Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kitten questions

So we got a couple kittens a few months ago. They are both neutered male Siamese cats. They are now about 6 - 7 months old and are a pain in the butt. They get into everything, meow in front of bedroom doors at 4am, tear up plastic bags / trash bags and I'm sure you know the rest. I'm wondering if this behavior tends to settle down as they get older or should I expect more of the same forever?

P.S.

I still think they are awesome even though they are trouble =P

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

It tends to settle down after awhile. My suggestion, if you haven't already done it, is to buy a plethora of cat toys. Wear them out before you decide to go to sleep.

Also, it might be a wise decision to make sure that they have food out at night. This should help to stop them from crying every hour of the night.

Edit: Post some pictures for us!
    Last edited by . i n t e l; 01-09-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: forgot something!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Nazrite/Champsigcopy.jpg[/IMG]

Definitley cat toys. A tired kitten is a well behaved kitten.

They will settle down as they get older, and really start getting into the rythm of your life. My cats at home now sleep most of the night, and are awake in the morning and evening, when we are home.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Quote Originally Posted by . i n t e l View Post
    It tends to settle down after awhile. My suggestion, if you haven't already done it, is to buy a plethora of cat toys. Wear them out before you decide to go to sleep.

Also, it might be a wise decision to make sure that they have food out at night. This should help to stop them from crying every hour of the night.

Edit: Post some pictures for us!

Oh man....so many cat toys down there and they don't play with them much unless really bored. But man, you drom a tiny piece of plastic on the ground or something and it's game over for at least a couple hours lol. I'll make sure to try the food thing

Meet Champ & Bailey:

Great looking cats!!!! Thanx for the pics.

Like everyone said they wil grow out of it and....TOYS!!! But I find it better to just use the little pieces of plactic you take off the milk gallon before you open it for the first time. My cats love those.....that is until they eat it all hahahaha

I have two cats and the younger of the two plays fetch with those little fake mice you buy at the store....he can't get enough. If I ask him where his toy is he starts meowing and looking around for it....hahaha. And after living with a HUGE Rottie for a while he learned to growl like a dog. If someone knocks on the door, he will start growling and staring at the door. I'm like, "What are you gonna do Makoto?" lolhahahaha

My other cat Tigon just likes to sleep, eat and you know the rest.....he will play if I give him some catnip....hehehe

Anyway, great pics and have fun with the kitties.

PEACE!!!
    JEEP
    O||||O
    []-----[]

PEACE!!!

Cute cats! (And I'm not much of a fan of cats, lol)

I LOVE that you named them Champ and Bailey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    Great looking cats!!!! Thanx for the pics.

Like everyone said they wil grow out of it and....TOYS!!! But I find it better to just use the little pieces of plactic you take off the milk gallon before you open it for the first time. My cats love those.....that is until they eat it all hahahaha

I have two cats and the younger of the two plays fetch with those little fake mice you buy at the store....he can't get enough. If I ask him where his toy is he starts meowing and looking around for it....hahaha. And after living with a HUGE Rottie for a while he learned to growl like a dog. If someone knocks on the door, he will start growling and staring at the door. I'm like, "What are you gonna do Makoto?" lolhahahaha

My other cat Tigon just likes to sleep, eat and you know the rest.....he will play if I give him some catnip....hehehe

Anyway, great pics and have fun with the kitties.

PEACE!!!

Lol, growls at the door....that's awesome.

Thanks =)

I just had to say this

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how cute.

and My cat was a terror for a long time. The we made it stop was hitting it with a rolled up news paper when it did something bad, like scratch the couch, or bite into wires, but never hit her hard or in the head.

In A book I bought if the cat tends to scratch one area of the rug constantly Vets recomment pouring a bit of hot red chillie powder... and it did work.

Now all our cat does is kill snakes and rats. and 1 poor bunny

Champ and Bailey are adorable!

One way to discipline cats is to use a spray bottle with water in it. Squirt the cat when he does something wrong (be careful around electronics). Cats hate water, right? Unless, you have one like mine. She runs towards me when I spray her, like she wants more (she's weird. Fits right in with the family ). What does work with her is loud noises, like shaking a plastic bag at her. She hates it.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
    Champ and Bailey are adorable!

One way to discipline cats is to use a spray bottle with water in it. Squirt the cat when he does something wrong (be careful around electronics). Cats hate water, right? Unless, you have one like mine. She runs towards me when I spray her, like she wants more (she's weird. Fits right in with the family ). What does work with her is loud noises, like shaking a plastic bag at her. She hates it.

Yeah that definitly works......now when I grab the spray bottle to get the wrinkles outta my shirts....they cats go running....hahaha

On the water note.....my cat Makoto won't drink unless it's outta the faucet in the tub...hahaha. Now that I think about I should get a pic of that.

**EDIT** Makoto drinkin' out of the tub faucet......haha

PEACE!!!
    Last edited by AlWilsonizKING; 01-09-2008 at 10:27 PM.
    JEEP
    O||||O
    []-----[]

PEACE!!!

calibroncogrl47 Guest
    Al at your cat growling at the door and only drinking out of faucet.. that is so funny!!!

calibroncogrl47 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrass View Post
    Oh man....so many cat toys down there and they don't play with them much unless really bored. But man, you drom a tiny piece of plastic on the ground or something and it's game over for at least a couple hours lol. I'll make sure to try the food thing

Meet Champ & Bailey:
    Your kittens are so cute!!!

Yeah I would have go with the spray bottle also.. that is a good way for them to know if they are doing something wrong.

We actually had to declaw our kitten because he scratched and scratched and scratched.

I'm glad we did now.. and he is just as playful and hyper but just can't do as much damage.

That is a hard thing to decide to do though.. and it was emotionally hard for me.. When you do that you have to make sure that they are Indoor cats ONLY.

Mine(Gizmo) won't even go close to the door because he has been inside since he was a kitten. When the door opens he runs under my bed.

Siamese Cats are infamously knows as being psycho. Do their eyes match? Some of this breed will have different colored eyes.

All great suggestions here for ya.

Definately have the food out. And do they have beds? A simple old pillow or towel in their "spot" can help tremendously. Our cats are not allowed in the house since we have birds. LOL. They stay in the garage as they are outside cats only that are lucky to be alive in the first place since momma Mittsy Kitty was a stray and then went out whoring around and had twin boys. We kept Simba the first born. The cats have a love seat in the garage with lots of blankets and stuff plus our garage is insulated so it doesn't get that cold in there.

And regarding the toys. Hanging a ball on a string somehow will keep them entertained without your participation. They also make these toys that have scratch post bases and dangly toys as well.

Hang in there. They should calm down after they turn a year. Simba did.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    Yeah that definitly works......now when I grab the spray bottle to get the wrinkles outta my shirts....they cats go running....hahaha

On the water note.....my cat Makoto won't drink unless it's outta the faucet in the tub...hahaha. Now that I think about I should get a pic of that.

**EDIT** Makoto drinkin' out of the tub faucet......haha

PEACE!!!
    Lol.....funny cat.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Siamese Cats are infamously knows as being psycho. Do their eyes match? Some of this breed will have different colored eyes.

All great suggestions here for ya.

Definately have the food out. And do they have beds? A simple old pillow or towel in their "spot" can help tremendously. Our cats are not allowed in the house since we have birds. LOL. They stay in the garage as they are outside cats only that are lucky to be alive in the first place since momma Mittsy Kitty was a stray and then went out whoring around and had twin boys. We kept Simba the first born. The cats have a love seat in the garage with lots of blankets and stuff plus our garage is insulated so it doesn't get that cold in there.

And regarding the toys. Hanging a ball on a string somehow will keep them entertained without your participation. They also make these toys that have scratch post bases and dangly toys as well.

Hang in there. They should calm down after they turn a year. Simba did.

Yeah their eyes match. Bailey is cross eyed though, and since the pictures his head has gotten fatter and rounder....makes for a very goofy cat lol. They have one of those kitty condo thingies for a bed.....it's like 6 feet high, but for some reason they prefer to sleep in the laundry basket. I must say...the best cat toys we have so far are a laser pointer and a remote controled car (with a toy mouse taped to the top of course).