Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

rb can win games not corners

portis for bailey hahah dumb yes champ is the greates but what has he done for this team to win a superbowl or even get to the superbowl....

i think its better to have and average corner and a great running back then the othere way around. alot of teams have and there winning ...flaming come on
    [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/21kiddo/4fz5u06.gif[/IMG]
    made by showoff

[IMG]http://i12.tinypic.com/6ol4o74.jpg[/IMG]

Ooooook. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought you were being serious!

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybronco View Post
    portis for bailey hahah dumb yes champ is the greates but what has he done for this team to win a superbowl or even get to the superbowl....

i think its better to have and average corner and a great running back then the othere way around. alot of teams have and there winning ...flaming come on

It's OK, you'll get it someday.

Corners may not win games by themselves singlehandedly, but they sure help!

when a great corner, like champ, completely eliminates the opposing team's top wide receiver from being a go to guy, then that frees the rest of the defense up like crazy.

That's without saying that he may possibly be the best corner of all time.

Ohh, and as for portis:

Name me one season he has gone without injury since his trade...

OOPS!

Besides, his prideful over confident and money greedy ways are not missed in the locker room or the coach's' office.

Portis?

Look I don't disagree with you about the Rb carrying a team to victory more than a Corner, But let's not all jump on the Portis train to early here.

Exactly what has Clinton Portis done for the Redskins? I know he is a good running back but we have had running backs that have been right there with him yardage wise and scoring wise also. Tatum bull for one.

He is very injury prone and his attitude is crappy to say the least. He is a me first player and always has been even at the U.

I personally see the trade for Portis being totally one sided leaning towards Denver. Not only have we gotten the best corner in the league we nailed a good draft pick, and how many games has Champ missed in his tenure in denver???
    I know that injuries happen but he (portis) missed half the season in 05 he hasn't missed so many games but he has to sit out a lot of plays and he is never at 100%.
    Ill take the trade and be happy.

"Chump" Bailey is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorebronco View Post
    Corners may not win games by themselves singlehandedly, but they sure help!

when a great corner, like champ, completely eliminates the opposing team's top wide receiver from being a go to guy, then that frees the rest of the defense up like crazy.

That's without saying that he may possibly be the best corner of all time.

Ohh, and as for portis:

Name me one season he has gone without injury since his trade...

OOPS!

Besides, his prideful over confident and money greedy ways are not missed in the locker room or the coach's' office.
    Chump isn't close to the best corner all time. He's prolly the best athlete at corner but far from the best. There are corners in the league that will give Chump a run for his money. When have Chump ever shut down a whole side of the field? Exactly. When have Chump won a game for us? The answer is never. If Chump could have done that, Them would have had him on the best reciever no matter where the reciever lines up. You mentioned all the great QBs but JaMarcus Russell went right at Chump his first action and completed a big pass. The play off game against the Steelers where we lost. Watch the game and see Chump looking at HInes Ward trying to jump the pass to the inside and got beat bad by his man (Cedric Wilson). Teams aren't afraid of Champ, Champ need to be himself and yall need to stop breast feeding the guy all this praise and confidence. If you see Chump, most of the time he's 10 yards off his man. Why? Because the guy is not physical, he's just fast and athletic. When we did win those SBs sooooooo long ago, we had physical corners and won too years in a row. Chump is like reminds me of Yao Ming. He is good, great in fact but the guy is too soft. T.O. exposed him two years ago when he threw Chump to the ground and ran by him. I know alot of you will say that Chump was hurt just like you're saying this year when he's off his game (GB). If he is hurt, he shouldn't be out there. Stop making excuses for this guy. He gambles too much but if you watch guys like Rashaun Mathis, Asante Samuel, and guys like that who don't have the hype that Chump has, they simply get the job done. Chump has not delivered in what we traded for and that's to get this team to the SB like the guy who started this thread said. Then to go get another corner in a position that is overrated is just plain stupid. We could have kept Portis and our drafts that you idiots aren't factoring into the trade. Chump Bailey is not answering the call. That's the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by FireShanahan View Post
    Chump isn't close to the best corner all time. He's prolly the best athlete at corner but far from the best. There are corners in the league that will give Chump a run for his money. When have Chump ever shut down a whole side of the field? Exactly.
    if you'd like to look credible, which by now won't happen, maybe you shouldn't call him chump. it's kinda the dead giveaway it's just a personal thing you have against him.

this topic is stupid times ten. stupid squared. a new species of stupid.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

Chump isn't close to the best corner all time. He's prolly the best athlete at corner but far from the best. There are corners in the league that will give Chump a run for his money. When have Chump ever shut down a whole side of the field? Exactly. When have Chump won a game for us? The answer is never. If Chump could have done that, Them would have had him on the best reciever no matter where the reciever lines up. You mentioned all the great QBs but JaMarcus Russell went right at Chump his first action and completed a big pass. The play off game against the Steelers where we lost. Watch the game and see Chump looking at HInes Ward trying to jump the pass to the inside and got beat bad by his man (Cedric Wilson). Teams aren't afraid of Champ, Champ need to be himself and yall need to stop breast feeding the guy all this praise and confidence. If you see Chump, most of the time he's 10 yards off his man. Why? Because the guy is not physical, he's just fast and athletic. When we did win those SBs sooooooo long ago, we had physical corners and won too years in a row. Chump is like reminds me of Yao Ming. He is good, great in fact but the guy is too soft. T.O. exposed him two years ago when he threw Chump to the ground and ran by him. I know alot of you will say that Chump was hurt just like you're saying this year when he's off his game (GB). If he is hurt, he shouldn't be out there. Stop making excuses for this guy. He gambles too much but if you watch guys like Rashaun Mathis, Asante Samuel, and guys like that who don't have the hype that Chump has, they simply get the job done. Chump has not delivered in what we traded for and that's to get this team to the SB like the guy who started this thread said. Then to go get another corner in a position that is overrated is just plain stupid. We could have kept Portis and our drafts that you idiots aren't factoring into the trade. Chump Bailey is not answering the call. That's the bottom line.
    You seem to think that any CB has shut down one side of the field every game, there were many games that Champ shut down a side of the field, Also Champ had the best year of any CB ever.

You simply sound baised agianst Champ, He is one of the best ever. But even the best get beat when their is no pressure.

Rashaun and Asante have not even done half of what Champ has done right now. Rashaun is 10X closer then Asante. Unless you're going to judge every thing off of one bad year playing on a loseing team.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyBronco View Post
    You seem to think that any CB has shut down one side of the field every game, there were many games that Champ shut down a side of the field, Also Champ had the best year of any CB ever.

You simply sound baised agianst Champ, He is one of the best ever. But even the best get beat when their is no pressure.

Rashaun and Asante have not even done half of what Champ has done right now. Rashaun is 10X closer then Asante. Unless you're going to judge every thing off of one bad year playing on a loseing team.
    Biased against Chump? Why? You look at the games in the playoffs and honestly say that their not as good as Chump. Evidently you don't watch the nfl. They have done everything Chump has done. The only thing is, Chump hasn't done what they do. They shut down there man by playing in your face, physical, tough, bump and run "D." Chump, like I said is always 10 yards off his man and he does get picks but gets beat way more often then either one of those guys.

This so called "Chump" you are speaking off had one of the best season's a corner has ever had in the National Football League. He was nearly unbeatable in the redzone, while barely ever getting thrown at and still accumulating 10 INT.

He literally shut down half of the field last year, ask anybody and they will tell you he should have been DPOY becasue of the overall impact he had on our historical defensive start last year.

Next, you ask when has Champ ever won us a game. Well does our home game against San Diego in 2005 ring a bell? Champ almost single handily won that game with that pick he returned for a TD. Arguablly he turned our season around because had San Diego put together a drive and scored we were toast and would have started 0-2.

Want more? How about a playoff game? With the score 10-6 and the Patises driving and in the red-zone Champ had that amazing pick and changed that game, that play was the reason we were able to hold on.

To your next point, Champ did not give up a single touchdown in 06. He gambles to much? 11 Passes defended and 10 INT. You need to research before you make idiotic claims. Mathis and Samuel were thrown at over 20 times each.

Next, we have had our best season since 98 with Champ which was our 13-3 year and we went to the AFC Championship game, we did not come even close with Portis.

Finally, What more do you want a guy to do. How has he not answered the call? Just to tell you buddy, the whole world disagree's with you.

Rebuttal?

Thread starter's name fits....

Just how many games has poooorti$ won for the 'skins?
    Just how many games has poooorti$ missed because of injury?

Anybody that knows the game called the NFL knows that you don't throw huge money at rb's. It's called business sense.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybronco View Post

I dont know if you have seen who plays in the AFC...

QB's: Manning, Brady, Palmer, Rothlisburger, Anderson, Garrard, Russell, Schuab
    WR's: Moss, Harrison, Ocho Cinco, Houshmandzadeh, Wayne, Edwards, Holmes, Johnson

We can plug any runningback into our system and make it work but we cant just plug any CB into our system and pray that they can cover those WR's with those QB's throwing to them.

I know your going to say that a good RB would keep them off the field but they are going to get on the field no matter what and with no good CB's our defense would be TERRIBLE!
    Last edited by AllEyezOnZach27; 12-27-2007 at 03:41 PM.

Funny because I actually remember a few games that Champ won for us. Not that any person does it single handedly, but he came just as close as any RB single handedly winning their team a game. Portis did, and probably would have done more of, the same. I just figured I would correct you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    I dont know if you have seen who plays in the AFC...

QB's: Manning, Brady, Palmer, Rothlisburger, Anderson, Garrard, Russell, Schuab
    WR's: Moss, Harrison, Ocho Cinco, Houshmandzadeh, Wayne, Edwards, Holmes, Johnson

We can plug any runningback into our system and make it work but we cant just plug any CB into our system and pray that they can cover those WR's with those QB's throwing to them.

I know your going to say that a good RB would keep them off the field but they are going to get on the field no matter what and with no good CB's our defense would be TERRIBLE!
    Well said Zach

We ask all great corners to play "zone".