Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    " DJ may move back to WLB next season..."

YES!!!!!!!

Sssssseeee ya Ian (Wishful thinking?)......

*just laughs*..... you are just looking for a fight

As far as firing bates is concerned, the Broncos absolutely cannot fire Bates!

Sorry Bates critics, I can see your reasoning, but firing the coordinator after one season would be a disaster imo. And the fact is, just because you think he's clueless, it doesn't mean he is!

His system has proven to work, and like it or not, Broncos fans are going to have to be patient. Not just with Bates, with everything......

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    *just laughs*..... you are just looking for a fight

Maybe we could keep Gold for ST's and such......

This is a decent draft class for linebackers, particularly if some of the juniors come out. Perhaps Shanny likes what he sees being available around picks 15-20. Dan Connor would provide some flexibility, being able to play both inside and outside.

It will certainly be interesting to see how things play out...

Boss Bailey will be a free agent at the end of this year. He's played both inside and outside positions. Would keep Champ Bailey content for awhile. Keep D.J. where he is with more experience, he's got the tools. Gold can play his coveted weakside, and Boss plays the strongside.

Quote Originally Posted by cadencesdad View Post
    Boss Bailey will be a free agent at the end of this year. He's played both inside and outside positions. Would keep Champ Bailey content for awhile. Keep D.J. where he is with more experience, he's got the tools. Gold can play his coveted weakside, and Boss plays the strongside.
    I don't think that helps anything though.

Screw it, lets draft a middle LB and run a 3-4. Then take Adams as Nose Tackle. Marcus Thomas at one end, Crowder at the other, Move Jarvis to LOLB, DJ and, insert sweet 1st rounder(later future bust), and then have Gold at ROLB. It will look something like the Dolphins and Jets D...only combined.
    New England Patriots GM

Maybe we could keep Gold for ST's and such......
    Iam Gold = Safety
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    Iam Gold = Safety
    I doubt that will happen, but they might have to try it if cutting him would hurt their cap space too much. He definitely has the size to be a safety.

I don't really care what they do as long as they fix the problem.

For those who are bemoaning the possibility of DJ moving back to WLB, you need to remember that Shanahan went into the season saying that their was no guarantee that DJ would remain at MLB for the entire season this year. Just because he was the best option at that position this year, it doesn't mean the coaches are happy with the results. If they think a change is necessary, they have an obligation to make that change when they think it's best. It's too late for this season, but they should be able to find someone in the offseason.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

More changes.........I hope this isn't, I'm pretty sure it isn't because the link doesn't even work. Like I've said before, what do the fans know? Thankfully this organizations hasn't always listened to the fans, although sometimes it seems like they have.....Simeon Rice anyone? Hopefully this remains what it is, a rumor.
    [SIZE="4"][B]Careful what you wish for, Darth , cause here comes the worst DC in the league...... [/B][/SIZE]-[SIZE="3"]stnzd[/SIZE]
    What's that? Need proof? [url]http://dack.com/archive/bob-slowik-must-be-fired.html[/url]

[URL=http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=champbaileyps3coverhp3.jpg][IMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/5659/champbaileyps3coverhp3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Goodbye social life...

[URL=http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cluelessnessav9.jpg][IMG]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6228/cluelessnessav9.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0422ej4.jpg][IMG]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4053/img0422ej4.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    My Mojo!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    Iam Gold = Safety

Actually, I wouldn't mind that at all, as long as he takes an enormous pay cut.

He should have been a safety since he was a freshman in college......

This is some Schmo's speculation....christ guys. Ian's play hasn't dropped off, he's having a better year then last season already. So, this guy's post is already discredited. You can argue, and some do (wrongly I believe) that Ian is just a bad OLB, but this guy is not, he's saying Ian has dropped off this season, and that's not true at all. Especially, since our bye week.

Also, I disagree wholeheartedly that DJ Williams natural position is at WILL, he's a natural MIKE due to his skills. He only played outside at Miami due to Vilma being there at MIKE. His SKILLS are what dictates he's a better MIKE. His only year at WILL, he sucked. He put up tackles but played poorly in every other aspect of the game and was called out by his coaches after the season and then moved to SAM. The he's a natural WILL and better at WILL argument is complete bunk, and it has been PROVEN so.

So, to summarize and for those who wish to save my posts to throw back at me next spring OR, which I'll throw back at my detractors:

1) DJ Williams won't be moved from MIKE, he's having a great year, and has really taken to the position the season's 2nd half (as predicted by the way).

2) Ian Gold will be our WILL next season, AND, he will play well. (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    This is some Schmo's speculation....christ guys. Ian's play hasn't dropped off, he's having a better year then last season already. So, this guy's post is already discredited. You can argue, and some do (wrongly I believe) that Ian is just a bad OLB, but this guy is not, he's saying Ian has dropped off this season, and that's not true at all. Especially, since our bye week.

Also, I disagree wholeheartedly that DJ Williams natural position is at WILL, he's a natural MIKE due to his skills. He only played outside at Miami due to Vilma being there at MIKE. His SKILLS are what dictates he's a better MIKE. His only year at WILL, he sucked. He put up tackles but played poorly in every other aspect of the game and was called out by his coaches after the season and then moved to SAM. The he's a natural WILL and better at WILL argument is complete bunk, and it has been PROVEN so.

So, to summarize and for those who wish to save my posts to throw back at me next spring OR, which I'll throw back at my detractors:

1) DJ Williams won't be moved from MIKE, he's having a great year, and has really taken to the position the season's 2nd half (as predicted by the way).

2) Ian Gold will be our WILL next season, AND, he will play well. (again).

Christ! Let me get this straight:

You think Williams "sucked" at WILL, but Gold is not only "good" this year, but he'll be "good" next year?

Riiiight......

Christ! Let me get this straight:

You think Williams "sucked" at WILL, but Gold is not only "good" this year, but he'll be "good" next year?

Riiiight......
    Absolutely. Your OLB need to bring coverage skills to the table. DJ does not, whatsoever.

Care to revise your sarcasm?

Edit:
    I am worried that you base too much of your opinion purely on tackling. There's a lot more to the position then tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Absolutely. Your OLB need to bring coverage skills to the table. DJ does not, whatsoever.

Care to revise your sarcasm?

Edit:
    I am worried that you base too much of your opinion purely on tackling. There's a lot more to the position then tackling.

And you base your opinion too much on stats and sentiment.

Trust me, MUG, I base my opinion solely on what I see. And I do not see Ian Gold cover much of anything, unless you count the swatch of grass he 'covers' his face mask with.

My sarcasm will proceed as planned......