How Did Glenn Martinez Get ST Player of the Week?

It would be understandable if the touchdown was the last thing he accomplished during the game vs. the Titans, but his dropped punt could have cost us the game.

How did he get the award when he screwed up just as much as he hadn't screwed up? His drop led to a Titans TD, so it basically nullifies his own TD return..
    Last edited by mxbronco13; 11-24-2007 at 08:41 AM. Reason: mispell

Quote Originally Posted by mxbronco13 View Post
    It would be understandable if the touchdown was the last thing he accomplished during the game vs. the Titans, but his dropped punt could have cost us the game.

How did he get the award when he screwed up just as much as he hadn't screwed up? His drop led to a Titans TD, so it basically nullifies his own TD return..
    maybe cuz they thought so highly that his last name is martinez and want to give him props on that

not right but thats the only thing i can think of

sig by B4B6..

Is that the award that's a public vote? If so it's probably because the return made the highlight reels which is what most people would see
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

Spiffing sig, MasterShake

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Althoug he muffed a return, his return did change the game against the Titans. Way to go Martinez.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Ya, I think that the momentum we got early out of Martinez's PR was much greater than what we lost later on. It was our first PR for a touchdown in about 4 years, it was on a Monday night game that a lot of football fans saw, it was early on and took a lot of wind out of the Titans.

Good for him (and us). Glad that we have someone back there that shows some sparks, and is a good route runner and has solid hands to boot.
    Always a Broncos fan.

well when u vote it doesnt say what he did the whole game so it was proably left out that he fumbled. people where proably voting on that one play
    [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/21kiddo/4fz5u06.gif[/IMG]
    made by showoff

[IMG]http://i12.tinypic.com/6ol4o74.jpg[/IMG]

But his muffed punt didn't cost us a touchdown, the defence costs us a touchdown, if his muffed punt was returned for a touchdown then it would be his fault

Quote Originally Posted by javon84walker#1 View Post
    But his muffed punt didn't cost us a touchdown, the defence costs us a touchdown, if his muffed punt was returned for a touchdown then it would be his fault
    technically... but it did change the momentum and gave them some great field position. Also put a semi-tired defense back on the field right away after stopping a Titan drive.

Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeofBlue View Post
    Ya, I think that the momentum we got early out of Martinez's PR was much greater than what we lost later on. It was our first PR for a touchdown in about 4 years, it was on a Monday night game that a lot of football fans saw, it was early on and took a lot of wind out of the Titans.

Good for him (and us). Glad that we have someone back there that shows some sparks, and is a good route runner and has solid hands to boot.
    ...I agree. Being on Monday night and doing something a team hasn't done in a few years is a big deal. That and being such an unknown prior to that made it kind of special to me. I notice when players on other teams accomplish something special because of the highlight reels. Big plays and the players who made those are usually the ones who get the rewards and rightfully so.
    Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Hey if he doesn't get the return to make it 14-0 it's a totally different game...
    Enough said.

Maybe because it was an awesome play.

I loved it.

He's my ST player of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsx3 View Post
    technically... but it did change the momentum and gave them some great field position. Also put a semi-tired defense back on the field right away after stopping a Titan drive.
    true, but lets agree to dissagree