Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

rb can win games not corners

portis for bailey hahah dumb yes champ is the greates but what has he done for this team to win a superbowl or even get to the superbowl....

i think its better to have and average corner and a great running back then the othere way around. alot of teams have and there winning ...flaming come on
    [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/21kiddo/4fz5u06.gif[/IMG]
    made by showoff

[IMG]http://i12.tinypic.com/6ol4o74.jpg[/IMG]

Ooooook. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought you were being serious!

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybronco View Post
    portis for bailey hahah dumb yes champ is the greates but what has he done for this team to win a superbowl or even get to the superbowl....

i think its better to have and average corner and a great running back then the othere way around. alot of teams have and there winning ...flaming come on

It's OK, you'll get it someday.

Corners may not win games by themselves singlehandedly, but they sure help!

when a great corner, like champ, completely eliminates the opposing team's top wide receiver from being a go to guy, then that frees the rest of the defense up like crazy.

That's without saying that he may possibly be the best corner of all time.

Ohh, and as for portis:

Name me one season he has gone without injury since his trade...

OOPS!

Besides, his prideful over confident and money greedy ways are not missed in the locker room or the coach's' office.

I dont know if you have seen who plays in the AFC...

QB's: Manning, Brady, Palmer, Rothlisburger, Anderson, Garrard, Russell, Schuab
    WR's: Moss, Harrison, Ocho Cinco, Houshmandzadeh, Wayne, Edwards, Holmes, Johnson

We can plug any runningback into our system and make it work but we cant just plug any CB into our system and pray that they can cover those WR's with those QB's throwing to them.

I know your going to say that a good RB would keep them off the field but they are going to get on the field no matter what and with no good CB's our defense would be TERRIBLE!
    Last edited by AllEyezOnZach27; 12-27-2007 at 03:41 PM.

Funny because I actually remember a few games that Champ won for us. Not that any person does it single handedly, but he came just as close as any RB single handedly winning their team a game. Portis did, and probably would have done more of, the same. I just figured I would correct you on that.

Portis?

Look I don't disagree with you about the Rb carrying a team to victory more than a Corner, But let's not all jump on the Portis train to early here.

Exactly what has Clinton Portis done for the Redskins? I know he is a good running back but we have had running backs that have been right there with him yardage wise and scoring wise also. Tatum bull for one.

He is very injury prone and his attitude is crappy to say the least. He is a me first player and always has been even at the U.

I personally see the trade for Portis being totally one sided leaning towards Denver. Not only have we gotten the best corner in the league we nailed a good draft pick, and how many games has Champ missed in his tenure in denver???
    I know that injuries happen but he (portis) missed half the season in 05 he hasn't missed so many games but he has to sit out a lot of plays and he is never at 100%.
    Ill take the trade and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    I dont know if you have seen who plays in the AFC...

QB's: Manning, Brady, Palmer, Rothlisburger, Anderson, Garrard, Russell, Schuab
    WR's: Moss, Harrison, Ocho Cinco, Houshmandzadeh, Wayne, Edwards, Holmes, Johnson

We can plug any runningback into our system and make it work but we cant just plug any CB into our system and pray that they can cover those WR's with those QB's throwing to them.

I know your going to say that a good RB would keep them off the field but they are going to get on the field no matter what and with no good CB's our defense would be TERRIBLE!
    Well said Zach

We ask all great corners to play "zone".

Your comment would make a hell of a lot more sense IF Clinton Portis actually had a ring on his finger. ( Super Bowl ring )

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    Your comment would make a hell of a lot more sense IF Clinton Portis actually had a ring on his finger. ( Super Bowl ring )
    Ahh, Minor Detail.

do you remember the champ interception of chump brady in the endzone.. afc playoff game? well that play pretty much won the game. Once the rest of the defense starts playing well champ will be back to his old self and be the best again.

Champs year

Upon popular belief, Champ Bailey and Dre Bly (especially champ) were the only two that fully held their own this season. And that says a whole helluva lot being that our Dline got ZERO QB pressure and couldnt stop the run AT ALL! We had a Middle lineback in DJ who was basiccaly learning on the Job all year, and two outside LBs that for all intents and purposes Blow Donkeys. And lastly no speed or playmaking ability over the top in Safety coverage. With all of that being said Champ was THE only constant this season, and while Dre wasnt quite as consistant(which we knew we were getting a playmaker who gambles in coverage alot) but the Guy did a helluva job! It just proves that while great DBs are nice to have, you cant dominate a Game from the Corners. I dont care if you are Champ, Deion, Rod woodson, Darrel Green or Aeneas Williams, the Game is by far and away won in the Trenches. And yes I would still make the portis Bailey deal in a heartbeat. Wait and see, lets get a consistent pass rush and run stop, and you will see Champ and Dres abilities Maximized!

What has portis done for washington except embarssinsing them by dressing up like a clown in drag ?

Champ helped us beat San Diego in 2005 which turned around our season, arguablly our season turned on that amazing pick. BTW....We were 13-3 that year, best we got with Portis was 10-6. So obviously your theory falls, we had our best year this decade without Portis and with Champ, and with MA and TB running the ball which proves we can run the ball effectivly and win with a tandam like that and we do not need a guy like Portis.

Also he stopped NE from possibily taking the lead in that playoff game when the game was 10-6 and NE was in the redzone. I would say that changed the game and led to our victory.