Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hey Todd it sure did look like you meant to kick it to tillmans side...What the hell are you smoking??? and did you get it from Henry??? you pathetic putz, do you like to be kicked in the nads???
    [FONT=Times New Roman]If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton [/FONT]

hey todd, hows it feel to have a special teams unit who refuses to stay in their lanes, continually overpursues(like devin hester is gonna stand and wait for you to tackle him, come on) or will not block punt rushers and thus making you look like a total idiot?

Hey Todd, you and Shanny have got to be the !@#$%^&*(), @#$%^&*()(*(*,$&^%&%*&^&(,&(^*&%*^$*&(*^*^%$*&&^(* , EVER!!!!!

Yeah, because there aren't 10 other guys out there responsible for covering kicks/punts.

Some of you are smoking some good stuff. In fact, probably the same stuff the announcers were smoking.

I remember in the third quarter, they had the stat "Hester has 220 total yards and the rest of the team has 6" or something like that. Right. Hester was the only one out there returning the kick and punt? BS. Sauerbrun was the only one out there kicking/punting the ball? BS. We had a total break down in special teams, and just about NONE of it was Sauerbruns fault.

"But why kick it to Hester??" Why not? Was the blocked punt Hester's doing? Nope. That basically handed them 3 or 7 and as it turned out, 7. So what if he returned it twice on us? We have 11 guys on the field just like them. We played Pittsburgh and they had the number 1 defense in the NFL. Should we not have played offense at all? Should we have punted the football everytime we got it?

Give me a break. They have playmakers, as do we. Our special teams broke down time and time again this game, just like they have most of the last few seasons.

My take? Give it to Hester again. We even got a turnover off it when they ACTUALLY PLAYED WELL ON SPECIAL TEAMS (AKA DOING THEIR JOBS).

Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    Hey Todd, you and Shanny have got to be the !@#$%^&*(), @#$%^&*()(*(*,$&^%&%*&^&(,&(^*&%*^$*&(*^*^%$*&&^(* , EVER!!!!!
    Uhh... is there a question in there somewhere?

calibroncogrl47 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stand Ablaze View Post
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=7558

Anybody got any questions for Sauerbrun? Now is the time to ask!
    Omg

What a bad time to have the option to ask him a question..

I just might do it... I doubt it will be shown though.. since it will be mostly "your an idiot" phrases..

its not todds fault its every ones fault. the defense couldnt stop the bears late, the offense couldnt run out the clock and couldnt convert inside the 10 on two occasions leading to just field goals, the coverage team was completely awful. hey we have terrible losses and break downs this year, green bay, detroit, jacksonville. come on we are not going to make it to the playoffs because if we lose 44-3 at home to san diego we are not going to beat them in there stadium with a beat up team and players that quit late in games.
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...in40oz/rpg.jpg

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

I really wonder how many questions he'll get..

I can really see people asking a question.. but then rambling on about how stupid things turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Superchop7 View Post
    Todd,

ROFLMAO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos fo life View Post
    Yeah, because there aren't 10 other guys out there responsible for covering kicks/punts.

Some of you are smoking some good stuff. In fact, probably the same stuff the announcers were smoking.

I remember in the third quarter, they had the stat "Hester has 220 total yards and the rest of the team has 6" or something like that. Right. Hester was the only one out there returning the kick and punt? BS. Sauerbrun was the only one out there kicking/punting the ball? BS. We had a total break down in special teams, and just about NONE of it was Sauerbruns fault.

"But why kick it to Hester??" Why not? Was the blocked punt Hester's doing? Nope. That basically handed them 3 or 7 and as it turned out, 7. So what if he returned it twice on us? We have 11 guys on the field just like them. We played Pittsburgh and they had the number 1 defense in the NFL. Should we not have played offense at all? Should we have punted the football everytime we got it?

Give me a break. They have playmakers, as do we. Our special teams broke down time and time again this game, just like they have most of the last few seasons.

My take? Give it to Hester again. We even got a turnover off it when they ACTUALLY PLAYED WELL ON SPECIAL TEAMS (AKA DOING THEIR JOBS).
    I couldn't agree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos fo life View Post

I don't know what the call from the STs coach was to determine if it was Sauerbrun's fault. I'd say the only thing that was definitively his fault was to put his rep on the line by saying we're going to kick right at him. These 4 mistakes were avoidable, but they seem like coaching lapses:

1. The punt should have gone high and short, and clearly unreturnable.
    2. The kickoff should go OOB or at the very least to the corner. The middle of the field is just about the worst placement.
    3. The squib kick to the 40 was even worse than a kick OOB anyway, so if you're gonna give up position at the 50 you might as well set them 10 yards back and give it to them at the 40.
    4. Somebody needed to call TO when they brought in the punt block formation if the outside rusher wasn't covered.

These I think fall squarely on the STs coach. Most importantly, it really looked as though Denver came in and didn't have a plan for Hester. The best returner in football and they didn't have a plan for him. If they planned for him and he still beat us, you'd go "well, he's just that good". In this case, it just makes the Broncos look silly and unprofessional.

my question to todd was..

what were your thoughts as Devin Hester simply jumped over you on his way to the endzone?

Quote Originally Posted by PSUbroncofan View Post
    my question to todd was..

what were your thoughts as Devin Hester simply jumped over you on his way to the endzone?
    his answer:

why the @$#^ didnt any of the other 10 guys do their job, stay in their lane and tackle him?

I'm not anymore happy with Todd than any of you. But we're not talking some joe schmoe when it comes to returners. Hester is special PERIOD. Todd was going by what he was told to do. You get yourself in Mike's doghouse if you don't. There's a pro and a con here and Todd followed the pro of keeping his job because he did what he was told to do. I seem to remember just a couple short seasons ago...in the playoffs (when it really counts) he put the hit on the guy and not only stopped him, he caused a fumble. Get off the guys case, he isn't making these mistakes week in and week out....he just ran into a very special returner.

My question for Todd:

How's it goin Meaty?

Ready for the friggen season already!

Quote Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    his answer:

why the @$#^ didnt any of the other 10 guys do their job, stay in their lane and tackle him?
    yea really lol. i bet Todd is sooo excited to see these questions .

hell...at least it'll be interesting to see them and see his responses
    [SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2455/champsigmt9.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/EGhatchie94/DJSignature.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]