Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    418

    Cutler needs to grow up

    Cutler's postgame conference and local tv interviews were embarrassing - he acted like a 12 year old. Why is it so hard for him to admit that he had a bad game? He deflects blame and takes no responsibility. On the CBS4 local interview after the game Cutler stuck his tongue out, rolled his eyes, insulted the reporter who was interviewing him and basically acted like an immature jerk. He needs to be the leader of this team. Jay, take responsibility for your bad performance and grow up! His postgame pouting was just awful.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15
    I agree TOTALLY! He has a long way to go and he needs to humble himself to the game of football and realize there is a learning curve. At Vanderbilt he was catered to and pampered. Let's remember one thing: He hasn't been a winner since High School.....4 yrs at Vandy and he had a losing record. If he DOES want to be a great QB then he should learn how to win as well as how to lose, meaning a gracious and classy winner and a humble and classy loser. I firmly believe he will ge an excellent QB, but whether he will be one of the greats, I reserve comment on that till later on. I am a big Cutler fan but his antics lately have embarrassed me. His tirades on-field yesterday and his post-game "carrying -ons" let me down.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    115
    What, Cutler's not allowed to be human...frustrated at the play of the team, frustrated at their fortune this year, and frustrated at the stupid, no-brainer, no thought process involved questions that spew from reporters mouths???

    Cutler has passion and desire, something that we have not had here in 6 years. Its normal to be frustrated when you lose to a 3-8 team. He is a frustrated QB right now. Frustrated at his mistakes as well as the rest of the team. (I swear there must have been Vasoline or KY on our ball yesterday. I've never seen so many dropped passes that were spot on target, or right on the hands of a certain RB.)

    Class and poise will come with time...and wins.
    Last edited by Taz_bb2; 12-03-2007 at 09:24 AM.
    [IMG]http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7797/tazbb2yv6.png[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/2r6n0qp.png[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    maybe you should grow up and stop whining about cutlers whining, boo hoo. do you want him to go in there with a smile or an i dont care attitude like Eli, because everyone criticizes him for his interviews. should he go in there give the old can do spirit and say "we played great today but just couldnt pull that game out" - hell no that sounds like we played a respectable game. i swear no matter what he does someone will complain about it whether he is mature and calm, pissed and furious. no matter what

    just give it a break would ya

    he has every right to be frustrated with this team and the defense and the special teams that has him starting inside his own 20 let alone his own 10 more than probably every other QB in the league. he said what was wrong with this team and i havent watched it yet but i highly doubts he doesnt admit to his mistakes, ive watched every interview with cutler this year and he says it starts with him and that he can improve after every game.

    he is a good leader and good leaders need to call people out when we are playing so poorly, i dont mind the loses, but its the way we lose thats frustrating, one week we look like the SB contenders we thought this team could have been this year then the next week we look like a team that could be in the running for the #1 pick, its sadly pathetic
    -------

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hinesville Georgia
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz_bb2 View Post
    Cutler's not allowed to be human...frustrated at the play of the team, frustrated at their fortune this year, and frustrated at the stupid, no-brainer, no thought process involved questions that spew from reporters mouths???

    Cutler has passion and desire, something that we have not had here in 6 years. Its normal to be frustrated when you lose to a 3-8 team. He is a frustrated QB right now. Frustrated at his mistakes as well as the rest of the team. (I swear there must have been Vasoline or KY on our ball yesterday. I've never seen so many dropped passes that were spot on target, or right on the hands of a certain RB.)

    Class and poise will come with time...and wins.
    I think Jake Had more desire and passion, just my imo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    339
    Actually, I think Cutler treats the media as one big joke. I've always thought he's acted like he doesn't really care for talking to them very much.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvinWillis View Post
    I think Jake Had more desire and passion, just my imo
    What? Wasn't that one thing he lacked on the field? Some people say it would've made him a better player had he played with more passion and had love for the game.
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...onmarshall.png
    Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lusby, Maryland
    Posts
    4,349
    i am glad cutler treated the media as a joke because that is exactly what they are. good for him unless he bad mouths his own team i dont really care what he says to the media!!!



    oh yeah and i wonder where all that passion and desire jake had went in 2006? ......................................oh yeah it dissapeared thats why cutler is starting

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    The media are who we thought they were! (media=joke) they need to be abused.
    [URL=http://www.howcrunk.com/?ref=thedeathunion][IMG]http://www.howcrunk.com/r/thedeathunion.gif[/IMG] [/URL]

    ...and I am pretty unhappy that I am even a little bit

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    58
    I think this thread is a joke, same with the people here who are accusing Cutler of not playing with passion for the game. Just because he isnt screaming, throwing his helmet, jumping around like an idiot, doesnt mean he doesnt love the game. Frankly this thread was started by some bitter fan that just wants to blame everything he/she can because we lost to the Raiders. The team lost, i'm sure the last thing ANY FOOTBALL PLAYER wants to do is answer a barrage of stupid questions asking why they lost. When anyone who watched the football game knows damn why they lost.Just because he didnt handle the media the way YOU wanted him to doesnt bring Cutler's maturity or character into question. I think youre the one that needs to grow up if this is the way you are going to act after a painful loss.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by LordXenu View Post
    Actually, I think Cutler treats the media as one big joke. I've always thought he's acted like he doesn't really care for talking to them very much.
    cutler is always respectable of the media, yes he jokes around with them but thats all in good fun

    and i just watched the interview and i have to say champgirl i have no idea what you are talking about, he was pissed not pouting. and if you can tell me if you were cutler you would come out of that game with anything positive to say and your head held high you are full of it.

    besides why would that dumb reporter ask if he was surprised they turned the ball over 4 times, that was the one question he got mad at it seemed, why in the hell would the broncos go into a game expecting to give the ball up 4 times . . . .that was the dumbest question ever
    -------

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    28

    never saw the interview but that sounds kinda funny

    yeah, from where i live...i didnt get to see the game...but i saw the score after like 3 minutes into the second half and i saw Oakland score again....i've been a fan for over 10 years now and all i can say is that i am done with the broncos this year..i could care less, i spend gobs and gobs of cash on this organization and all they have to show for it is no Al Wilson, no Trevor Pryce, no Jake Plummer, all in all you took the heart out of this team and you expect to win???!!! Seriously this year, the broncos SUCK! as much as i HATE saying that, they do! im just not even getting upset about it anymore cause its not worth it! I CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS?? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???????? you piss moan and groan whenever you get beat, and you hang your heads FOREVER about it ya know? get on with it....Al isnt there anymore, neither is darrent or Trevor, or jake....its just sad the way you run this team...you ran it into the ground and it will take about 5 years or so (depending on the moves you make in the offseason) just to get back into the playoff hunt....you dont actually think your going to the playoffs do ya??? if you do...you've got another thing coming...but look at it this way....worse record, better draft pick, just dont be stupid with it....OFFENSIVE LINE, BALL HAWKING SAFETIES, SPEEDY CORNERBACKS...me personally i would trade champ bailey and dre bly....i know you could get sooooo much out of champ bailey....you bring him in so you can win a superbowl but now by the time your in the hunt...he's gonna be too old!!!!!!!!!! you dont mess around with age in the secondary!!! speed dimenishes as you get older and lets look at the veterans you have back there???? its time to clean house!!!!!! TIME TO TRADE YOUR BEST PLAYERS FOR GREAT DRAFT PICKS AND WORK FROM THERE! as for this year, im flushing that crap down the toilet...good luck next year!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    418
    Maybe it's Cutler's way of dealing with things but he comes off like a pampered baby who can't say the words "I played badly today". I know he gets paid a lot of money but he has to learn to deal with his position at quarterback. He's as surly as Jake was with the press which is OK but at least Jake would face the music and say "yeah, I didn't play well today" when he had a bad game. Champ Bailey can admit it when he gets burned and he still holds his head high because he knows he's a great player. He won't mumble and whine into the microphone. Hey Jay, you have to deal with the media it's part of your job so get used to it. Jay needs to learn how to be a leader, he's still so young so I guess it's part of the learning curve. Or maybe it's just his personality.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    he did admit it played badly though
    -------

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by cutleriselway View Post
    yeah, from where i live...i didnt get to see the game...but i saw the score after like 3 minutes into the second half and i saw Oakland score again....i've been a fan for over 10 years now and all i can say is that i am done with the broncos this year..i could care less, i spend gobs and gobs of cash on this organization and all they have to show for it is no Al Wilson, no Trevor Pryce, no Jake Plummer, all in all you took the heart out of this team and you expect to win???!!! Seriously this year, the broncos SUCK! as much as i HATE saying that, they do! im just not even getting upset about it anymore cause its not worth it! I CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS?? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???????? you piss moan and groan whenever you get beat, and you hang your heads FOREVER about it ya know? get on with it....Al isnt there anymore, neither is darrent or Trevor, or jake....its just sad the way you run this team...you ran it into the ground and it will take about 5 years or so (depending on the moves you make in the offseason) just to get back into the playoff hunt....you dont actually think your going to the playoffs do ya??? if you do...you've got another thing coming...but look at it this way....worse record, better draft pick, just dont be stupid with it....OFFENSIVE LINE, BALL HAWKING SAFETIES, SPEEDY CORNERBACKS...me personally i would trade champ bailey and dre bly....i know you could get sooooo much out of champ bailey....you bring him in so you can win a superbowl but now by the time your in the hunt...he's gonna be too old!!!!!!!!!! you dont mess around with age in the secondary!!! speed dimenishes as you get older and lets look at the veterans you have back there???? its time to clean house!!!!!! TIME TO TRADE YOUR BEST PLAYERS FOR GREAT DRAFT PICKS AND WORK FROM THERE! as for this year, im flushing that crap down the toilet...good luck next year!
    i almost agree with the trading bailey and bly. we dont need 2 great CB when the rest of the D sucks. i brought this up and got blasted for it though not that i care.

    by the time this team is ready to win champ will be 32. if you could get something great for him awesome. hes a CB and can not impact the game like a great DL or LB who sees action nearly every play
    -------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •