into town to face the Colts. It cost them several places in the draft and what did they get out of it? Nothing! That's what.

They never had a hope in hell of advancing within sniffing distance of the AFC Championship, and neither do the Broncos this year.

They'll be better off going 6-10 and securing a top 10 pick they can use to grab some stud LB or RB or DT or S who will be on the Broncos 5 or 6 years from now, when only statistics geeks will be able to even remember what the Broncos record was this season.

Just another rebuilding year in Dove Valley, and no need at all to disturb the vultures circling round the edges of the practice facility, waiting patiently for the carcass of the Broncos season to stop moving. . . . Another gimpy "also-ran" hired to fill out the card and provide a backdrop when the winners flash by the post. . . .

It's just one of those kinds of years for the Broncos, where you're better off taking a whopping dose of that date-rape drug and forgetting the whole season. Yet, like all true masochists and fans I just can't stop watching every game with the bitter feeling that it didn't have to be like this. If only injuries and free-agent disappointments had broken a bit differently, they "coulda been a contender."
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    I love watching Y'all say I'm crazy.
    Maybe I am but I have this vision in my head...

And How will the Steelers and Browns both be seeded ahead of us?

Unless we get the #6 seed then I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    And there's just NO way they are going to get past either of those teams this season. Not on the road in the playoffs. No way at all.

Look at what happened to the Chiefs who managed to squeeze into the playoffs last year when the Broncos lost to the 49ers. They got beaten down like a rented mule in the playoffs and were an afterthought long before the Patriots rolled into town to face the Colts. It cost them several places in the draft and what did they get out of it? Nothing! That's what.
    I usually agree with your posts 100%, but I dont with this one.

KC got Dwayne Bowe, who has played very well for the Chiefs.

Also, Id love a chance to see the Broncos play a home playoff game this year as well. I really dont see the Broncos throwing enough games to get a top pick either, so if they are not getting a top pick Id much rather get Cutler some playoff experience (one home, and who knows from there), and give the team a chance to play together in those circumstances.

My $0.02.

The Colts had to beat SD for the Broncos to have any shot in winning the division w/out having to win in SD... NOW... DEN must go 4-1 in the next five games (Ttitans, @ Bears, @ Raiders, Chiefs, @ Texans) and then they must beat the Chargers in San Diego...

This is not impossible... but also not easy. We know they should go 4-1 in the next five games, but DENVER could easily stumble in a few of those games. If DEN does go 4-1... They'll be 8-6 heading into that Xmas Eve showdown in CALI... At worst, they would trail SD by a game... A win in SD would put DEN in a sweet position: 9-6 (5-1 in the division) heading into the final game... at home against Minny (who might not have AP).

Going 4-1 wont be simple. Winning in SD will be even harder. They've owned us ever since the score was 24-7 in DEN on that Sunday night.

AND... even if they do go 4-1... win in SD... They still have to beat Minny. We saw last year how DEN could blow it the final week (remember SF)... Minny has a solid defense... a good rushing offense. This would not be a gimme game.

I will say this: IF Denver goes 4-1... then wins in SD... takes care of business against the Vikings... They'll finish ar 10-6... Would have won 6 of 7... would be in good shape for the playoffs... clicking on all cylinders... They would eb a tough out... I could see them winning the wild card game... and at least get a shot against New England.

AND... We would rather play the Pats... Colts own us. We own the Pats. We've already beat them in the playoffs once... are like 6-2 against Bellicheat-Brady... Who knows right?

Nothing will guarantee a wildcard, but there could be one from the West. The Jags/Colts will take one of the wildcards, but who will take the second? Tennesse is up there, but if teams continue to put 8 in the box up close and force the Titans to pass, they are screwed. Young can't pass, it is really looking like the Titans are wasting their time on Vince when realistically they should be seeking a true QB. If the Titans fall apart, who is next in line? Cleveland, who has a pretty easy schedule to finish the season, but they are definently beatable. Buffalo has turmoil at QB, I don't know how much longer they can keep winning, but again they are very beatable by any other team. I think 9-7 will take the second wildcard, whether it be Tennesse, Cleveland, Buffalo, Kansas City, San Diego, Denver, it's really up for grabs.

Most years, if we had this many injuries and were inconsistent like we've been this year, there would be no way in hell we could win the division. This year is different. This year the whole division is bad and we definitely have a chance of winning the division.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

I believe they have a chance and I have my reasons for believing so...
    So now, if you don't mind, I have to go and make a Titans colored scarf so they can lose...

You are so weird sometimes IONLYLOVE JAY

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post

You are so weird sometimes IONLYLOVE JAY
    Let me explain...
    I made a scarf in Broncos colors the day that they played San Diego. The Broncos lost.
    I made a scarf in Steelers colors, they lost against the Broncos.
    I made a scarf in Rockies colors, they lost the World Series.
    I was in the process of making a scarf in Chiefs colors and they lost. I haven't finished it yet, I'm waiting for the Broncos to go up against them again to work on it.
    I'm just superstitious I guess. But I have a track record with them, so we'll see.

Your still wierd

But Thanks for clearing it up and Yes Please make the Titans scarf.

Make a Scarf for every team but Denver

You should take a picture of your scarfs and use it as your sig.