Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 294
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    I remember this debate going on and on during the time of the trade. The fact remains, its MUCH easier to find a RB than it is to find a top corner.

    The day of the trade, I was listening to ESPN radio, during the course of the day they had interviewed Bill Parcells, Bill Belicheck, and Herm Edwards. Each one was asked if they were in the same position, if they would have made the same trade. EACH one of them said YES. EACH one of them said they would make that trade because RBs are MUCH easier to find than a top-flight CB.

    That being said. Considering some of the HoF coaches that are saying they would also make the very same trade.... I feel it was a pretty good move.

    "Bailey hasn't won us to a SB." LT is the best in the game, how many SBs have the Chargers won???

    "Bailey hasn't even gotten us to a SB." How many SBs have the Washington Redskins gone to WITH Portis???

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by FireShanahan View Post
    Biased against Chump? Why? You look at the games in the playoffs and honestly say that their not as good as Chump. Evidently you don't watch the nfl. They have done everything Chump has done. The only thing is, Chump hasn't done what they do. They shut down there man by playing in your face, physical, tough, bump and run "D." Chump, like I said is always 10 yards off his man and he does get picks but gets beat way more often then either one of those guys.
    Lmao to all the BS you just said, Champ is one of the best tacklers in the game, every game he has the second amount of tackles. What do you call physical, tough , if not the ability to tackle.

    No I do not see any of the CB's in the playoffs doing what Champ has done in his career. Even this "bad" season, he's done as well as the top 10 and that's with a horrible line and trying to play the run first.

    I have not seen any CB this year shut down his man all year. Champ has done it quite a few times this year, So maybe you should try watching the NFL.

    Biased,, LOL you miss spell his name so maybe we are talking about a different guy.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by FireShanahan View Post
    Biased against Chump? Why? You look at the games in the playoffs and honestly say that their not as good as Chump. Evidently you don't watch the nfl. They have done everything Chump has done. The only thing is, Chump hasn't done what they do. They shut down there man by playing in your face, physical, tough, bump and run "D." Chump, like I said is always 10 yards off his man and he does get picks but gets beat way more often then either one of those guys.
    wow

    how out to lunch can one person get?
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

    http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    71

    That's not the question?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I remember this debate going on and on during the time of the trade. The fact remains, its MUCH easier to find a RB than it is to find a top corner.

    The day of the trade, I was listening to ESPN radio, during the course of the day they had interviewed Bill Parcells, Bill Belicheck, and Herm Edwards. Each one was asked if they were in the same position, if they would have made the same trade. EACH one of them said YES. EACH one of them said they would make that trade because RBs are MUCH easier to find than a top-flight CB.

    That being said. Considering some of the HoF coaches that are saying they would also make the very same trade.... I feel it was a pretty good move.

    "Bailey hasn't won us to a SB." LT is the best in the game, how many SBs have the Chargers won???

    "Bailey hasn't even gotten us to a SB." How many SBs have the Washington Redskins gone to WITH Portis???
    We don't have Portis, Either Bill, Herm or Lt. We have Chump. Why did we feel it was necessary to get Chump then? It was because he was to do all this stuff to better the team and get us to the SB or what was the reason to get him? Just to say "Hi guys we got the "so-called" best corner in the game? You keep Portis and build off your own players because if he's that important a team need, hewould have never been traded from the Redskins. Think about this? How many Sb did Chump take Washington to when he was there? Think about that. Matter of fact, the Redskins were worst with Chump than they are with Portis. Just like we are worst with Chump then we were with Portis.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Broncos Country
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by FireShanahan View Post
    Just like we are worst with Chump then we were with Portis.
    Denver was a top 10 rushing team when portis was here, and still is one after he left. the secondary is vastly improved. same d-line problems. how are we worse off?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by FireShanahan View Post
    We don't have Portis, Either Bill, Herm or Lt. We have Chump. Why did we feel it was necessary to get Chump then? It was because he was to do all this stuff to better the team and get us to the SB or what was the reason to get him? Just to say "Hi guys we got the "so-called" best corner in the game? You keep Portis and build off your own players because if he's that important a team need, hewould have never been traded from the Redskins. Think about this? How many Sb did Chump take Washington to when he was there? Think about that. Matter of fact, the Redskins were worst with Chump than they are with Portis. Just like we are worst with Chump then we were with Portis.
    Its hard to argue with you, Your arguments are just so bad by their self. So because a team didn't go to a SB one of the players for the team cannot be great??? So we were better with Portis then we were in 2005??? What does what the Redskins are doing with different players and systems matter for what the Broncos need??? * nothing btw.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by FireShanahan View Post
    We don't have Portis, Either Bill, Herm or Lt. We have Chump. Why did we feel it was necessary to get Chump then? It was because he was to do all this stuff to better the team and get us to the SB or what was the reason to get him? Just to say "Hi guys we got the "so-called" best corner in the game? You keep Portis and build off your own players because if he's that important a team need, hewould have never been traded from the Redskins. Think about this? How many Sb did Chump take Washington to when he was there? Think about that. Matter of fact, the Redskins were worst with Chump than they are with Portis. Just like we are worst with Chump then we were with Portis.
    do you even read what you type, or are you just this brain dead??

    We don't have Portis, Either Bill, Herm or Lt.
    what does this even mean?

    Think about this? How many Sb did Chump take Washington to when he was there?
    How many SBs has LT taken the Chargers to? How many SBs did Barry Sanders take the Lions to? How many SBs did Portis take Washington to? How many SBs did Earl Cambell take the Oilers to? How many SBs did Walter Peyton take the Bears to? How many SBs did Priest Holmes or Larry Johnson lead the Chiefs to? How many SBs did Curtis Martin lead the Jets to?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by FireShanahan View Post
    We don't have Portis, Either Bill, Herm or Lt. We have Chump. Why did we feel it was necessary to get Chump then? It was because he was to do all this stuff to better the team and get us to the SB or what was the reason to get him? Just to say "Hi guys we got the "so-called" best corner in the game? You keep Portis and build off your own players because if he's that important a team need, hewould have never been traded from the Redskins. Think about this? How many Sb did Chump take Washington to when he was there? Think about that. Matter of fact, the Redskins were worst with Chump than they are with Portis. Just like we are worst with Chump then we were with Portis.

    "Chump"? If you don't stop displaying your lack of intelligence, people might start to think that you're an idiot......
    Last edited by stnzed; 12-28-2007 at 01:34 AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by FireShanahan View Post
    We don't have Portis, Either Bill, Herm or Lt. We have Chump. Why did we feel it was necessary to get Chump then? It was because he was to do all this stuff to better the team and get us to the SB or what was the reason to get him? Just to say "Hi guys we got the "so-called" best corner in the game? You keep Portis and build off your own players because if he's that important a team need, hewould have never been traded from the Redskins. Think about this? How many Sb did Chump take Washington to when he was there? Think about that. Matter of fact, the Redskins were worst with Chump than they are with Portis. Just like we are worst with Chump then we were with Portis.
    the concept that a top level corner is of much more value and more rare than a top level running back, is clearly lost upon this guy. i pity someone so out of touch with reality. it kinda depresses me.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

    http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lusby, Maryland
    Posts
    4,349
    last time i checked we didnt win a superbowl with portis either. in fact the only superbowls we won were with a back taken in the seventh rd that ran behind one of the more dominating lines in the nfl.


    i would take champ to stay on this team over any rb in the nfl right now. including peterson and LT....call me crazy but shutdown corners are alot harder to find than Good backs! and for those that really understand how hard being a corner is they will understand why champ didnt have ten ints this year but is still going to the pro bowl!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    598

    Stop using the 10 yards off comment!

    That is one of the most brain dead things ive ever heard! It all depends on the defense being ran on that play and how the coach wants recievers filtered into the set. If a DB plays off a reciever that means the defense wants that reciever to break inside of the zone. If its Press coverage then the defense is set to bang up the QBs 3 0r 5 or 7 step drop. So dont get it twisted, no DB in the history of the game that wasnt a cover 2 DB plays Bump coverage on every play. And the only reason cover 2 plays bump is because the DB doesnt go anywhere he stays in the flat zone

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lusby, Maryland
    Posts
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanket24 View Post
    That is one of the most brain dead things ive ever heard! It all depends on the defense being ran on that play and how the coach wants recievers filtered into the set. If a DB plays off a reciever that means the defense wants that reciever to break inside of the zone. If its Press coverage then the defense is set to bang up the QBs 3 0r 5 or 7 step drop. So dont get it twisted, no DB in the history of the game that wasnt a cover 2 DB plays Bump coverage on every play. And the only reason cover 2 plays bump is because the DB doesnt go anywhere he stays in the flat zone



    huh? who u talking to the thread guy or someone else?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    598

    Referring

    I was referring to the dude that keeps tryin to say that champ sux because he apparently plays 45 yards off the reciever

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Thats because man-to-man is terribly weak against the run, and that LAST thing we need is to make it worse against the run.
    This statement kinda makes the thread starters point. You dont need great corners if we are gonna play zone. Look at Ronde Barber. He isnt in Champs class playing man to man, but he's great in zone. Bly is a cover corner that left Detriot because of the zone scheme.

    Point is Champ is one of my favorite players on the team but has talent is going to waste on this defense.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    "Chump"? If you don't stop displaying your lack of intelligence, people might start to think that you're an idiot......
    too late to keep me from being convinced...
    Somebody pressure the QB!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •