Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    i have to agree. all you people arguing for champ need to look at this differently.

i love champ nad dont want him to go anywhere but truth be told unless he has a very good D around him he isnt going to make the impact he has. he has been beaten consistently this year so stop sayin he eliminates half of the field because he doesnt.

also nobody has really come close to portis' production here since im mean over 1500 yards both seasons not to mention he was a home run threat every time he touched the ball, something we havent seen in a long time.

truth be told teams can eliminate champ from the game rather easily while its harder for them to do so with a RB that demands respect.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    i have to agree. all you people arguing for champ need to look at this differently.

i love champ nad dont want him to go anywhere but truth be told unless he has a very good D around him he isnt going to make the impact he has. he has been beaten consistently this year so stop sayin he eliminates half of the field because he doesnt.

also nobody has really come close to portis' production here since im mean over 1500 yards both seasons not to mention he was a home run threat every time he touched the ball, something we havent seen in a long time.

truth be told teams can eliminate champ from the game rather easily while its harder for them to do so with a RB that demands respect.
    For one Champ hasn't been 100% since week one. Two he hasn't had a single bit of pass rush from the DL all year. How is a CB supposed to cover his man for 6seconds while the QB stands in the pocket without even a fly touching him? Third, our run defense has been terrible all season. Champ must keep his eyes in the backfield instead of focusing his attention on the WR. Champ is by far the best tackler we have on our team. Its kinda hard for him to do both at the same time.

As for him not being able to shut down half the field, look at what he did last year. He should have been DPOY by far. That was the best season I have ever seen a CB play. As for this year, he cant play ever position on the field. God I wish he could but he cant.

As for Portis, I loved him when he was here but its in the past. I would never EVER take that trade back. I mean come on, we got both Champ and Dre outta that deal. As I said before, we can plug anyone we want into the RB position and not have to worry about it. The reason all this Portis talk is coming up is because our OL has been injured and very young. I think if we can get healthy (Nalen & Hamilton) and finally get some continuity we will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    For one Champ hasn't been 100% since week one. Two he hasn't had a single bit of pass rush from the DL all year. How is a CB supposed to cover his man for 6seconds while the QB stands in the pocket without even a fly touching him? Third, our run defense has been terrible all season. Champ must keep his eyes in the backfield instead of focusing his attention on the WR. Champ is by far the best tackler we have on our team. Its kinda hard for him to do both at the same time.

As for him not being able to shut down half the field, look at what he did last year. He should have been DPOY by far. That was the best season I have ever seen a CB play. As for this year, he cant play ever position on the field. God I wish he could but he cant.

As for Portis, I loved him when he was here but its in the past. I would never EVER take that trade back. I mean come on, we got both Champ and Dre outta that deal. As I said before, we can plug anyone we want into the RB position and not have to worry about it. The reason all this Portis talk is coming up is because our OL has been injured and very young. I think if we can get healthy (Nalen & Hamilton) and finally get some continuity we will be fine.
    dude since when was champ hurt in week one, he hurt his hamstring or quad against the jags or chargers i believe which neither was week 1.

next you said exactly the same thing i did only you are for champ. i ever said i would take the trade back because i think we got a great deal. i simply meant that we need a great RB. champ will not be effective if he doesnt have the parts around him and thats exactly what i said. but you see you can have a great defense without great corners but a good/great front 7, but not the other way around as shown by this year.

also im sick of hearing all this just plug someone into the Rb spot in denver, it insane. we NEED a legit threat in our backfield. someone teams are afraid of, and as of right now nobody is afraid of our trio of back be it henry, hall, or young. im sick of rotating RBs all the time let a star get all the carries, instead of these damn role players that come in and everyone knows what we are going to do when they come into the game.

and like i said its a hell of a lot easier for a team to eliminate champ from a game rather than a Star RB, something we really need.
    -------

This issue is pretty simple.

Q:How often can you get a back like clinton portis in the NFL draft?
    A: Every season

Q: How often can you get a CB like Champ Bailey in the NFL draft?
    A: Every 10 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by HidEmu View Post
    This issue is pretty simple.

Q:How often can you get a back like clinton portis in the NFL draft?
    A: Every season

Q: How often can you get a CB like Champ Bailey in the NFL draft?
    A: Every 10 seasons
    Enough said.

The running game will help get you to the playoffs, the defense will help you get to the super bowl.

Then, pray for both for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    also im sick of hearing all this just plug someone into the Rb spot in denver, it insane. we NEED a legit threat in our backfield. someone teams are afraid of, and as of right now nobody is afraid of our trio of back be it henry, hall, or young. im sick of rotating RBs all the time let a star get all the carries, instead of these damn role players that come in and everyone knows what we are going to do when they come into the game.
    So lets go out and get ourselves a 1st round RB that wont do crap because our OL is screwed up its not even funny. The reason AP is doing so well in MIN is because their OL is amazing. A RB wont help fix our offense. Also can you recall what round we drafted TD in? Oh yeah that right the 6th round! It been proven that we can put any RB into our system and they can produce. If i recall Travis Henry was leading the NFL in rushing before he was injured/pot issues. Give Travis another season to see if he can stay healthy and produce. Selvin Young has shown flashes that he can become a great change-of-pace back/spell TH. There are too many problems with this team to ever think about drafting a RB in the first round. Maybe in 2 years after we have sured up all of our other needs (OL, DL, LB, S, KR/PR) then we can think about maybe drafting a dominate RB in the 1st RD if there is one that would fit our system! Just my opinion remember!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybronco View Post
    portis for bailey hahah dumb yes champ is the greates but what has he done for this team to win a superbowl or even get to the superbowl....

i think its better to have and average corner and a great running back then the othere way around. alot of teams have and there winning ...flaming come on

we really need some sort of aptitude exam prior to registration
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

Do you remember our secondary before we got Champ? I shudder to think of it. I was happy when we drafted Clinton because I liked him in college at The U (my team) and going to Denver just iced it for me. He was good in Denver and he went well with our scheme. But we really needed a good corner becuase teams were just passing all up and down the field on us. Champ has made a much bigger impact here than Portis did.

But on that note I dont believe the whole thing that Denver can just throw anyone in there and be good. No. Cycling 3 differnent backs in at a time just isnt the way to go. We have to find a good solid HB that can carry the load and become a franchise HB for us. One that we dont trade away after a year or so though . One that Terrel Davis wouldve been if he hadnt gone through so many problems (I ask God everyday why that had to happen). Personally I think that can be found in Mike Hart but thats for a different discussion.
    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

portis for bailey hahah dumb yes champ is the greates but what has he done for this team to win a superbowl or even get to the superbowl....

i think its better to have and average corner and a great running back then the othere way around. alot of teams have and there winning ...flaming come on
    excuse me but which super bowl did Portis get us to? Portis was a great back don't get me wrong but in the two years ports was our back, we went 10-6 and 9-7. after he was traded. denver went 10-6, 9-7, 13-3, and currently 6-9. save this off year, Denver really hasn't lost in the win collumn. fact is, with the way our running system is, we don't need a flashy back to win games. just some average joe that can keep the pace of the game and run down clock in the 4th. RB's are a dime a dozen. DB's are not. to have a guy like Champ is indescribable in terms of the value he brings to the defense. Denver has always been a great rushing team. and the Front office knows this, main reason we go through backs like hookers go through johns. by getting rid of Portis, and getting Bailey. we gained without losing hardly anything. Denver was top 10 in rushing when Portis was here and stayed in the top 10 since. even this year we rank 9th. it was a great trade imo. plus we got DJ williams out of it

"Chump" Bailey is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorebronco View Post
    Corners may not win games by themselves singlehandedly, but they sure help!

when a great corner, like champ, completely eliminates the opposing team's top wide receiver from being a go to guy, then that frees the rest of the defense up like crazy.

That's without saying that he may possibly be the best corner of all time.

Ohh, and as for portis:

Name me one season he has gone without injury since his trade...

OOPS!

Besides, his prideful over confident and money greedy ways are not missed in the locker room or the coach's' office.
    Chump isn't close to the best corner all time. He's prolly the best athlete at corner but far from the best. There are corners in the league that will give Chump a run for his money. When have Chump ever shut down a whole side of the field? Exactly. When have Chump won a game for us? The answer is never. If Chump could have done that, Them would have had him on the best reciever no matter where the reciever lines up. You mentioned all the great QBs but JaMarcus Russell went right at Chump his first action and completed a big pass. The play off game against the Steelers where we lost. Watch the game and see Chump looking at HInes Ward trying to jump the pass to the inside and got beat bad by his man (Cedric Wilson). Teams aren't afraid of Champ, Champ need to be himself and yall need to stop breast feeding the guy all this praise and confidence. If you see Chump, most of the time he's 10 yards off his man. Why? Because the guy is not physical, he's just fast and athletic. When we did win those SBs sooooooo long ago, we had physical corners and won too years in a row. Chump is like reminds me of Yao Ming. He is good, great in fact but the guy is too soft. T.O. exposed him two years ago when he threw Chump to the ground and ran by him. I know alot of you will say that Chump was hurt just like you're saying this year when he's off his game (GB). If he is hurt, he shouldn't be out there. Stop making excuses for this guy. He gambles too much but if you watch guys like Rashaun Mathis, Asante Samuel, and guys like that who don't have the hype that Chump has, they simply get the job done. Chump has not delivered in what we traded for and that's to get this team to the SB like the guy who started this thread said. Then to go get another corner in a position that is overrated is just plain stupid. We could have kept Portis and our drafts that you idiots aren't factoring into the trade. Chump Bailey is not answering the call. That's the bottom line.

Corners may not be able to win a game, But they can certianly lose a game for you, and turn one around as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FireShanahan View Post
    Chump isn't close to the best corner all time. He's prolly the best athlete at corner but far from the best. There are corners in the league that will give Chump a run for his money. When have Chump ever shut down a whole side of the field? Exactly.
    if you'd like to look credible, which by now won't happen, maybe you shouldn't call him chump. it's kinda the dead giveaway it's just a personal thing you have against him.

this topic is stupid times ten. stupid squared. a new species of stupid.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

Quote Originally Posted by Superchop7 View Post
    We ask all great corners to play "zone".
    Thats because man-to-man is terribly weak against the run, and that LAST thing we need is to make it worse against the run.

Quote Originally Posted by FireShanahan View Post
    Chump isn't close to the best corner all time. He's prolly the best athlete at corner but far from the best. There are corners in the league that will give Chump a run for his money. When have Chump ever shut down a whole side of the field? Exactly. When have Chump won a game for us? The answer is never. If Chump could have done that, Them would have had him on the best reciever no matter where the reciever lines up. You mentioned all the great QBs but JaMarcus Russell went right at Chump his first action and completed a big pass. The play off game against the Steelers where we lost. Watch the game and see Chump looking at HInes Ward trying to jump the pass to the inside and got beat bad by his man (Cedric Wilson). Teams aren't afraid of Champ, Champ need to be himself and yall need to stop breast feeding the guy all this praise and confidence. If you see Chump, most of the time he's 10 yards off his man. Why? Because the guy is not physical, he's just fast and athletic. When we did win those SBs sooooooo long ago, we had physical corners and won too years in a row. Chump is like reminds me of Yao Ming. He is good, great in fact but the guy is too soft. T.O. exposed him two years ago when he threw Chump to the ground and ran by him. I know alot of you will say that Chump was hurt just like you're saying this year when he's off his game (GB). If he is hurt, he shouldn't be out there. Stop making excuses for this guy. He gambles too much but if you watch guys like Rashaun Mathis, Asante Samuel, and guys like that who don't have the hype that Chump has, they simply get the job done. Chump has not delivered in what we traded for and that's to get this team to the SB like the guy who started this thread said. Then to go get another corner in a position that is overrated is just plain stupid. We could have kept Portis and our drafts that you idiots aren't factoring into the trade. Chump Bailey is not answering the call. That's the bottom line.
    You seem to think that any CB has shut down one side of the field every game, there were many games that Champ shut down a side of the field, Also Champ had the best year of any CB ever.

You simply sound baised agianst Champ, He is one of the best ever. But even the best get beat when their is no pressure.

Rashaun and Asante have not even done half of what Champ has done right now. Rashaun is 10X closer then Asante. Unless you're going to judge every thing off of one bad year playing on a loseing team.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyBronco View Post
    You seem to think that any CB has shut down one side of the field every game, there were many games that Champ shut down a side of the field, Also Champ had the best year of any CB ever.

You simply sound baised agianst Champ, He is one of the best ever. But even the best get beat when their is no pressure.

Rashaun and Asante have not even done half of what Champ has done right now. Rashaun is 10X closer then Asante. Unless you're going to judge every thing off of one bad year playing on a loseing team.
    Biased against Chump? Why? You look at the games in the playoffs and honestly say that their not as good as Chump. Evidently you don't watch the nfl. They have done everything Chump has done. The only thing is, Chump hasn't done what they do. They shut down there man by playing in your face, physical, tough, bump and run "D." Chump, like I said is always 10 yards off his man and he does get picks but gets beat way more often then either one of those guys.