Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Biased NFL

Biased NFL

Anyone notice how the nfl clearly doesnt talk bad about any superstar in the NFL no matter what they do? Michael vick killed dogs and he gets praised, patriots are caught cheating and they are americas team. Bobby Petrino leaves the Falcons and they jump on top of the guy and talk about how terrible of a person he is. Sure he could have waited a few more games and done it in the offseason but he doesnt even compare to vick and the pats.

i find it funny how pats fans bashed Manning about padding stats, but are now praising Brady for doing the same thing

I'm not surprised. That's typical of Roger Goodell to praise everything New England does because the Pats put so much revenue & profits into Goodell's pockets. So he's returning the favor by assigning his refs to make any call possible to help the Pats win. Kind of like "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."

The NFL already makes so much money in terms of T.V. contracts, merchandise, revenue, how many of us football fans watch the games in person or on T.V., etc.

Hey look, EVERYBODY is entitled to make money, whether you're poor or rich. But it's HOW you EARN the money that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman1987 View Post
    i find it funny how pats fans bashed Manning about padding stats, but are now praising Brady for doing the same thing
    I never bashed Manning for padding his stats. I actually don't even remember Pats fans or any one else claiming and/or bashing Manning for allegedly padding his stats.

However, I did bash Manning for throwing his teammates under the bus when things don't go his way and the Colts lose (e.g. Colts O-Line in playoff loss to Steelers) and will continue to do so if/when he does it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raider View Post
    I'm not surprised. That's typical of Roger Goodell to praise everything New England does because the Pats put so much revenue & profits into Goodell's pockets. So he's returning the favor by assigning his refs to make any call possible to help the Pats win. Kind of like "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."
    Sonic Raider, stop hating and get a life. Anyone who believes that Goodell, the NFL, and/or the officials are conspiring to intentionally make calls to benefit the Patriots is clueless.

There are questionable calls in EVERY game. Are you attempting to tell me that the Raiders have NEVER benefited from a questionable call? There seems to have been a thread on this board almost every week about bad calls by officials in various NFL games. To my knowledge, the Pats were ONLY involved in one of the games that were the subject of those threads/conspiracy threads.

What?

I'm sorry did I miss something?

When did the NFL defend Vick?... they took the unusual step and suspended a player for being a suspect (they suspended him before his plead guilty).

When did the NFL label the Patiots as "America's Team"? They fined them $500,000 and took away a draft choice.

When did the NFL compare Petrino to Vick or the Patriots? The Falcon players complained because Petrino quit in the middle of a season and didn't have the courtesy to say goodbye to their face.

You whole post seems pointless as a rant against the NFL... maybe you can clarify..
    We da Champs... you da Chumps.
    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

I guess you didnt watch MNF, or any other football this week. All they said about Vick is how they want him back in the NFL. How they hope he can come back and how they feel sorry for him. After the game they called the patriots americas team and the only time they have talked bad about them was the day after the jets team, other than that 50% of every show on NFL network is directed to the patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    I guess you didnt watch MNF, or any other football this week. All they said about Vick is how they want him back in the NFL. How they hope he can come back and how they feel sorry for him. After the game they called the patriots americas team and the only time they have talked bad about them was the day after the jets team, other than that 50% of every show on NFL network is directed to the patriots.
    MNF....you mean Kornheiser and that bunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Anyone notice how the nfl clearly doesnt talk bad about any superstar in the NFL no matter what they do? Michael vick killed dogs and he gets praised, patriots are caught cheating and they are americas team. Bobby Petrino leaves the Falcons and they jump on top of the guy and talk about how terrible of a person he is. Sure he could have waited a few more games and done it in the offseason but he doesnt even compare to vick and the pats.
    this league knows what sells. it's disgusting but it's true. we don't ask rod smith what he thinks of everything, we ask terrell owens. that's no coincidence.

what i find especially funny about pats fans who ragged on manning for padding his stats, is that in his record setting season, he didn't even pad his stats. i looked for myself, and short of maybe one or two games, he threw his huge td numbers in the first half, or when they were trailing. that's the sick part. if manning were to have ran up the score like brady, and were to pass when the kicker or runner should've handled the play(like they did) he would've cracked 55, maybe 60 easily.

Sonic Raider, stop hating and get a life. Anyone who believes that Goodell, the NFL, and/or the officials are conspiring to intentionally make calls to benefit the Patriots is clueless.
    woudn't that just be great for you, huh? i have my doubts the refs are completely down the middle in all of these pats games. hey, would you wanna be the guy who blew the perfect season? throw the flag, worry about it later. everything the pats do should have an asterisk beside it.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

1 word means all to a major buissness like the NFL "money". Anything to make moola to fit snug in those pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by KCLadyFan View Post
    MNF....you mean Kornheiser and that bunch?
    Thank you KCLadyFan... ESPN does not equal NFL.
    We da Champs... you da Chumps.
    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
    woudn't that just be great for you, huh? i have my doubts the refs are completely down the middle in all of these pats games. hey, would you wanna be the guy who blew the perfect season? throw the flag, worry about it later. everything the pats do should have an asterisk beside it.
    I never said or denied that the Patriots have benefitted from some blown calls, but so has EVERY other NFL team.

Are you going to try to tell me that the Patriots are the ONLY team to have benefited from a blown/missed call this season and that neither the Broncos, Raiders, nor any other NFL team has benefited from a blown call this season?

everything the pats do should have an asterisk beside it.
    Why? It is undisputed that the Patriots have not won a single game this season as a result of any cheating or improper actions by the Patriots. Yes, the Patriots were caught improperly videotaping the Jets signals during the middle of the 1st quarter of the first game of the season. It is undisputed, however, that they did not benefit one bit from the videotaping in beating the Jets. Similarly, they have won the other 13 games this season with out the benefit of any improper actions.

If you want to start attaching asterisks to the records and accomplishments of the Patriots and other teams caught breaking the NFL's rules that is fine with me because the Broncos', as well as one or more of the 49ers', Super Bowl seasons and victories will then have asterisks attached to them. Although you can hypothesize and make unsubstantiated claims that the Patriots won their Super Bowls as a result of breaking the NFL's rules, it is undisputed that the Broncos were punished for breaking the NFL's rules during the seasons they won their Super Bowls. Similarly, I am fairly certain the 49ers were punished for breaking the NFL's rules by circumventing the salary cap during the last season they won their Super Bowl.

Yet another crappy patriot game on NFL replay....and people dont think the NFL is obsessed with this team.

I never said or denied that the Patriots have benefitted from some blown calls, but so has EVERY other NFL team.

Are you going to try to tell me that the Patriots are the ONLY team to have benefited from a blown/missed call this season and that neither the Broncos, Raiders, nor any other NFL team has benefited from a blown call this season?
    c'moooon man we're not just talking about blown calls

blown calls did happen though and you should've lost to baltimore. in fact i don't even consider that a pats win. the refs won. baltimore lost. that said, i wasn't just talkiong about blown calls.
    Why? It is undisputed that the Patriots have not won a single game this season as a result of any cheating or improper actions by the Patriots. Yes, the Patriots were caught improperly videotaping the Jets signals during the middle of the 1st quarter of the first game of the season. It is undisputed, however, that they did not benefit one bit from the videotaping in beating the Jets. Similarly, they have won the other 13 games this season with out the benefit of any improper actions.
    lol you're not a pr rep you can talk to me like a human and not a robot. they didn't cheat this year, no, but their cheating past is ultimately what made this team so appealing for the players that joined them.
    If you want to start attaching asterisks to the records and accomplishments of the Patriots and other teams caught breaking the NFL's rules that is fine with me because the Broncos', as well as one or more of the 49ers', Super Bowl seasons and victories will then have asterisks attached to them.
    i see no better place you could go to actually get educated on how we "cheated". go on. go ask. so you can winky wink all you want kiddo, we didn't actually cheat. you, did.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

c'moooon man we're not just talking about blown calls

blown calls did happen though and you should've lost to baltimore. in fact i don't even consider that a pats win. the refs won. baltimore lost. that said, i wasn't just talkiong about blown calls.
    Yes, we are talking about blown calls. If you actually think the NFL and/or its officials are intentionally making bad and incorrect calls to assist the Patriots in staying undefeated, then you are not nearly as intelligent as I originally gave you credit for.

The NFL would be harmed significantly more by the revelation that it and/or its officials improperly controlled the outcome of games to ensure the Patriots stayed undefeated than the NFL would allegedly be harmed by the Patriots losing a game. The NFL would not risk alienating and losing fans, advertisers, and corporate sponsors just to try to set up a week 17 game for its NFL Network in which the Patriots are trying to go undefeated.

lol you're not a pr rep you can talk to me like a human and not a robot. they didn't cheat this year, no, but their cheating past is ultimately what made this team so appealing for the players that joined them.
    I was attempting to talk to you as a human and not a robot. I guess using logic and relying on the cause and effect theory, which is a key foundation of science, law, justice, and our society, however, was beyong your comprehension level?

i see no better place you could go to actually get educated on how we "cheated". go on. go ask. so you can winky wink all you want kiddo, we didn't actually cheat. you, did.
    NinjaPirateFunk, I know how the Broncos cheated. As I have explained in several other posts, this article reveals

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep17.html

the NFL found the Broncos guilty of violating the salary cap for several reasons including:

This set of violations, the league said, was related both to agreements between the team and "several" unidentified players to defer salary payments with interest and to a 1997 agreement between the club and a former player to not waive the player prior to a certain date. "Both types of agreements raised salary cap accounting issues," the league said.

Henderson said of the agreement not to waive the player before a certain date: "That commitment had the effect of converting the player's roster bonus into a guarantee, which affected the timing of the salary cap treatment of a portion of the bonus."

I believe that a good argument can be made that the Broncos were trying to and did do something shady like cheat when they agreed not to waive the player before a certain date and thereby converted the player's roster bonus into a guarantee. Although the guarantee should have immediately counted against that year's salary cap, the roster bonus counted against the next year's salary cap. If the Broncos were not trying to do something shady like cheat, they would have disclosed to the NFL that they had agreed not to waive the player before a certain date and thereby converted the player's roster bonus into a guarantee. The Broncos, however, did not disclose that little fact to the NFL and therefore, it is both clear and undisputed that the Broncos not only intentionally did something shady but that they cheated!

The Broncos are just lucky they "cheated" under Tagliabue's (sp?) watch and not Goodell because the Broncos punishment under Goodell would have been significantly worse than the punishment Tagliabue issued against the Broncos!